PDA

View Full Version : Who else Sept. 19-23? Crowd expectations?

spoiledraf
09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
We're headed down the 19th and had hopes of smaller crowds. However it's been a little difficult getting adr's. I notice more availability the week before. We picked this week so we could take my daughter who teaches on Atlanta and has that week off. Are a lot of schools in the south closed that week and am I going to be disappointed with bigger crowds than I expected???

faline
09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
This time of year typically features low to moderate crowds. I think you'll be fine!

Strmchsr
09-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Like Linda said, crowds won't be horrible, though the parks won't be empty either. The problem with ADRs is that this is during the "free" dining promotion, which means everyone at WDW is on the dining plan. While the ride lines aren't long, the restaurants are usually insane due to the promotion.

spoiledraf
09-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Like Linda said, crowds won't be horrible, though the parks won't be empty either. The problem with ADRs is that this is during the "free" dining promotion, which means everyone at WDW is on the dining plan. While the ride lines aren't long, the restaurants are usually insane due to the promotion.

I realize it's free dining and they will be busier, but there are many more options available the week before and it's free dining as well. Just wondered if there were a lot of other schools closed the 20th thru the 25th which will ead to bigger crowds. Even if it's just Georgia schools, thats a lot of fairly close Disney addicts with an opportunity to head to the world an good prices and smaller crowds.

Strmchsr
09-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Even if it's just Georgia schools, thats a lot of fairly close Disney addicts with an opportunity to head to the world an good prices and smaller crowds.

As far as I know it's just Georgia schools, as far as the close states. MS and AL don't have anything going that week, but GA schools being out would make a huge difference.

magicofdisney
09-04-2010, 10:23 AM
We're going the same week. I had no idea this was an off week for any school system. It's so close to the beginning of school, I thought we were safe. We live in FL and home-school and can go pretty much whenever we want. We booked using the Bounce-back program from last year. Maybe it is the influx of GA residents that's causing the upswing in dining ADR's (aside from Free Dining).

Mogie
09-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I was in WDW in sept 2008 the 19th to the 24th. The parks were empty on the weekdays. Ride waits were no more than 15 min!

TiggeRia
09-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll be there that week--arriving on the 15th and headed home on the 24th...I'm also hoping the crowds are fairly low! :mickey:

spoiledraf
09-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I was in WDW in sept 2008 the 19th to the 24th. The parks were empty on the weekdays. Ride waits were no more than 15 min!

It's a change this year. A week off every 6 or 7 weeks. Plus they start school in early August. Oh well. We're booked and I can't wait to take my grandson to see Mickey.

michellerose1579
09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
We will be arriving the 21st and leaving the 29th. I dont mind if the restaurants are a bit busy as we have ADRs and have had most of them since the 180 day mark. Im hoping its as tame in the parks as the previous posts have said.

LauraByTheSea
09-06-2010, 08:01 AM
We're going that week too!

We usually go that week every year, and the crowds are very good. It's nice to be able to walk right on most rides. Although the "big" ones you usually still can't, like Toy Story Mania, Test Track, etc, most of them it's 0 wait...

I was having problems making ADR's too, but since we are not on the DDP, I gave up! I only kept one that I WAS able to get, just because it's the only one I really wanted, the others I booked just because they we're available. And then cancelled them just as quick! LOL