PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

mnhockey
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Been to Disney the last nine years and never been to the Boardwalk. Just wondering if its worth it.

BellesRose
09-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I've only been once in the last 5 years, but it was fun. I wasn't there long and I don't remember all that there is to do, but I would say anything at Disney is worth trying at least once!

BrerGnat
09-05-2010, 04:41 PM
It's fun at night. It's also fun if you're staying in that resort area. Jellyrolls is worth visiting, but it's 21 and over only.

Otherwise, I don't think it's worth a special trip. The first time I even REALLY visited was this year, because we were staying at BC. It's certainly not as much of an "attraction" as Disney leads people to believe it is.

LuvDaDuckMost
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
It depends on what you like to do. I'd say it is more of an adult resort. I LOVE the Boardwalk! I love the fact that I can walk around it and eat over at Cape May at the Beach Club if I want. I like it's closeness to Epcot which is my favorite park. And like I said, it has adult places that are open late like Jellyrolls and ESPN as well as a classy little inside bar that is open late also.

BellesRose
09-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Even if the "nightlife" doesn't appeal to you, it's still a lot of fun! I went with my youth group at night and most of the group went on a boat ride, while I stayed with a friend and bought Dibs ice-cream at the gift shop and just sat on a bench and talked. It was so beautiful! I remember more now that I'm thinking about it ;)

phlo8810
09-06-2010, 09:52 AM
My family loves the boardwalk. We walk to 2 parks the kids love the water slide at the pool. Jellyrolls is definitely worth going to, if you're over 21. Flying Fish IMO is one of if not the best restaurant in WDW. The street performers at night always end up picking one of my kids to do something which is a memory we cherish. If your into sports ESPN club is the best and probably only place in WDW to catch your fav team. Never been to Atlantic dance hall or big river brewery. Sometimes we just sit out on the benches to watch epcots fireworks and you can also see MK fireworks as well. They also show movies on the beach at the nearby beach club which the kids love.

BrerGnat
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
OP, just to clarify, are you asking about the Boardwalk as an ATTRACTION to visit, or as a RESORT to stay at?

mainemajor
09-06-2010, 06:54 PM
We like to stroll around at night. It's beautiful and a lot is always going on.

JerseyDad
09-12-2010, 10:17 AM
...guess that the key phrase here must be "at night"...when referring to the Boardwalk. We took a walk over from Epcot...and it was DEAD during the day...HOT (no shade anywhere)...and nothing to do. I suppose that if you're at the Boardwalk resort...it's a plus for you...kinda' like a special extension to the grounds. But...other than that....nothing much "to do" other than restaurants, shops, and the ESPN club.