PDA

View Full Version : Organizing tip for longer trips...

Dsnygirl
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Just wanted to share an idea I had that might help anyone else who is planning a longer trip at one of the resorts that has less "storage space" in the bathrm area...

We did a "split stay" last trip, going from CBR to AKL. We love both resorts, and it was awesome being able to stay at both in one trip. However, we did fall in love a little bit more with AKL, and are planning to stay there on our next trip the entire time, d/t to the cost-savings of free dining being available then! :cloud9:

Anyway, as much as we loved AKL, the one thing we found lacking in the bathrm area was storage... esp. coming from CBR, which has those nice attached shelves under the sink for towels and/or toiletries. AKL has nothing but open space under the sink, and the little shelf above the sink/below the mirror really doesn't hold much, and gets really messy after a few days w/ everyone's stuff. (and our next trip is 12 days, so it'll be crucial for my sanity to keep things neat... ;) ... if it was only a 5 or 6 day trip, I wouldn't worry about it...)

So... for our trip, I just bought two collapsable, stackable shelves... the kind you see at Walmart or Target that are metal covered in that soft, white plastic material. They are very lightweight and will lay down easily in our suitcases, and will then give us plenty of storage space under the sink for hairdryers (we never use the resort one, too slow... :blush:) straighteners and the like, or whatever we need to keep under there to keep the countertops open and neater.

And the best part?? We can use them here at home, as well, so they won't just gather dust b/w trips!

I know anyone who enjoys the planning/packing/organizing part of their trips as much as I do likes to get any new tips to see if they'll help, so I hope someone gets use out of this one! :)

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-05-2010, 03:49 PM
That's a great idea. I also get the shoe holders, (and they have larger ones) that velcro to the cloths bar beside the sink. it gives me many "shelves" and helps keep things tidy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for sharing ... even on a short trip, I forever feel like I'm moving stuff around in the bathroom area, trying to keep it neat.

Kairi_7378
09-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Blythe, thanks for the tip! I will have to remember that for our next vacation. I'm not a neat nick at home but for some reason I get kind of irritated by bathroom clutter when I'm at WDW. (Maybe it's because Mousekeeping comes in and sees our mess!)