PDA

View Full Version : need some help

showmethemouse
09-05-2010, 10:49 AM
we are leaving in 24 day to Disney . I was wondering if anyone this use magical express? when we go we used a car severs. but we was thinking of using magical express this time.I have hear some good new and some bad news about it .dose each hotel have it's only bus and is there a long is the wait for it .how long dose it take for you to get your bags.we will be staying at pop century :mickey:

scootch713
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Buses are grouped by hotels, but to me it is still a convenient, FREE :number1: service. We have never had an issues from the airport to the hotel, I did have one problem in 2005 where the bus was late picking us up and we ran super short on time at the airport catching our flight. Since you are going at a quieter time, I would be less worried about difficulties. We have always had our bags quickly. Not sure how many hours as we usually head to a park or the pool or somewhere on arrival and the bags are waiting for us when we return to our rooms. I just keep one bag of essentials with us.

AgentP
09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
We used ME and it worked out very nicely for us last year. We stayed at POR. We did have to wait about 20 minutes once we were on the bus, but that wasn't too bad. We had our luggage within two hours of arriving at the resort. We had packed our swimsuits in our carry on bags so we went to the pool while we waited for our bags. We had an early flight on our departure day (6AM) and our bus back left at 345AM. This was really early for us, so next time we go to Disney, we will use ME and plan for a later departure flight.

Alaska Disney Fan
09-05-2010, 11:18 AM
We have always used Magical Express, and have never had a problem. I think the most we have ever had to wait was about a half hour. Also not sure about the luggage as we check in and then usually head to DTD for a meal or go to a park. We do keep a backpack with us with a swimsuit and the essentails incase we decide to swim. The bus ride to the park is comfortable, and the video they run always build the excitement. Once I get on my plane I don't have to worry about anything. Personnaly I wouldn't do it any other way. No extra cost, no dealing with luggage, it really is a relaxing way to start the magic. :thumbsup:

brownie
09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
If we were flying, I'd use it.

Pocahontas
09-06-2010, 11:58 AM
We've used DME many times now and haven't had any real problems. If your flight on day of arrivial gets in after (IMO) 4:00 pm., I would pick my bags up myself and then take the DME bus. It can take 4-8 (I think they say 4-6) hours for your bags to arrive in your room and they could arrive when you're already in bed. Ours were once delivered at 11:45 pm after getting in on a 4:00 pm flight and after a couple calls asking about them and worrying if they made our connecting flight.

The bus ride was nice and comfortable, never had to wait more than 20 minutes and most of that time was sitting on the air conditioned bus.

I would and am using DME again. I will pack a small carry on for swimsuits and change of clothes just so I'll have what I need for that day.

Have a great vacation!

kemps@wdw
09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
We've used it the last 2 times we flew down and had no issues w/it. Will be usuing it again this year. :thumbsup: