PDA

View Full Version : First time at Pop

spoonfulosugar
09-01-2010, 02:31 PM
It looks like we'll be staying at Pop for the first time next spring. I would love to learn about any helpful hints or fun tidbits of info that will assist me in my planning process. Any building suggestions, etc.? Thanks!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-01-2010, 02:39 PM
We are staying there for the 1st in April too.

IfYouHadWings503
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
We love the POP!! We'll be there in January for the 4th time :mickey3:

We prefer the 50's building because, at least for us, it seems a little more peaceful, but it's not too far away from the action. The pool is great and isn't as crowded as the pool in the 60's section.

Don't miss out on parmesan chicken and tye died cheesecake in the food court...delicious!!!:eat:

Enjoy your trip!!!

JerseyDad
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
....we're at POP right now!! 60's Building #4 - Room 4111....1st floor, poolside!! I love the place....8 times at WDW...7th time at POP!

....we prefer the 60's building because they are close to the pool, bar, Classic Hall....and buses. Being poolside is NOT noisy...and I'm typing this at 11:07pm (EDT)...and the pool is hopping with people...and I do not hear them. It's nice to be close to the "action".

crazygoalie39
09-01-2010, 11:42 PM
We stayed in the 60's building and loved it!:mickey: The only tip I can think of is to get to the food court very early for breakfast because it gets packed.

NJDad
09-02-2010, 04:40 AM
I'd disagree that being poolside isn't noisy. The rooms aren't that soundproof.

Renfairwedding
09-02-2010, 09:25 AM
We Stayed poolside and it was not bad at all.

The most noise was people draging their suitcases but that can be a problem anyplace at the resort.

Cinderelley
09-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I prefer the 50's section. It isn't too far of a walk, very peaceful, and you can see fireworks from the back side. :thumbsup:

spoonfulosugar
09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info! It sounds like everyone likes the 50's and 60's buildings the best. I'm guessing that means they are not standard, but preferred room locations?

Cinderelley
09-02-2010, 11:39 PM
50's is standard.

WRWDisney
09-03-2010, 02:03 PM
We stayed there last summer for a week and really enjoyed it. The recommendation I always give is to request a top floor room, lake side. It is much more quiet (no on "walking around on your head") and looking out to the lake is both peaceful and another way to get a quieter room.

As for decade, as long as it meets the first two requirements, it does not really matter to me.

A note on the food court, if you have the Tables in Wonderland discount card, know that the food court excepts it (unlike at the deluxes). Also, the pizza from the food court was suprisingly outstanding!

PopPhan
09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
We stayed there last summer for a week and really enjoyed it. The recommendation I always give is to request a top floor room, lake side. It is much more quiet (no on "walking around on your head") and looking out to the lake is both peaceful and another way to get a quieter room.

As for decade, as long as it meets the first two requirements, it does not really matter to me.

A note on the food court, if you have the Tables in Wonderland discount card, know that the food court excepts it (unlike at the deluxes). Also, the pizza from the food court was suprisingly outstanding!

Agree 100% with all this! :thumbsup:

spoonfulosugar
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Does staying in a top floor/lakeside room = LONG walk to the bus stops w/ 5, 3 and 1 yr.old? Or is it not a huge difference?

eeyorepoohfan
09-03-2010, 07:16 PM
We stayed in the 50s section Bldg 2, 2nd floor and had a partial view of the lake. It is a standard room location, not preferred. We were behind the Jukebox by the bowling pin pool. It was so nice and quiet for us! Our leisurely walk in the mornings and evening was less than 5 minutes from room to the food court/buses. My DH and I walked around the entire resort on our last day of our 6 day vacation. And even with those tired feet, we didn't feel that any area of the resort was far from the food court/buses.

I strongly recommend getting up early in the morning if you plan on eating breakfast in the food court. We always got there before 8AM and got through the lines/registers quickly and had no problem finding a table in the area we wanted to sit. Once 8AM hit, I could see the crowd level increasing. We went in early/mid December so crowds were relatively light. If you don't want a big breakfast, you can eat light and cheap here! Go into the food court area and through the registers. In the back center (I think) there are a lot of pastries, bagels, muffins, etc to choose from. I believe they all seamed to be less than $3. My DH and I ate for around $6 every day since we purchased the refillable mug on our first day (that's a huge money saver too if you are spending a lot of time at the resort)!

I also recommend taking some time to explore the grounds! There are plenty of really neat larger than life icons throughout the resort. I really liked the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head! We got to walk by Lady and the Tramp every morning and evening since they were on our walking path!

My DH and I really enjoyed this resort and the price can't be beat! We liked it so much that we are staying there again this year!

I'm sure there are more things, but that's all I can think of right now. Happy planning!

KEYONNAH
09-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Pop is my favorite value resort. We'll be there mar 31 to Apr 7

readytogo2
09-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Also, the pizza from the food court was suprisingly outstanding!

did they change pizzas last time we had pizza at pop it was barely edible

AllDisney
09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
We always request the top floor to avoid the noise factor. We don't have small children so don't know if it would be a hassle with little ones.

We've stayed at the 50's building and like how close it is to eating & catching the buses:thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
09-04-2010, 06:15 PM
I've stayed at POP once, and I enjoyed it. I stayed on the third floor of the 50s building overlooking the lake. It was a great location, quiet, nice view, and the walk was not at all long from the room to the buses/food court.

Make sure you try the tye-died cheesecake! I almost made a side trip on my recent vacation just to get a slice.

LVT
09-21-2010, 08:58 PM
The whole resort is relatively compact. With your
smaller children I would go for 60's or 70's and be closer to the rubber mat- fountain area for kids.
The first floor would make me feel better than the upper floors due to the exterior hallways with railings on one side. My boys could climb.