PDA

View Full Version : What would you do and why?

Wall-e
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I have been planning our first trip to Disneyworld for a couple of years. We are planning for October 12 - 27, 2011. I saw a post on here about Star Wars weekends :yoda: and casually mentioned it to DH, now he is interested in going in May after Memorial Day for about 9 days. We would be able to take advantage of free dining during this time. My main concern is the heat. We are from AZ, so we are used to heat, but we don't usually have much humidity. Considering the weather and crowds, when would you go? Thanks for any advice/opinions!

Daisy'sMom
09-01-2010, 04:18 PM
If your husband is a huge fan of Star Wars, then go then. The humidity starts to go up the end of May and gets a bit uncomfortable by the middle of June. Especially when you are not used to it. Heat is one thing, the humidity is the worse. A matter of fact, I just mentioned to DH today, it's been nice this week, not breaking out in a sweat when getting the mail across the street. We are having a dry spell right now and it's heaven. Oct is a great month. You have the Wine and Food Fest at Epcot, free dining is usually offered and the weather is usually nice. You also have MNSSHP, which is so much fun. Whatever you decide, you will have so much fun. Enjoy your first trip!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
15 days in Oct.?? That is my pick!!:mickey:

Wall-e
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Oops! Looks like wishful thinking...it should have been Oct. 22 for a 10 day trip.

BugeyedMuggy
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
We have been both times of the year. The weather is about the same for me (I like warm over cold being from the north) but it seems to be temp wise mid 80's to 90's. We like the F&G fest but love the W&FF much better. If you are Star Wars fans tho I would say go both times:D I hate to make these decisions.

Cinderelley
09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
I am from Phoenix, and I have been during both times of the year. Neither time is really bad weather. I would go based on what you would like better - Star Wars Weekends or MNSSHP/F&WF? I tend to go more often in the fall, but am thinking about a trip next year for Star Wars Weekends.

lovinmesomedisney
09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I have been to Star Wars Weekends and would probably never do it again. Although, I wasn't the fan, it was my 9 year old son at the time. Very crowded. I am definitely a fan of going to Disney in September/October, so that would be my choice just based on crowds alone. I love our trips with walk-ons and little wait times. I guess if you are a HUGE Star Wars fan, it is worth it, but to me, no biggie! :mickey:

Wall-e
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I think the little league baseball season made the decision for us! We were so excited about finding such good deals in May/June that we totally forgot that we would be gone during tournament time. I had already submitted a request to Magical Journey's too, and boy are they fast! I am kind of sad now, I had gotten so excited to be going earlier than originally planned. I will just have to get refocused on October and hope we are lucky enough to get a deal then too! At least now we can go to MNSSHP!