PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club water view

BugeyedMuggy
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM
We are booked for the Yacht Club in a water view room. Disney's site lists the room capacity at 5 people. All the room layouts I can find show 2 beds with no day bed or sofa. Has anyone stayed in a water view and can tell me if 5 people can fit comfortably?:confused:

disneymom2000
09-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Here is a link to look at the rooms. You can get 2 queens with a daybed and sometimes they have a chair that pulls out into a single. I think it is pretty comfortable. We had a room like this at the Beach Club and we were plenty comfortable.

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/yachtclub/default.asp

BrerGnat
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
If you have 5 in your party, they will give you a room with bedding for 5 (i.e. you will get a daybed or sleeper chair). Don't worry. Not all rooms at the YC/BC can sleep 5, but you will get one that can with a party of 5.

BugeyedMuggy
09-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Thank you both very much.

TammiMcMan
09-04-2010, 10:48 PM
We stayed at the YC with 5 and unfortunately, due to a very late check-in, they didn't have a room available with a daybed. Instead, they sent up a rollaway for the night and we were able to move the next day.

One way or another, they'll take care of you.

Disney5+2
09-05-2010, 09:24 AM
We were at the Yacht Club last week. We had three rooms for our group and we were upgraded to a waterview room. None of the 3 rooms had a daybed and there wasn't really enough room to bring in a cot. The waterview was in the front of the building. It was a fabulous view! I'm not sure all waterviews are there. I believe a pool view counts as a waterview in some resorts. We loved the Yacht Club. I hope you have a wonderful time!

TammiMcMan
09-05-2010, 01:18 PM
None of the 3 rooms had a daybed and there wasn't really enough room to bring in a cot.It was definitely a tight, tight fit and we could barely get out on the balcony. That's why we asked for the room change as soon as something opened up.

BrerGnat
09-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I think it's pretty common that the waterview rooms at both BC and YC tend to NOT have daybeds. I know that on the Club Level, in both, you cannot book a Waterview room with 5 people, and Disney lists the room capacity at 4 for that room type.

TammiMcMan
09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I know that on the Club Level, in both, you cannot book a Waterview room with 5 people.They told me there were only 3 waterview rooms on the club level with daybeds, so yup, definitely very limited there. I wasn't aware the whole resort was that way though.

BugeyedMuggy
09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
We will get in for early check in so I hope that helps. We have 4 adults and one small child. They knew when we booked the room of the # of adults and child so it will be no surprise to the staff when looking up our ressies. We did try to get the Poly for 5 because I know those rooms do accomodate our # but were unavailable with our pin or the room only discount at our time. With 3 trips in 3 months we had to use the discounts or go to value.

BrerGnat
09-05-2010, 04:35 PM
We will get in for early check in so I hope that helps. We have 4 adults and one small child. They knew when we booked the room of the # of adults and child so it will be no surprise to the staff when looking up our ressies. We did try to get the Poly for 5 because I know those rooms do accomodate our # but were unavailable with our pin or the room only discount at our time. With 3 trips in 3 months we had to use the discounts or go to value.

How old/big is the "small child"? You might want to consider purchasing a Toddler Aerobed. We have one that we've used at other hotels (not Disney) and it's really great! It's much smaller than a twin airbed, and the whole thing, pump, bedding, and all, fits into a small 22" duffel or suitcase. You can carry it on. You can have it on hand if you need it, and if you don't, it's no big deal. We have a 4 year old who has used it a few times since he was about 2. It's actually a fair sized bed, and has a 150lb weight capacity. The good part is that it fits easily in a corner of the hotel room, under a table, or between the beds.

And, the reasoning for the water view rooms not having daybeds (for the most part) is that those rooms are smaller. The only ones that are large enough are the ones at the corners, or on the ends of the wings that jut out towards the lake. The architecture of that hotel is pretty bizarre, with all the different room sizes and shapes.

BugeyedMuggy
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM
The young one is 6years , a very small girl. The waterview is the one that was available with our pin code and it was known that we had 5 pepole. Anyway we do get there early and won't settle foe less than we paid for.