PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Fish and Chips - name change?

Pocahontas
09-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Does anyone remember what the name of Yorkshire Fish and Chips counter service stand was prior to this name? My husband was sure it had some 'mans' name attached to it.

Just curious.

IceRef
09-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Pocahontas:

I think he may be trying to remember the name as "Harry Ramsden's".

Testing my memory also, but pretty confident in that one as the original name.

Hope this helps a bit.

Pocahontas
09-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Oh my goodness, that sounds so familiar. What a great memory you have!:thumbsup: By chance, do you know when they changed the name?

Thank you for the help, no one here was able to remember.:)

IceRef
09-05-2010, 10:44 AM
What a challenge you have created now !

Best I can think it would be about 2005 or so. Harry Ramsden's is a pretty well known franchise in the UK, and has always been associated with both the quick serve location and the Rose and Crown.

I just can't put a specific timeframe closer than 2005 on when they might have shifted the primary name to the Yorkshire F&C Shop, or maybe it was to just let the Ramsden's reference fade away.

I hope there might be an Epcot veteran or even a cast member that spots this and can nail it better for you.

Pocahontas
09-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Wow, I'm really impressed with your Disney knowledge and memory!

Thanks again!:thumbsup:

disneymom2000
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I had checked my old Birnbaum's books to see the name. I am impressed that someone could rattle that off so quick.

#1donaldfan
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM
....that's my favorite place to eat at EC...and I only remember it as Yorkshire Fish Shoppe and we started going in '04, so if I can guess also, I'd say prior to our June '04 trip ???? :cool:

mainemajor
09-12-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't care what its named as long as I can get my fish 'n chips there o every trip.