PDA

View Full Version : ME Questions

MuchLovedMama
09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
#1 The yellow tags are only need for the trip down correct? We are able to remove the Yellow ME tags while we're there because they don't have any effect once our bags reach the resort, correct?

#2 Since we fly SW we like to checkin 24 hours in advance at Guest Relations. Does this have any effect on checking in our bags the next morning? I know they call that the "Resort Airline Checkin" but technically we'll already be checked in with the airline. Can we still send our bags off? What do they do print out some new tags and put it on the bags and that tells them which flight to load the bags on?

#3. Unfortunately we have a really early flight. 8:15 a.m. We should expect to be picked up at 5:15ish? Ugh!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

PopPhan
09-02-2010, 11:05 AM
1) You MUST take the yellow tags off before checking your bags for the trip home, otherwise they will return to the resort!!! :D I honestly don't know if that would be the case. They would probably be removed when you check your bags at the RAC desk.

2) Yes, you would take your bags to the RAC desk and they will put the correct white tags on per your flight information. If you get your bags in early enough before your flight (as we did on our last trip) your bags may arrive at your destination before you do!

3) I believe that to be correct - somewhere between 5:00 and 5:30 would be your scheduled DME pickup time.

faline
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
#1 The yellow tags are only need for the trip down correct? We are able to remove the Yellow ME tags while we're there because they don't have any effect once our bags reach the resort, correct?

This is correct

#2 Since we fly SW we like to checkin 24 hours in advance at Guest Relations. Does this have any effect on checking in our bags the next morning? I know they call that the "Resort Airline Checkin" but technically we'll already be checked in with the airline. Can we still send our bags off? What do they do print out some new tags and put it on the bags and that tells them which flight to load the bags on??

Not really. On one trip, we did our check-in the night before and printed our boarding passes. They printed the tags for our bags and the resort airline checkin desk and also reprinted our boarding passes for us.

#3. Unfortunately we have a really early flight. 8:15 a.m. We should expect to be picked up at 5:15ish? Ugh!!!

It will be cutting it really close as to whether you'll be able to check your bags through the resort airline checkin desk. You need to check your bags with them at least three hours before your scheduled flight and the desk does not open up until 5:00 a.m.

Checkers
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
It will be cutting it really close as to whether you'll be able to check your bags through the resort airline checkin desk. You need to check your bags with them at least three hours before your scheduled flight and the desk does not open up until 5:00 a.m.

We had an 8:00 a.m. flight last Sept. and were there promptly when RAC opened at 5:00 a.m. and had no problem. I would double check just to be sure, but you should be ok.