PDA

View Full Version : Good spots to whatch the night shows.

jazzy
09-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I have the worst luck when it comes to finding good spots to see wishes unless your camped out on the curb down mainstreet several hours before the show your kinda out of luck. Ive notice that some people have reserved seating at certain places but i had no idea about those.
where are the best places to sit or reserve seating to see the night shows for fantasmic, wishes or illuminations? any and all info including cost and how many months in advance to reserve are all helpful.

MagicalGuest
09-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Our favorite spot to see Illuminations is on the steps outside Canada. No reservations necessary, but get there about 40 minutes before the show starts to get a spot at the top of the stairs. Enjoy!

SBETigg
09-04-2010, 11:05 PM
There are some great spots. They take some planning and time to get into place and wait it out. I've learned that you can waste a lot of valuable time getting set up for that just-right viewing spot when really, you can just happen upon a pretty decent (maybe not perfect) view at the last minute.

For first timers or people still new to it, I would recommend taking time to get that perfect curb space or lagoon side bench or table. But for people who have seen it all a few times, I think you can do your own thing until almost that time and then just stop in the area and watch. That's what we do now and we fit in a lot more time for attractions and a lot less time waiting around for perfection. When we did wait, we loved the Beer Garden tables outside the Rose and Crown (for people getting R & C quick service or ale) for Illuminations. We would get there at 7:00 before most tables were taken and have a leisurely quick service meal and ales. For Wishes, we liked to claim a space of curb up toward the train station area of Main Street (again, hours before the parade/Wishes). No reservations necessary, just patience and being willing to claim a space and wait a while.

buzznwoodysmom
09-05-2010, 08:29 AM
The two places we've enjoyed watching Illuminations from was near the Mexico pavillion and on the bridge right after the France pavillion. Sometimes we've arrived early and got a great spot, other times, like this past Thanksgiving weekend we just walked right up to the bridge and it was fairly empty just minutes before it started. I thought surely this must not be a good place to watch since its so empty, but it was a very decent view.

At MK, we tend to stroll right on down Main Street just minutes before Wishes starts. The CMs try to keep the street clear until right before Wishes starts, but as soon as they allow guests to stand in the street you just flow in with everyone else and the view is perfectly centered around the castle. That is our favorite way to watch Wishes, with a centered view of the castle. I find that when we are just past Casey's Corner we've had the best view.

Once upon a time we were all about getting there early to get a great spot, but then we felt we were wasting so much time. If we want a front row seat for parades we still tend to get a spot early, but now that the kids are older we don't mind standing a few people back to see the parades. I like to think that those with younger kids or first time visitors have the good spots now that we've seen them all so many times.

jazzy
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Wow the responses are awesome. Im reading some great spots to whatch the fireworks are at different resorts. Arwe you allowed to view the fire works at the resorts even if your not a guest there?

BugeyedMuggy
09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes you can. You can go on the beaches or inside the resorts. I know the Poly inside & out has some great views. The FW has a good spot on the beach also for MK fireworks. I believe they also pipe in the music.

faline
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Wow the responses are awesome. Im reading some great spots to whatch the fireworks are at different resorts. Arwe you allowed to view the fire works at the resorts even if your not a guest there?

For the most part, yes. There are some occasions, like New Year's Eve when non-guests may be restricted from the beach at the Poly. There is also a viewing area on the Concourse floor of the Contemporary (for Magic Kingdom fireworks).