DD#1 (Courtney)

Resort of the 1st trip:
All Star Music
Jazz Section
Rock N Roll Section

Dates of the 1st trip:

August 5th through August 10th

Background:

Courtney, as some may know, is attending college at Florida Tech in Melbourne. This summer she remained there to take some extra classes. She finished with the summer classes on July 16th. She spent a few days meeting her boyfriends family and returned home around July 22nd. That did not leave us much time to spend with her, since she had to return to school on Aug 6th to help with orientation. On the other hand, Ashleigh was not going to be able to go on our family trip because of commitments of entering her senior year in HS. So I decided I would drive Courtney back to school, and take Ashleigh with me, so that she could get at least a few days at Disney. Ron was unable to get any more time off this month, so I asked my friend Rose if she would accompany us. She's always up for a road trip. At first, I was going to leave Emily, 7 and Hallie, 16 months home with their father and brother, but a few hours they would have to spend with my parents. After observing my parents recent behavior, so to speak. I decided it would be too much for them and I would not feel comfortable leaving both kids with them. Hallie would now be coming with us.

On August 5th, we began our journey, leaving at approximately 3:00 PM. We almost immediately hit traffic and were at a stand still for about a half hour. The rest of the trip went along pretty seamlessly. We arrived in Melbourne the next morning and Courtney went to check in. We then headed over to her sorority house, where she had lived all summer to retrieve her things. It took us two carloads to get everything. Mainly because we still had our luggage in the car.

When we were finished we were all starving, so we headed to one of Courtney's local favorites for a bite. Next up was Staples to purchase a new desk as the one she bought last year was a piece of junk. I had considered staying a little while to take her to Target or Wal-Mart to purchase some household items, but the baby was a bit cranky, we were all kind of tired, so I gave her some extra cash so that she and Jason (the boyfriend) could go after he arrived.

We were now on our way to All Star Music for the very first time. I have now stayed at all 3 All Stars and have decided that Music is definitely my favorite! Rose had already requested a scooter, so that was waiting for us when we arrived. We checked in and then went over to concierge to purchase a ticket for Rose, as she was a late addition to the trip.

It was about 5:30 or 6:00 PM when we arrived at our room in the Jazz section. It was in a great location. It faced a lovely fenced off courtyard with a fountain and the main path to the pools and food court. I would say it was equidistant to either pool. We were very satisfied. We were to be there from August 6th through the 8th.

It was great just to be able to stretch out and relax after being cooped up for so long. After a brief nap, we headed off to the piano pool, which was even more refreshing. After having our fill there, we returned to the room for showers. Rose and I then scooted down to the food court to pick up some snacks, milk for the baby and a quick breakfast for the morning. Along the way, we stopped at the pool bar for a quick drink. I had the Captain's Mai Tai, and she the Banana Cabana. After this was bed. We had a lot to accomplish in 2 shorts days at the parks.

yjgirl32
09-01-2010, 02:15 PM
So far so good.

faline
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Heather, I was wondering if you'd be headed to Disney around the start of the school year! We missed each other by just a few days! We left Disney on August 3rd!

Rather tiring start to your trip! Hope the fun begins now!

BluewaterBrad
09-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks Heather. Give us part 2!!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Moving college kids is very tiring.
But it seemed to go smoothly.

wildernesslady
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I thought you would be back soon. Can't wait to read more.

T-Belle
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I've always enjoyed your reports and I can't wait to "tag" along again!

vizsla
09-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
09-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice way to start off the school year!
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Heather,

Just love a trip report from you!

You are off to a good start! Glad you were even able enjoy a :marg: with Rose!!! Good for you!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
09-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Wow, Heather - did it seem strange with such a small crew this time around? Glad you've arrived safely & that you're enjoying ASMu. As always, looking forward to your reports! Looks like our trips overlapped a bit, as we were there until the 7th . . . :mickey:

DizNee143
09-25-2010, 09:30 PM
sounds like a nice start to trip number one!!
i always enjoy your reports..off to read more..

Joannelet
09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Yay off to a good start! :)

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 02:30 PM
thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a busy beginning