PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Guide Online - Worth it?

iheartdisney
09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
In trying to plan our trip this fall I borrowed The Unofficial Guide to WDW from the library. But I don't have the 2010 copy. In order to have access to ALL of their info on the Unofficial Guide website I have to either have the 2010 copy OR pay $10.95.

Has anyone ever done this? Paid the $10.95 to have full access to their site for a year? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

beckylovestink
09-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I like the site. It has historic crowds and crowd calendar. There is also a website you can access via your phone that tells you wait times in the parks. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Not in my opinion. There's nothing on their site that I can't find for free on Intercot. The crowd calendar/wait times are mostly worthless more than a month or so out because they revise it constantly. What you look at in July for your January trip will be completely different by the time you get there.

mama2haven
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
i did get my 2010 from the library but they interloaned it from another library. check and see if another library had it. i do like the crowd calender.

Kairi_7378
09-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I love the Unofficial Guide. But if you've been as often as some of the other Intercot members, you may have a different idea of what a good plan for the parks is. I found their restaurant reviews to be very accurate.

BrerGnat
09-06-2010, 12:38 PM
If you have a smart phone that supports LINES, I'd recommend it but only pay the fee RIGHT BEFORE your trip.

Otherwise, the rest of the info is stuff you can find elsewhere.

And, if you have an iphone, there are TONS of wait time apps that are either free or much cheaper, and have the same info.

I have a Palm phone, and the only Disney wait time app available to me is LINES, so unless that changes before my next trip, I'll pay the $10.95 fee to have full access to that app during my next vacation.

I like the Unofficial Guide very much, and find it to be useful.