PDA

View Full Version : crowd calendar + crowds for F&W

thesplashmountaineer
09-02-2010, 05:51 PM
1) Does anyone use the crowd calendar to select which park to go to? I'm a little bit confused...for example, on september 30th, MK is a 0.6 and all the other parks are higher than that but MK is the park to avoid for that day. Any info on how it works?

2) Is Epcot really crowded on weekends during the Food and Wine festival? I'll be there from sept 30th to october 7th... I think there is a half-marathon too on October 2nd so should avoid Epcot for that whole week-end?

SBETigg
09-02-2010, 06:03 PM
1) Just got back and have to say the crowd calendar was way off for us this time. I don't think I'll rely on it anymore. Similarly, the phone app for that site. The reporting was very unreliable, to the point where we started believing some posters were texting in fake times just to dissuade crowds from certain rides. It's a shame, but every system is prone to abuse, I guess. I'm done with that site. Just not worth it for me. They explain how it works at their own site, though, if you're interested in reading the explanations on how they come up with crowd estimations and wait times. It has worked for us in the past, but I think the ability to predict crowds has changed with many changing factors at WDW, like EMH, day of the week, school system schedules.

2) Epcot is really crowded on the weekends during F & W festival. You especially feel it in WS, but the crowds extend to FW too.

BigRedDad
09-03-2010, 07:53 AM
I would avoid Epcot like the plague if there is a marathon. I had a lovely 2 hour bus ride for the Princess Half Marathon. As for weekends, I hear WS is slam packed during F&W.