PDA

View Full Version : Changes coming to BLT Studios!

laprana
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Saw this on the DVC News web site this morning and thought it was interesting. It says it's from the newest Disney Files magazine:

"Member feedback has inspired a variety of enhancements coming soon to Deluxe Studio accommodations at the Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. (Don't be thrown off by the name "Deluxe Studio." It's simply a shift in nomenclature for Studio accommodations, as you'll read on page 16.)

"Members share some insightful perspectives, and we're excited to be able to turn that feedback into great enhancements," said Sonya Deese-Byrnes, General Manager of Disney Vacation Club Resorts. "We can't wait to hear Members' feedback when they experience the changes."

Plans call for crews to move one of the kitchenette sinks into the bathroom, add a lock to the bathroom door and a full-length mirror to the kitchenette, and tighten a small identified gap in the bathroom door. Other Bay Lake Tower enhancements scheduled for completion this fall include a new jogging path and fire pit.

Permits have already been filed for the villa modifications and work is expected to begin shortly. Disney Vacation Development will be covering the cost of the modifications.

I'm really glad to hear of the bathroom changes! I haven't stayed in a studio yet, but I've seen the models and I have to say that the weird bathroom sink setup was enough to make me NOT stay in a studio at BLT in the future. I'm also glad they're addressing the gap in the bathroom door and adding a lock, but I sure hope they do the same to the bathroom doors in the 1- and 2-bedrooms. They have the same problems!

faline
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM
We stayed in a studio about a month ago but I'm guessing our room was configured a bit differently as it was set up for handicap use. We had a very nice sink in the bathroom - right next to the tub and around the corner from a walk-in shower. There was only one sink in the kitchenette area - do most have two?

seanyred
09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I've seen the current set-up with the bathroom sink in the Kitchenette at the Doorway to Dreams store in Schaumburg. I have to agree that I hated that set up, so much so that I pretty much wrote BLT Studios off and would not stay there. This will for sure change my mind. Glad they are listening but I'm also guessing they have had a hard time filling the studios?

SorcererJim
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
We stayed in a studio about a month ago but I'm guessing our room was configured a bit differently as it was set up for handicap use. We had a very nice sink in the bathroom - right next to the tub and around the corner from a walk-in shower. There was only one sink in the kitchenette area - do most have two?

You indeed were in the HA room... we stayed in the same type of room as well... We did enjoy the double shower and LARGE bathroom... but was disapointed in the "kitchenette" area...

I too am surprised that they are actually going to be making all these changes to the rooms... I know that people have been complaining about the layout of the kitchenette... but really surprised that they are going to be making that drastic of a change to them... now all that means is that availability will be plummetting as they refurbish all those rooms.

laprana
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I too am surprised that they are actually going to be making all these changes to the rooms... I know that people have been complaining about the layout of the kitchenette... but really surprised that they are going to be making that drastic of a change to them... now all that means is that availability will be plummetting as they refurbish all those rooms.

I'm really surprised they're making the changes now since BLT has only been open for about a year. I figured they would wait until the resort needed it's first refurb to do anything drastic to the bathrooms, so I'm glad to see that it seems like DVC is listening to its members, at least on this issue! I was also really surprised to read that DVD is paying for the cost of the rennovations! I was sure dues would go up to pay for them, so that's great! :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
09-04-2010, 08:39 AM
These are positive steps to improve comfort in the Studios. When I stayed at BLT I used the jogging paths at Wilderness Lodge. It will be nice to have a path at BLT and I can picture nice areas where they can do this. Look forward to all of this! :thumbsup:

minniemoomoo
09-07-2010, 11:16 AM
This comes as wonderful news to our family. We were actually contacted by folks at DVC regarding my negative comments on the bathroom locks and gap. We had actually talked of selling our points, now we get to add them to our family planning. It's always nice to know that Disney does listen to our needs. Thanks again Disney!