PDA

View Full Version : April 2011 - how bad is it?

CaliDreamin
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
My fiance and I will be honeymooning at WDW April 4-9 and I'm a bit spooked about it being high peak season. We're after Mardi Gras, 2 weeks before Easter, will the crowds really be that bad? We got to DLand often and are used to crowds but not SCARY high peak crowds (obviously we know when those times are and don't go. :D )

Anyone been during this time frame?

Thanks!
Wyndi

SBETigg
09-02-2010, 03:45 PM
We have found April to be a lovely time to go if you're two weeks before or after Easter. Moderate-low crowds, beautiful weather (80s, not much rain). But maybe that was just our experience. Best wishes to you!

BrerGnat
09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I think you'll be okay. SCARY high peak crowds for next April will be April 16-30 or so. Since Easter falls on the 24th next year, it's the week before and after Easter that are the worst.

You will have some company, but the weather will be beautiful! We were there this year March 26-April 2 and couldn't ask for better weather (and, it was the week before Easter, and crowded, but not as bad as I had heard it would be).

WDWFanatic
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Like the others said I really think you will be fine. Easter is late in April this year and New England school vacations are the last two weeks.

It is a great time to go. Hope you have an awesome honeymoon and wonderful marriage!

CaliDreamin
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Thank you sooo soo much!! This totally calms my fears! WOOHOOO!!!!!

Is it bad to be more excited about planning the honeymoon than the wedding? LOL!!

WDW here we come!

Thanks again for your help!

Zeike
12-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi we were also planning a trip for march-april, and after doing a bit searching 1st week of april seems like the least risk in terms of crowds.

{links removed}

As that list seems to me the best bet would be that 1st week of april where the least colleges will be on break. Hope we are right! Hope this info helps.

Ed