PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay for a family of 5 offsite with own car

alex61821
09-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Looking for good ideas for nov 20-27th. either a 2 bedroom suite or a larger sized room that has 3 separate beds or something to sleep on.
this place "Celebration Suites at Old Town" seemed to have real cheap rates for that week, but i dont know a thing about it.

Any ideas will help us.

iluvcarolina
09-02-2010, 02:17 PM
We always rent a condo at Windsor Hills or Windsor Palms. We have done this numerous times (from a two bedroom condo to a five bedroom house) and we have never, not once, had a bad experience. There are various websites that you can use to rent one of these properties <snip> The rates are great, and you just can't beat a fully stocked condo less than 5 miles from Disney.

doombuggygal
09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
We recently stayed off-site in a 2 bedroom unit at Lake Eve Resort. Our stay was awesome, the place is almost brand new and is spotless. They have 1,2 and 3 bedroom units. <snip> Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Lake Eve.

crltkcagle
09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
OUr family of 5 always stays off site for one night before our trip. We stay at the La Quinta on Jamacian Court. The room has two beds and a sofa bed. Its really cheap too. Its a nice place and clean. They serve breakfast in the mornings too.

DouieDan
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Allstar vacation rentals are good choice. We rented a 6 bedroom house with a pool and hot-tub for a fraction of what a deluxe disney resort would cost us. We stayed in the Fantasia Gardens development, which was less than 10 mins from most of the Disney parks. We had a large group, but I do recall smaller homes listed on their site. They did an outstanding job, and when we stay off-site again, we will book through them.

Disneyfirsttimer
09-03-2010, 10:38 AM
We always rent a condo at Windsor Hills or Windsor Palms. We have done this numerous times (from a two bedroom condo to a five bedroom house) and we have never, not once, had a bad experience. There are various websites that you can use to rent one of these properties <snip> The rates are great, and you just can't beat a fully stocked condo less than 5 miles from Disney.

Ditto this. We have never stayed because kids want to be onsite, but this is great option. During your time, you can get a 3 bedroom/2 bath condo for around $174/night. You could probably get away with a 2-bedroom unit which would be less expensinve. Complex offers lots of amenities as well.

You can reserve through Allstar Vacation Homes. They are a sponsor on the site.

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/

passholderryan
09-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Check out Mike Ditka's Runaway Beachclub Resort. Its located 2 exits east of Disney off Osceola Pkwy. If your familiar with the area, its about a 5 minute drive to Wide World of Sports/ POP Century area.

MuchLovedMama
09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
DH and I love Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista. 2 room suites and an INCREDIBLE made-to-order breakfast. Yum!!!

malz288
09-03-2010, 04:18 PM
when were in a big group, my family stays at the floridays resort. HUGE room with a kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a living/dining room.

Jessietoystory2
09-05-2010, 08:43 PM
We usually stay the Sheraton Vistana Villages in a two bedroom suite. We are also a family of 5. There is a huge master bedroom with a jacuzzi tub and seprate bathroom. The second bedroom has two full size beds. There is a full kitchen, dining area, living room (with a sleeper sofa), second bathroom and even a washer and dryer. The pool is amazing also! This year we did stay on site for the first time at the Poly and that was also wonderful. But we really liked having the room and our own car in the past. You usually can get a good deal on non-housekeeping rooms if you look around at other disney sites (sorry intercot). Good Luck.

ohiokel
09-05-2010, 09:59 PM
We stayed at Mike Ditka's Runaway Beach Club for a soccer tournament and it was great. We had a 3 bedroom plus loft that had a full kitchen and 2 baths.

Momto3littlemice
09-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Another vote for an allstar vacation home/condo. We stay at a home in Windsor Hills and it is a beautiful community and SO close! :mickey:

eandrsmom
09-17-2010, 09:55 PM
We stayed in a 2 Br/2 ba unit at Marriott Royal Palms last May. It was great! It was very close to the parks. We registered for free for the Marriott rewards program. Then we checked the website for "deals at this hotel", and found a reduced rate for Marriott reward members. It was only $168 a night. The full kitchen and washer/dryer were a great thing to have with 4 kids.

momof3boysinTN
09-20-2010, 08:02 AM
We haved loved staying at the Hilton Double Tree in the DTD Area. I have heard good things about the other resorts as well. Google Downtown Disney Area Hotels check out the website.:mickey:

septembergirl
03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Another vote for Sheraton Vistana Villages. We stayed in the St. Augustine section last May and really enjoyed it. The 2 bedroom was clean and roomy. The pools were fantastic. We ate 2 meals a day there and 1 in the parks. We even had a bbq one evening. We went to a sales pitch, had free breakfast, low pressure and got a rate we couldn't refuse. We would def stay there again if our budget didn't allow for staying on site. In fact, it was almost a toss up as to which we enjoyed better.

merlinmagic4
03-20-2011, 06:17 PM
While I would LOVE to stay onsite myself, we have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with full kitchen at Sheraton Vistana Resort (not the Villages). Most of it has been refurbished and it is gorgeous! There are 7 pools and the kids actually never want to leave. It is closer to Disney than the Villages: about 5 minutes to Downtown Disney.

iloveokw
03-24-2011, 04:53 PM
The Residence Inn at Sea World is great for families.

mickeyman42
03-25-2011, 04:22 PM
we've never stayed here, but bonnet creek resort is right next to carribean beach resort, and I mean right next to it. its a timeshare resort but the prices look pretty good and the location can't be beat for and "offsite" since its on property (just non-disney). we looked it up when we came back from our most recent trip to CBR, and it looked great.
we have rented a home at windsor hills and it was fantastic, a little too removed from the disney experience for us, thats why we didn't do it this year, but the house was fantastic. the price just cannot be beat, you get so much for less than the price of a disney hotel room.

JWB3
03-31-2011, 04:28 PM
I'd recommend Buena Vista Suites (8203 World Center Dr). Very clean, nice rooms and although only a small pool, price includes use of facilities at nearby (across parking lot) Caribe Royale. Also includes full b'fast and is about 5 minutes from DTD.

Also might try Diamond Resorts Lake Bryan Grand Beach also 5 min from DTD. They have 2 & 3 br condos with good deals through Expedia. Like a mini resort with pool, canoes & kayaks, but no restaurant or stores. Nice out-of-the-way place. See it on Google Earth.

mgmnut
04-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Allstar vacation rentals are good choice. We rented a 6 bedroom house with a pool and hot-tub for a fraction of what a deluxe disney resort would cost us. We stayed in the Fantasia Gardens development, which was less than 10 mins from most of the Disney parks. We had a large group, but I do recall smaller homes listed on their site. They did an outstanding job, and when we stay off-site again, we will book through them.

We had a great experience with Allstar as well. Great accomodations and the price was even better. We had a Group of 9 so we split the cost with my sister and her husband which made it that much more affordable. My first choice is always on-site accomodations, if I were to stay offsite again we will most likely use Allstar.

BrerSchultzy
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
We stayed at the Hampton Inn by Calypso Cay right off of FL-535 (Vineland Rd., I think). They have 2 queen bed suites with a sofa bed. It was a wonderful location (we got to MK within 10 minutes), the price was great, and we got the free continental breakfast every morning. It's only about 2 years old, and everything was very clean. And the pool and hot tub stayed open until 11 PM.

septembergirl
02-19-2013, 05:10 AM
we've never stayed here, but bonnet creek resort is right next to carribean beach resort, and I mean right next to it. its a timeshare resort but the prices look pretty good and the location can't be beat for and "offsite" since its on property (just non-disney). we looked it up when we came back from our most recent trip to CBR, and it looked great.
we have rented a home at windsor hills and it was fantastic, a little too removed from the disney experience for us, thats why we didn't do it this year, but the house was fantastic. the price just cannot be beat, you get so much for less than the price of a disney hotel room.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort. Great pools, including a couple of lazy rivers, Epcot views, pirate fort, lots of extras (had $2 ice cream sundaes one afternoon), activity center (my teens loved hanging out there) and Starbucks. The onlydownside I remember from our stay last May was their shuttle service is alittle iffy. But, we are returning for 6 nights this May.

momof3+twins
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
We stayed at a house last trip. It was about $800.We drove past the Old Town Suites every day. I would not feel comfortable staying there with my family. It looked run down. And I don't really like that part of town. We did love our house with a pool and game room.

Jen1984
02-28-2013, 07:28 AM
The Residence Inn at Sea World is great for families.

Glad to hear it- we're staying here in August!

We visited Sheraton Vistana a few years ago, and pool etc did look fantastic!