PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about my ressies?

disneymomma2010
09-04-2010, 12:01 PM
I have been very happy with my ressies except for indecisive about our last day at epcot. I have posted several questions about different restaurants and had gotten very helpful responses. :thanks: I am finally happy with my decision to eat at Akershus for our last night!
Here are my ressies:
1st night(when we arrive) dinner at wispering canyon :D
2nd day (mk) breakfast at Ohana :D
3rd day (HS) breakfast at hollywood and vine (still a little iffy on that if i knew of a better choice while we were at HS)
4th day (AK) dinner at Boma:D
5th day (epcot) Have ressies for:
lunch at coral reef (gonna cancel, family doesnt want lunch, they want dinner)
dinner for captain's grill (to be canceled)
dinner for boatwrights (to be canceled)
dinner at Akershus (final decision):thumbsup:

I think my family will enjoy the atmosphere of Akershus the best. The only thing is the only ressie was for 8:10 and im concerned we may miss the fireworks. Could we see them through the windows or do you think they might take us in a few min early?

So what do you think about my decisions?

tinksmom02
09-05-2010, 11:11 AM
I think your ADRs sound great! I've only eaten at a few; we liked breakfast at 'Ohana but that was years ago--we're trying it again in December. We weren't crazy about Boma (even though we're pretty adventurous eaters)--just wasn't for us. We seem to be in the minority, though, and the only way you're going to know for sure if you like it is to try it yourself!

We did lunch at H&V a few years back, when JoJo and Little Einsteins were still there. It was OK, not the greatest buffet ever, but my daughter loved the interaction w/ the characters. DHS is a tough place to eat, though...especially breakfast. How old are your kids? I don't even know what characters are there now--do your kids like them?

I think you'll enjoy Akershus; sounds like you made the right choice! If you're worried about the late time, there's no harm in stopping at the podium earlier in the evening and ask if they can bump your ADR up to an earlier time. Doesn't hurt to ask!

If you're that iffy on H&V, maybe see if you can have a CS breakfast and leave DHS for lunch or dinner. You're not too far from the Boardwalk or Epcot (if you have Park Hoppers)...

So did that help at all? :blush: I think you'll have a great time!

JenniferS.
09-05-2010, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=disneymomma2010;2095959]I have been very happy with my ressies except for indecisive about our last day at epcot. I have posted several questions about different restaurants and had gotten very helpful responses. :thanks: I am finally happy with my decision to eat at Akershus for our last night!
Here are my ressies:
1st night(when we arrive) dinner at wispering canyon :D
2nd day (mk) breakfast at Ohana :D
3rd day (HS) breakfast at hollywood and vine (still a little iffy on that if i knew of a better choice while we were at HS)
4th day (AK) dinner at Boma:D
5th day (epcot) Have ressies for:
lunch at coral reef (gonna cancel, family doesnt want lunch, they want dinner)
dinner for captain's grill (to be canceled)
dinner for boatwrights (to be canceled)
dinner at Akershus (final decision):thumbsup:
QUOTE]

Whispering Canyon is a great choice. They have good food, good fun and good bottomless milkshakes in various flavors!!! Love it there.

O'Hanna is another great choice. We have been there once and would do it again.

Hollywood and Vine is just ok, but there aren't too many choices in HS. It is better at breakfast than dinner.

Boma we have never been to.

Akershus was ok for breakfast, but we didn't like the menu choices for dinner. We are very picky eaters.

Enjoy your meals and trip.

disneymomma2010
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=tinksmom02;2096159]

We did lunch at H&V a few years back, when JoJo and Little Einsteins were still there. It was OK, not the greatest buffet ever, but my daughter loved the interaction w/ the characters. DHS is a tough place to eat, though...especially breakfast. How old are your kids? I don't even know what characters are there now--do your kids like them?[QUOTE=tinksmom02;2096159]

My kids are gonna be turning 7 and we are going with my sis and bro in law who has 12yr old and 3yr old. Yeah we ate there last year for dinner, which was her suggestion, and i really didnt like it. She ate there the year before (we didnt go that year) for breakfast and she said the breakfast is better. That's why i am iffy about it. I made the ressie cause thats where she wanted to eat, plus we want to stay for the fantasmic that night so we wasnt wanting to leave. but maybe a breakfast somewhere else at a resort on the way might be a good idea (no park hoppers). If i could convince her to try something else. Any suggestions?

tinksmom02
09-05-2010, 04:41 PM
If you're looking for a breakfast elsewhere, 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is my favorite breakfast buffet on property. We always have a great character interaction, too (typically Mary Poppins--although once Snow White subbed in--Alice, the mad hatter, pooh and tigger).

BUT! I've never done H&V for breakfast, it might be fantastic LOL If that's where your sister wants to eat, maybe you should leave it ;) I'm sure it'll be fine!

disneymomma2010
09-07-2010, 07:14 PM
one other thing... how many minutes early do you have to be there before your ressies? i cant remember

faline
09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
one other thing... how many minutes early do you have to be there before your ressies? i cant remember

They request that you check in 15-20 minutes before your reservation.