PDA

View Full Version : One resort to another??

MouseHead
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Looking for info/input on going from one Disney resort to another...I have done resort hopping numerous times before :D but have always driven to the next resort :car:....On my upcoming trip I will be based at a specific resort & will be spending a night here & there at other resorts.....I will not be checking out of my *home base resort*...do not want to move my car so I want to use Disney transportation exclusively...:mickey: ...First question-can I take an overnight bag on the buses or monorail? :confused: Part two of my query--Using Disney transport-[no taxi or car]
1) what is the best/most efficient way to get to the GF from ASMo ?
2)best route from ASMo to BLT?

crazygoalie39
09-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Not sure about the bag question, but I don't see why it would be a problem.

1. Monorail to MK and bus to ASMo
2. Bus to MK and Monorail to BLT

If you're traveling late at night, after the parks are closed, you'll have to connect via bus through DTD instead of MK.

gerald72
09-02-2010, 02:01 AM
You can't take luggage on Disney transportation, but I'm not sure if you could slide by with an overnight bag. I guess if it is small and inconspicuous enough.

MouseHead
09-02-2010, 02:21 AM
move my luggage [overnight bag] from one resort to another if I wasn't checking out?:confused:.....just trying to figure out how I can make these transfers happen w/o using my car or spending $$$$ on a taxi :confused:

Ms. Mode
09-02-2010, 08:48 AM
What about a backpack? Everyone carries those! :thumbsup:

MouseHead
09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
That's a good idea :thumbsup:...never thought of a backpack.....come to think of it I 've seen many folks [esp.people with babies/children] toting backpacks on the buses headed to parks & even going through security checks with backpacks...most often they are pushing strollers..now I have a possible option :D...Thanks:)

darthmacho
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
A backpack makes sense, and sounds better than what I was going to say, a duffel bag. In any case, I understand why WDW doesn't want luggage on the transport busses, but I don't get why this is any worse than those darned strollers!
Good luck! Does this mean you'll actually be paying for two WDW hotels on a given night? Now that's die hard! :mickey:

Just curious, did WDW question what you were up to with this? I thought they might for some reason.

MouseHead
09-04-2010, 01:08 AM
A backpack makes sense, and sounds better than what I was going to say, a duffel bag. In any case, I understand why WDW doesn't want luggage on the transport busses, but I don't get why this is any worse than those darned strollers!
Good luck! Does this mean you'll actually be paying for two WDW hotels on a given night? Now that's die hard! :mickey:

Just curious, did WDW question what you were up to with this? I thought they might for some reason.

Yes we will be staying at 2 resorts at the same time :blush:..We are staying at ASMo for our *base resort* with 2 single overnights to GF & BLT ...my friend is celebrating her birthday & has always wanted to stay @ GF...I am doing this as a *gift* to her ;)...we are also doing an overnight @ BLT on the night we are attending MNSSHP :hmghost:...we won't have to fight the exiting crowd...we will just walk back to our resort :....no problemo with Disney....I did not book any packages or free dining....room only ressies :).....:party2::clappy:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-04-2010, 10:47 AM
WOW! I want you for my BFF!