PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TS restaurants for dinner

ncrohrs
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Hello,

Wondering what some of the faves are. Our party will be 2 adults and 4 kids ages 2.5, 5, 7, and 9. :mickey:

Thanks!

darthmacho
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello,

Wondering what some of the faves are. Our party will be 2 adults and 4 kids ages 2.5, 5, 7, and 9. :mickey:

Thanks!

My favorite is Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge, but judging by the age of the kids, you all may enjoy our other favorites like Crystal Palace(breakfast is best), Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's, Princess Dining at Akershus, Boma, Garden Grill, or Ohana. We also just discovered Boatwright's at POR. :mickey:

SBETigg
09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
My favorites are mostly Signature dining. Bistro de Paris, California Grill, Narcoossee's. Probably not what you're looking for with kids along. Our new family favorites:

'Ohana
Kouzzina
Sanaa
Boma
Grand Floridian Cafe
Via Napoli
San Angel Inn

disneymom2000
09-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I saw in a previous post that you are staying at the Poly - correct? If so, you have the monorail which can take you to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary or the Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. I say these two places because of the characters, the abundance of food and you won't have a problem getting everyone seated at one table. I think I also on a previous post that when you were making ADR's at some restaurants they said you might have to have two tables and that really wasn't what you wanted. So these two places are a couple of my favs and might work for a family of 6.

sassy2000
09-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Our family loves Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Boma, 50's Prime Time Cafe, and Chef Mickey. The first 4 have great food and a fun atmosphere for the kids. Chef Mickeys is a great spot for character interaction. The food is good, not great, but my kids love eating here, seeing the Fab 5 and watching the monorail come thru.

Disney4us2
09-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Teppan Edo:thumbsup: Last time we were there, DD was 7 and loved it. So did the party we were traveling with. My friend's DD (8) is a picky eater and she loved it too.:mickey:

DouieDan
09-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Food wise: Artist Point, CA Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier

Atmosphere/Fun: Biergarden, Big River Brewhouse, MaMa Melrose, San Angel, Tepan Edo, Whispering Canyon

If I had to pick one out of all of them, I must say my favorite meal came from Artist Point.

bon apetit

ncrohrs
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Can someone tell me a little more on Tepan Edo? Is it a Japanese steakhouse where they cook in front of you? I am thinking of trying this one, we need one more dinner. My kids are very picky, but I think I might force them to be adventurous!

Can someone tell me about the kids choices here? Anyone else ever go with picky eaters?

Thanks!

disneymom2000
09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
It is a Japanese restaurant that has the cooking show around the grill. The children's menu isn't your normal kid's stuff but they have like a chicken breast, shrimp, udon noodles, steamed rice and some vegetables.

disneymomma2010
09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
We had 4 children last year on our trip and we loved the wispering canyon, lots of fun and good atmosphere and good food, same for the ohana(we ate there for breakfast, very good, and had characters), both places let the kids get up out of their seat and parade around the resaurant. We also like the Boma, not too much excitement for the kids though. And we ate at teppan edo last year and really liked it. The guy we had was very funny and they make "Volcanos" out of onions and the steam rises through it. My boys are very picky, i cant remember exactly what it was that they ate, but it came in a neat monorail shaped plate which they loved.