PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a great steak,Shula's?

PetefromRI
09-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Right now we have ressies at Le Cellier for December but thinking about switching to Shula's or Yachtsman.Even though we enjoyed Canada before I didn't think that it was that great.It seems a little over rated to me.Will Shula's send me to the poorhouse?I'm prepared to drop 150.00 for dinner and neither of us drink alcohol except maybe a glass of wine for my wife.What do you guys think?

Madame Leona
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I ate at the Shula's in MI a few years ago and I have to say it was wonderful!!! I would absolutely eat there again. I've never eaten at Le Cellier so I can't compare though.

SBETigg
09-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Shula's is excellent. I had dinner with a friend there. You can get away cheaper, but my dinner alone (we split the bill) was $105 (and I don't remember if that was before or after tip, I think after- let's hope). Here's what I had:

Wedge salad

Glass of wine (one glass, a very nice pinot noir)

cowboy ribeye (huge, couldn't eat half)

creamed spinach side (my tablemate bought the twice baked potatoes side and we split both)

chocolate souffle dessert (split with friend, it was huge).

And that was the $105. Do try to find a recent menu to see if you can make it under $150 for two. You might have to cut back to make it happen, but without the wine and sides, or appetizers, or dessert, probably doable. I have eaten at Le Cellier and there is really no comparison. Shula's was worth the price and far superior. Yachtsman's Steakhouse might be a happy middle ground.

billandlaura
09-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I've done both, and you can't go wrong with either. Both have better steaks than Le Cellier. Yachtsman is probably more in your price range.

PetefromRI
09-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I do have the Tables in Wonderland card so basically the tip is covered(20% off).We usually split an appetizer and don't do dessert.