PDA

View Full Version : Latest info on dining in Mexico

WDWdriver
09-05-2010, 09:26 AM
The following is from the Cast Member information web site:

"Offering delicious Mexican specialties, Mexico at Epcot will soon be home to two new restaurants by the shore of World Showcase Lagoon. An all-new full-service restaurant, La Hacienda de San Angel, will open daily at 4 p.m. beginning Sept. 16. The menu will feature starters like queso fundido (warm cheese with poblano pepper and chorizo); a taco trio with rib eye, roasted chicken and pork; and traditional black bean soup. Entrées include a mixed grill for two with flank steak, chicken, chorizo and vegetables (a seafood version features grouper, shrimp and scallops); roasted shrimp in pepper garlic broth; flank steak with spring onions, refried beans and cactus leaves; and grilled red snapper with roasted corn and cactus leaves. And for dessert, try chocolate churros, sweet tamales and fruit empanadas. Reservations will become available later in September for October 15 arrivals and later.
Next door, La Cantina de San Angel, the quick-service restaurant, will also open on Sept. 16 and will operate from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The new La Cantina menu will offer chicken and beef tacos on fresh handmade corn tortillas, nachos, a cheese empanada, guacamole and chips and churros."

ElenitaB
09-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Ron! :thumbsup:

If only the soft opening had been last month instead of this month... :(

2MuchWDFun
09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
YAY! Thanks for the update. Can't wait for the reservations to open up--hopefully that'll happen around the middle of September. We would love to have dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel during our December trip.

DisneyorBust
09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Appreciate the update! La Cantina is a 'must do' lunch for us, looking forward to giving this new version a try!

Melanie
09-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Plan on trying it out soon after opening. Thanks for the info!

beksy
09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm looking forward to giving this a try. We go at the beginning of October so no ADRs. I'm a little worried since I've come to depend on ADRs.

Fastpasssteve
09-07-2010, 01:03 AM
At one point they had offered ribeye tacos at the San Angel Inn. They were delicious, but disappeared off the menu at some point. This new menu for the new restaurant sounds exciting. Yum!

mouseketeer mom
09-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok..stupid question..I haven't been following this too closely. Is San Angel still open as a table service too? Are there now going to be two sit down places in Mexico and one counter service?

Melanie
09-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Are there now going to be two sit down places in Mexico and one counter service?

Yes. San Angel Inn (inside the pavilion) remains unchanged, and outside will be La Hacienda de San Angel for table service at dinner only, and La Cantina de San Angel, which is counter service for both lunch and dinner.

mouseketeer mom
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes. San Angel Inn (inside the pavilion) remains unchanged, and outside will be La Hacienda de San Angel for table service at dinner only, and La Cantina de San Angel, which is counter service for both lunch and dinner.

So why two sit down places in Mexico for dinner? What is the main difference between the two?

CanadaLovesDisney
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Very excited!!! I hope that as soon as someone is able to get there and try it out that they will report back so we can all see how it is! Maybe the top on the outdoor seating will deter some of the birds from swooping down on my nachos... ;)

Goes4FastPass
09-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I think I need some nachos and a beer and a little shade while my son takes my grandson on the River of Time because the little guy likes to ride it again and again and again and again...