PDA

View Full Version : Best (or least expensive) way to book WDW trip?

wdwnutz
09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
What is the best or least expensive way to book a WDW trip? Should I use Disney, AAA or Magical Journeys? Pros/ cons?

faline
09-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Using any of the sources you cite does not cost you any money. I would, however, highly recommend that you use Magical Journeys. Not only does using them helf support Intercot, but they may also save you more money than the other sources you cite. The reason? Magical Journeys will continue to monitor your reservation and if any discounts are announced that will benefit you, Magical Journeys will make the changes to your reservation for you!

BigRedDad
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I have done is myself, through AAA, and MJ. Personally, AAA is the worst. In my experiences, I know more than my agent and communication was in weeks instead of hours. Doing it yourself is not too bad, but you have to manage finding discounts. Going with MJ, you work through them, they book it, and any specials, they automatically change it for you. They are very responsive and if they are busy, they will let you know that and why so they can get back with you when they can. That usually occurs mornings when a discount comes out. I would use MJ over anything else.

Strmchsr
09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Done all three and Magical Journeys is the best way to go, hands down. I have dealt with the same agent (Wendy) for every trip over the last 6 years. I always get great service, she finds every discount available, and she's endlessly patient with my questions. Plus, supporting them supports Intercot. With Disney and AAA you're kind of rolling the dice as to what kind of service you get, and it'll be different every time you call.

Briansmom
09-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Another vote for MJ!!! Wendy rocks! :thumbsup:

JPL
09-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Magical Journeys all the way their service simply can't be beat! :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
09-06-2010, 08:25 AM
We love Denise at Magical Journey's.She's so attentive and I'm a search nut so I usually know what's a good price and she's always been spot on.I just love not have the hassle of calling Disney to make changes and MJ does it all for you.

Kairi_7378
09-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I've used AAA to book 2 trips. The first one went very smoothly and the agent was fantastic in helping us make our arrangements. The second one started out well but after our initial booking it became difficult to deal with them. So I think in the case of AAA, it really depends on who you get to make your arrangements.

I'm going to try to convince my DH to use MJ on our next trip. :number1:

wdwnutz
09-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Will the final price be the same regardless of which way I go? MJ sounds like my best choice because they are always looking for the best price available for me, correct? Disney will not do this automatically? I've booked with AAA, and it has been hit or miss in getting the most up to date discount.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes, the price will be the same, MJ (or anyone else) doesn't have access to secret Disney discounts.

What MJ will do is make sure that you have the best price possible, and are getting the best value for your Disney vacation dollar.

Strmchsr
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Will the final price be the same regardless of which way I go?

To some degree, yes. What I mean by that is that Disney is very controlling of their price structure. You're not going to go to one travel agent and get a cheaper deal than with another or get a percent off by booking directly with Disney. Where you might come out cheaper is that MJ will know all of the deals and can crunch all of the numbers for you so that they might save you money by finding a deal or pointing out an option that you might miss if you were doing it yourself through Disney or AAA (who usually doesn't do anything other than what you ask them to do ). It's not that you couldn't come up with the same price doing it yourself, but that the MJ folks are the experts and they know all the ins and outs.

wdwnutz
09-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Thank you! Where is MJ located? Do you book everything online or phone? I just got a qoute from Kathy at MJ and it is the same price as Disney, but now I see how they compare all your options to get the best possible price.

Pocahontas
09-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Just wanted to give my praise to MJ too! I've booked on my own, through AAA, and through MJ and MJ wins hands down! They watch for discounts and I have gotten them even many months after booking. I've worked with Karen at MJ 3 or 4 times now and have bugged her with many questions. She has always responded very quickly and has shown great knowledge with everything.

Have fun planning - I always do!:)

Strmchsr
09-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Thank you! Where is MJ located? Do you book everything online or phone? .

Their agents are all over the country. I do the vast majority of the work via email, but occasionally on the phone. Usually if you shoot your agent an email she'll get back to you very quickly, but if you need to talk through something on the phone, they'll be happy to do that, too.

tinksmom02
09-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Not like you need another vote for MJ, but here it is! We did our first 2 trips through AAA and the rest through MJ...MJ offers, by far, much better customer service. We got rooked by AAA on our 2007 trip--we paid through the NOSE--our agent was definitely not looking out for our best interests, let's just put it that way.

On the other hand, since booking with Terrisue in July, I've gotten 2 or 3 emails from her, stating that Disney has released deal "x", but what we have is ultimately better. In addition she often sends us reminders about booking ADRs and the candlelight processional. AAA has NEVER called me without my prompting them to.

Finally, my emails to Terrisue are returned promptly, definitely within a day and usually just a few hours. MJ are Disney-centric, so they can offer the best tips and tricks, and personal recommendations. Give them a try, you won't be sorry!

lovinmesomedisney
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I like to do my own thing, so I have never done anything but book through Disney. I usually book on line so I have all my paper work right there for me. I also know that I will get the best deal available from them. I booked a free dining plan, and then my friend decided she wanted to take her family at the same time. Even though it was past the deadline to book, Disney gave her family the free dining plan also.
I'm sure MJ is great, but I tend to like to do things myself, so Disney gets my vote!

biodtl
09-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I have done all three and WITHOUT A DOUBT Magical Journeys is the way to go!

brownie
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Magical Journeys, since they'll keep monitoring your trip for better deals and make the changes if something better comes along.

AllDisney
09-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Done them all. MJ IS THE WAY TO GO:number1:

Kathy is absolutely fantastic:mickey:

DiannaJ
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
I always use AAA because no matter what other vacation planners I use they seem to be cheaper. The vouchers you get with them always get used too.

hokies4life
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Just wanted to add my MJ love! Debbie has been wonderful with all my questions and quotes. And now we've gone through her to book our honeymoon for next year too. I sent my initial email at around 8pm I think, and not a few minutes later I had an answer, and got the whole thing booked (after a little back and forth of our preferences) by 10pm. I thought I would have to wait until the next day. Thanks Debbie :thumbsup:

They also do compare all possible discounts for you. Right now we have a AAA discount on our reservation, but the will watch for AP or Disney Visa offers as well to see if it becomes cheaper. Makes me feel alot less stressed as I finish up Nursing School and try to work on Wedding planning.

Disney Doll
09-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Magical Journeys gets my vote. They watch for deals to be released and then contact you with options. It's so nice to have someone else doing all the work. Plus, they really know their stuff which is important with a trip as complex as WDW.