PDA

View Full Version : Poly ?

Kathy Jetson
09-01-2010, 01:29 AM
I read somewhere before about a torch lighting ceremony at the Poly. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is and do they still do it? We are going in Oct. and want to watch ewp and fireworks from the beach at Poly and want to know if this is something we can do too. We will be there on a Sat. night.
Thank you for any help!

Mary Poppins fan
09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
They offered it this past month when we were down there. It is a brief show with fire "juggling" and music outside the main lobby door, ending up with the lighting of the tiki torches. You should receive a sheet at check-in about all the special shows/events the Poly offers for the week. Check out the hula lessons - a favorite of my girls every trip!

Kathy Jetson
09-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Thank you:mickey:

TammiMcMan
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Kathy, wasn't sure if you were staying at the Poly or just planning on going over for a visit. In case you aren't staying there (and won't have an activity sheet to reference), the torch lighting is Tuesday-Saturday beginning at 6pm in the GCH. The EWP doesn't begin until 9pm, so you may want to plan dinner in the area to take up some time.

Kathy Jetson
09-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Kathy, wasn't sure if you were staying at the Poly or just planning on going over for a visit. In case you aren't staying there (and won't have an activity sheet to reference), the torch lighting is Tuesday-Saturday beginning at 6pm in the GCH. The EWP doesn't begin until 9pm, so you may want to plan dinner in the area to take up some time.

Thank you so much! We are not staying at the Poly just visiting for the evening. Now I can plan our night!:mickey: