PDA

View Full Version : Base Ticket Question

ponmommy
09-02-2010, 03:00 AM
We are planning to stay for 8 days with just base tickets. Are you able to use one of those days at the water park ?

If not what do we need to have?

Thank you so much!!

DizneyRox
09-02-2010, 05:28 AM
No, you'll need to get the watermark option, or just get a single day water park ticket, whichever is cheaper.

faline
09-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Base tickets will allow you entry into one park for each ticket you have. The parks that qualify are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom. Also, unless you have the park hopper option, you can only visit one park on one day. You can't, for instance, use one of the days on your ticket to visit Epcot in the morning and another day on your ticket to visit Animal Kingdom in the afternoon. You could return to Epcot in the afternoon after visiting in the morning but could not go to another park. With the park hopper option, you could visit all four parks in a single day and use only one day of your park passes.

To go to a waterpark and/or Disney Quest, you would need to add the waterparks and more option or, as Roz noted, but a ticket for the specific venue you wish to visit.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-02-2010, 09:19 AM
You have to pay $54 for the "Water Parks and More" (WP&M) option to be added to your base ticket. Doing so would give you the same number of "visits" to a water park as you have in "park days", meaning if you have an 8 day base ticket, you would get 8 water parks and/or Disney Quest visits in addition to your Theme Park "days". Your "park days" and your "WP&M" visits are basically two seperate tickets, even though they are stored on the same card.

I used to think that it was way cheaper to just pay for single-day admission if you only wanted to visit one water park, and while it is still cheaper, the cost difference appears to have shrank dramatically.

The cost of a single-day admission to a water park is $48.99, while the cost of the WP&M option, which would give you 8 water park admissions, is only $6.01 more, at $54 (all prices given are for adults).

LVT
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
We enjoy the water park options. I am not a beach person, so we go several times for a short times, rather than an all day endeavor.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-03-2010, 09:12 PM
We were surprised at how much we enjoyed the waterparks! I'm not a huge thrill-ride person, but love the water, and there was still PLENTY for me to do.

We just bought the one-day admission at the water park, but we had the time, and a longer trip, I think we'd go to both, so if you think you'll have the time, for a bit extra money you get a lot of waterpark time!

ponmommy
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Thank you all so much!! We will be adding the water park and more options to hopper tickets :)