PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What is the best queue at Walt Disney World?

MaxPower
08-31-2010, 03:16 PM
What is the best queue at Walt Disney World?

SBETigg
08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
The Great Movie Ride queue is probably my favorite. All the costumes and memorabilia, and then movie clips while you wait, plus they have captured that big old glam movie theater feel.

CAS
08-31-2010, 03:57 PM
My favorite by far is Splash Mountain. The reason is because no matter how far back in the line you are, you're always around theming (barring a 2 hour wait). And Splash Mountain at night, even in the rain, is a treat. Come to think of it, it's usually dark and rainy when we ride. Weird.

disneymom2000
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow that is a hard choice. I had to say Expedition Everest but I love the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror queue as well. I haven't done Toy Story so I am looking forward to it.

Disnamic Duo
08-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Great poll! For me, ToT barely beat out EE and PotC...barely.

Gator
08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I really love the Star Tours queue. It's a starport with several operation droids, and Admiral Ackbar up in the control room taking care of everything.

But what sells it for me is outside where the queue start. A scale AT-AT that you walk under, plus the Ewok forest of Endor. Then you exit the ride into Tatooine. It's a Star Wars lover's dream.

BluewaterBrad
08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Actually, EE probably is the best anywhere. I had to vote for PoC for pure classic reasons.:mickey:

thesplashmountaineer
08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
The best queue is Kali river rapids but it is not one of the choices... so my vote goes to Expedition Everest

darthmacho
08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
It was a tough choice! I voted for Everest because there seemed to be an endless amount of things to look at. Ironically, we got there early to avoid a long wait, and I was a little disappointed to have to breeze by all the amazing stuff.
Tower of Terror was a close second in my decision, and Test Track had to be considered. It seems like the newere rides have better queue areas, as if the imagineers had a recent revelation, or something...:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Expedition Everest! I love how the story evolves as you go through the que...and continues once on the ride.

I have to say that ToT is a close second!

Kali River would be third--each room/area is just beautiful. Definitely feels like you have been transported to India.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Love ToT...

What about RNR?

RAIDER
09-01-2010, 03:20 AM
I voted for the Great Movie Ride ..
At least the film clips keep you amused while your waiting :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
09-01-2010, 05:48 AM
All are exceptional, but I think the very best is EE! :mickey:

grumpyguy
09-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Please....the almighty TOT rules!!!

ANG
09-01-2010, 07:42 AM
I think Toy Story Mania

DisneyDoug2
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Mine is EE but closely followed by Splash Mountain which was left off your poll

spoonfulosugar
09-01-2010, 01:31 PM
This is tough to answer! One of the best things about waiting in lines at Disney is the fact that the queues are actually fun. Everest is amazing, but waiting for Pirates takes me back to being a kid and I just love that one. They're all great!

Jeff G
09-01-2010, 02:49 PM
My favorite is Star Tours, as a fan of the movies the details are amazing. My 2nd choice would be Tower of Terror.

TikiLounger
09-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I picked EE but ToT is an extremely close second.

JPL
09-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Very dificult choice but I went with Everest however I think ToT & Star Tours are tied with it. The details in all 3 of these are really amazing. I also really like the details in the Jungle Cruise Queue which would be my next choice.

lettripp
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Had to say the Test Track queue. Love all the others but never get sick of that soundtrack!

A Big Kid
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
My favorite by far is Splash Mountain. The reason is because no matter how far back in the line you are, you're always around theming (barring a 2 hour wait). And Splash Mountain at night, even in the rain, is a treat. Come to think of it, it's usually dark and rainy when we ride. Weird.

i would not know. The last 4 times I have been to WDW, its been closed for refurb!

eeyorepoohfan
09-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I love all of the attractions mentioned and each of their queue's is unique! But I voted for Expedition Everest because there are so many amazing things to see the entire time you are in line! Granted, we were there for early EMH and rode 4 times in a row with little wait. But I still enjoyed catching glimpses and slowing in front of the displays. :thumbsup:

WDWdriver
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
The best queue is Kali river rapids but it is not one of the choices... so my vote goes to Expedition Everest

Interesting choice. The queue at Kali contains more authentic relics than any other WDW attraction. At least it did before EE opened. I would now guess that EE holds that distinction, but it's a close call. I work at both attractions, but have never counted the number of artifacts in the queues.

crazygoalie39
09-01-2010, 11:16 PM
For me it's 50/50 between ToT and GMR, but I had to go with ToT.

JerseyDad
09-01-2010, 11:32 PM
....Tower of Terror definitely brings you "into the ride"...before you even get on it...the "derelict gardens"...are super to walk through.

...but on a hot day...you cannot beat Pirates of the Carribean. It's dark, dank, and COOL...just the way a subteranean dungeon should feel!!

DisneyorBust
09-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Talk about difficult! So many excellent queues... had to go with Tower of Terror, with Expedition Everest a close second. The scene laid about before you as you enter the Hotel lobby really sets the stage for the attraction.
I have agree with JersyeDad, PoTC is the best on a hot, humid Florida day!

DisneyDINK
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
EE is great, but I'll still got with HM for nostalgia sake; I love that one.

I was trying to think of ones people missed, but queues and preshows are two different animals. I guess that would be another thread. :mickey:

Evil Genius
09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
It's Expedition Everest for me.

That que tells a complete and very detailed story that feeds directly into the actual attraction. The attention to detail...the sheer amount of scenes and props...it's an attraction in and of itself.

laprana
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
For me, EE is definitely my favorite queue. The themeing is incredible and there's so much to look at in every section of the queue that it helps pass the time when there is a long wait! TOT is a very close second for me for the same reasons! :thumbsup:

azcavalier
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I think that you can put pretty much every ride in Fantasyland in this category. They're all equally bad.

thesplashmountaineer
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Just want to add that the queue for Nemo in Epcot is also pretty cool. a little bit too dark, but cool and very well done. Just wondering why it is so long, I have never waited for this ride...

crltkcagle
09-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I picked POC. Just walking in and smelling that POC smell gets me in the Disney mood! LOL Plus there is never really a wait there and you can see all the cool pirate stuff. And its always nice and cool in there!

pianobabe
09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
It is very close between Toy Story and Expedition, but I chose Toy Story. I think the amount of detail that is in the queue is amazing. It really reminds me of what our rooms looked like when my brother and I were little.

WDWgoofy
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
ToT when it first opened and the fog effects were operating was the BEST ever!

Now I voted for TSM as it is new and well done from the perspective of a toy:mickey:

Snickerdoodle
09-03-2010, 09:38 AM
So many great choices...I went with the POC :thumbsup:

mainemajor
09-03-2010, 05:42 PM
the queue for EE is worth the wait in line. I almost feel cheeted when I use fast pass on this ride.
Splash Mt, Tower of Terrow and Toy Story are great, too.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I voted for EE then I read a post that mentions HM and I have to agree HM is the best at both MK and DL what with the stretching room, flashing pictures and all :mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I see I'm one of the few who voted for the HM. I had to go with it for the nostalgia. It's just great - reading the tombstones, while waiting to go in, the cobwebs that you notice as soon as you go in, the stretching pictures, the narration (I know it almost word for word), the lights going out, the hanging skeleton, etc. It just doesn't get much better than that for me. When I was little I used to hide my face against my parent's legs because that room terrified me. Now I think it's great! :D