PDA

View Full Version : NetFlixs

Robert's Dad
09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Is NetFlicks a good deal?

Melanie
09-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I've used Netflix for a few years now. I like it because it has hard to find movies which I enjoy. Right now I'm only doing the $4.95, 2 DVDs/month deal, but have done the unlimited as well. I think it's a great deal! I must live really close to a distribution center too, because I can send back a DVD, they get it the next day, and my next DVD is here then the following day.:thumbsup:

McLiberal8
09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Absolutely!
Aside for the regular speedy service you get with the disks in the mail, they have tons of movies available free online, now. You can even watch movies for free on your PS3, XBox, or Wii!

PirateLover
09-03-2010, 10:47 PM
LOVE NETFLIX! So convenient. They've added so much streaming content and more is constantly on the way. We watch the streaming material all the time through our XBOX360 and laptop. The selection is much better than Blockbuster's version (Although in fairness, we tried that 2 years ago). The only pain is new movies. They are really in demand and it can take a while to get the DVD; however as the years go on I find the wait to be less and less. We've used it off and on for 4 years now at least.

Renfairwedding
09-04-2010, 12:03 AM
I love it. I have a DVD/Blue Ray player that connects to my wireless network and stream the movies right to my TV.

:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
09-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Hmmmm.... This isn't the story I've been hearing from friends. I'm looking to augment a HTPC with more current content and was thinking of Hulu and Netflix, however friends of mine have recently cancelled due to declining quality. frequency of wish list items arriving in a timely manner have dropped significantly. I find it interesting how closely the decline coincides with their competition throwing in the towel.

I've decided to pass on Netflix...

Kenny1113
09-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Glad to see this post. I was thinking about getting netflix now that it can stream through apple tv.

Tekneek
09-04-2010, 09:21 AM
We love Netflix and have no complaints about the service. Whenever we have had problems or concerns, getting in touch with Netflix has resulted in immediate satisfaction. The titles in the streaming library have grown tremendously this year, which really adds additional value. We aren't the type of people that need new titles immediately after they hit the streets, which is what I think most of the complaints have been about. I almost always have 350 - 500 titles in my queue to work with so I don't need the newest titles in their first week.

TheVBs
09-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Several months ago we cancelled our cable service and basically replaced it with Netflix. After the "digital upgrade" our cable became essentially unwatchable and the conversations with "customer service" became increasingly mind-boggling.

We are so glad we switched, we love the service! We've got the $9.95 plan, which gives us one DVD at a time, unlimited - meaning we can get as many as we want in a month as quickly as we watch them. The turnaround time is exactly as described. We send it back one day, the next day I get the email they've received it and the email that they're shipping out the next DVD on our list, and we have that the following day. That's been the pattern without fail since we subscribed. We also opted to get a Roku box so that we can stream their online library to our TV and that's been wonderful. Both the DVD and online libraries are huge, not just movies but TV as well, including some History Channel shows which I was thrilled about. In just a couple of weeks we'll be able to watch the Princess and the Frog from their online library! :mickey:

We were paying nearly $60 a month for a cable service we hardly took advantage of. We rarely watched TV and when we did, it was hard to find something watchable. Now we only pay $10 a month and we can always find something we'd like to watch.

Tinker Fan
09-04-2010, 10:05 AM
We really like Netflix, always get our movies quickly and the servicde has been great, i don't have any complaints!!

magicofdisney
09-04-2010, 10:15 AM
This is the second time we've used the Netflix service and this run has lasted well over 5 yrs. I don't remember why we canceled the first time (it had nothing to do with CS), but the cancellation was very easy.

You lose nothing by at least trying the service. We also have a DVD player that streams movies, plus 3 unlimited a month, through the mail. My kids can watch streaming movies through the xbox 360.

Like others, our turn-over rate is just as quick. We mail the movie, they get it the next day and send out the next title in our queue. If the next title is unavailable, they give a reason and send #2.

Tink1
09-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Netflix works great for us. When the kids are away at school, they can access the online streaming on their Xbox and computers instead of joining local video stores to get movies.

We have had no issues with delivery or our wish list. I wish listed Doctor Zhivago a year ago knowing it was not available. It came a few weeks ago and I think I watched it 4 times before I sent it back.

Love the fact I can get older movies I cannot find elsewhere. This week it is the 1930 film All Quiet on the Western Front.

Good Movies

TheDuckRocks
09-04-2010, 12:58 PM
We love Netflix and have been using them about 7 years now. We're currently still getting DVDs mailed to us and using the streaming through our new BlueRay.

ElenitaB
09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
We've had NetFlix on and off for a few years now (switched out at one point for Blockbuster). Now I really like NetFlix because we can watch movies on our iPhones and the iPad with a WiFi connection. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
09-05-2010, 10:22 AM
We've had Netflix for at least four years now (the 3 at one time, unlimited plan) and absolutely love it. Super fast turn-around time and rarely have problems getting new releases quickly. And we use the streaming capabilities all the time, especially my son up at school. I like too that if you have a problem with a DVD they will send you a new one out immediately, without waiting for the old one to be returned.

1DisneyNut
09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
We are also very satisfied with Netflix. Their plan all along has been to be an online streaming provider but they have been doing the DVD's for years and still do because the technology wasn't quite where it needs to be to do all online streaming. They are always adding titles to the online content and do server upgrades to keep up with demand. Eventually, the plan is to have all titles available for online streaming it will just take time to get to that point.

magicofdisney
09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
We've had Netflix for at least four years now (the 3 at one time, unlimited plan) and absolutely love it. Super fast turn-around time and rarely have problems getting new releases quickly. And we use the streaming capabilities all the time, especially my son up at school. I like too that if you have a problem with a DVD they will send you a new one out immediately, without waiting for the old one to be returned.
This was something I hadn't considered, but the ability to "take it with you" is awesome. That's just another reason to love them. :)

brivers222
09-16-2010, 01:55 PM
absolutely love it!

I have been getting the $8.99 plan ($9.54 w taxes) for about 8 years now... I love the ability to watch unlimited movies (granted sometimes the selection of online movies is low) anytime anywhere there is wifi.

It really helped me get my Fiancee caught up on LOST before the season finalee. We watched the entire 6 seasons in about 4 months... caught up at the end to watch the last 3 episodes in real time.

Recently i upgraded to the 4 at a time so that we could get as many Disney movies in our hands that we could before our oct trip. Having 4 will make the 17 hour trip down to disney a little easier to handle hehe. but I plan to revert back to the 8.99 package as soon as we get to disney.

I love that you can use your Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 to watch the online movies on your TV. We have done this millions of times and the quality is excellent. Not to mention the home made popcorn and the couch are huge pluses over the theatre :)

DVC2004
09-16-2010, 09:46 PM
All the video rental stores by us closed- literally all. My only complaint with Netflix is you have to wait quite a while for new releases. Like several months. When you do the free trial you get it immediately but once you join that is not the case.

citizensnoopy
09-16-2010, 11:40 PM
I joined NetFlix just last week --- all because the Amazon.com Gold Box deal of the day a few weeks ago was the Roku box and I bought it on impulse. :D (To be fair, my mom has a Roku player, so I knew what I was purchasing.) I love it so far! I'm doing the $8.99 unlimited package. The turnaround time is really fast. I'm already on my third movie! The online library is pretty extensive, too, and they're constantly adding more movies to it. :thumbsup:

brivers222
09-17-2010, 10:26 AM
All the video rental stores by us closed- literally all. My only complaint with Netflix is you have to wait quite a while for new releases. Like several months. When you do the free trial you get it immediately but once you join that is not the case.

Thats a shame, I have never had a problem with getting new movies a few days after they release to the big box stores... and my movies always come in the mail 2 days after I mail one back. Maybe its just the area we are in that is different

DVC2004
09-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Thats a shame, I have never had a problem with getting new movies a few days after they release to the big box stores... and my movies always come in the mail 2 days after I mail one back. Maybe its just the area we are in that is different

That's interesting! Maybe in our area there is not enough supply for the demand. We list new movies in our queue while they are still at the movies and still we wait. We just got Percy Jackson and The Olympians and we had it on our list. It always says long wait- unless it's a movie that has been out for a while. However as far as movies arriving in the mail there is no probloem there. It's very quick.

brivers222
09-17-2010, 01:02 PM
That's interesting! Maybe in our area there is not enough supply for the demand. We list new movies in our queue while they are still at the movies and still we wait. We just got Percy Jackson and The Olympians and we had it on our list. It always says long wait- unless it's a movie that has been out for a while. However as far as movies arriving in the mail there is no probloem there. It's very quick.

U know the only problem i ever had with "long wait" movies was with blockbuster online. The main reason I switched to Netflix. Hopefully its an issue for you that gets sorted out...I know it forced me to leave blockbuster :(

DizneyRox
09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
I use XBMC hooked up to an old PC (output to my TV). Just found a Hulu plugin, and of course XBMC plays just about any other format I throw at it. It's been fantastic, actually getting ready to cancel about $100 worth of "programming" (DishTV).

Boxee is basically the same thing, they took XBMC and put their own front end on it. I prefer free over subscriptions any day of the week, twice on Sunday. No real wait for movies either. ;)