PDA

View Full Version : Excited/nervous interview!!

McLiberal8
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I have a phone interview tomorrow..

..with Disney!

I am going to WDW in a few weeks, and on a whim, decided to apply at the Disney Reservations Center. I work for Hyatt right now, so it seemed like a good fit - plus, who doesn't want to talk to people about WDW all day? I got an-email, and I have a phone interview tomorrow!

I feel kinda spontaneous, if I were to get the job, moving from Omaha to Orlando on whim. But I think it would be a great opportunity. My only real responsibility right now is my dog, and he can always come with.

How about you guys? Would you do it?!

SBETigg
08-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Sounds like an adventure! If I had no ties to keep me in one area, I would definitely go for it. Best wishes!

T-Belle
08-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Good Luck and oh yeah I'd do it!!!!!! If not you'll always wonder what if.....????????..

faline
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Good luck!

TinkRocks
08-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Good luck! With your experience, it should be a breeze!

From what I remember, the initial phone 'interview' is more of a quick overview of what is mentioned in the job overview, salary, preference of location (there's more than 1 DRC location), and to schedule an in-person interview.

I applied to be a DRC CM, but wasn't successful. I don't mind sharing my experience with interviewing with Disney - send me a PM if you wish (everyone's experience applying to Disney is different, and don't want the magic to be taken from others' experiences). I am nervous in interviews and tend to not sell my skills (so to speak), especially when I wanted to work at WDW for 15 years before having the courage to apply...

Pirate Granny
08-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh tinkrocks...I hope you try again...

I didn't realize they did phone first interviews...good...was thinking about bringing my dress suit down one of these trips and go to the cast member bldg...but I want office work...not "ride type work"...I would work guest relations...and maybe in the stores...but I'm a great organizer and I'm sure they could use my skills somewhere...I sorta want a job, not a career.

Good luck mcliberal8...I have ties and we would do it when the time is right...fast approaching

:pirate::cloud9:

DisneyLuver91
08-30-2010, 07:44 PM
I have a phone interview with Disney as well! Tomorrow!!! :number1:

Good luck on yours and I hope to meet you there someday! :thumbsup:

faline
08-30-2010, 07:47 PM
I have a phone interview with Disney as well! Tomorrow!!! :number1:

Good luck to you as well!

Plex
08-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Good luck guys!

What positions are you interviewing for?

McLiberal8
08-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Well, I work guest relations now, at Hyatt, which basically fixes all the post-stay guest issues that people have. I took reservations, previously, so I will ask them tomorrow if there is a job at the reservations line more like what I do now, but if not, I don't think I would have any issue taking DISNEY reservations!
What are you applying for Disneyluver91?

Zippy 1
08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
I think you should go for it!! If you have nothing tying you down now is the time. My husband and I moved to Colorado 2 weeks after deciding. We have never looked back.

Disney4us2
08-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Good luck to all who have interviews.

My experience with Disney was great. It is a little different on the west coast=Disneyland. I went to casting to apply in person. Did the usual stuff, fill out application on their computers. Saw a film of what is expected of a Disney CM. Took a personality type (multiple choice) test. Then on to a group interview. They wanted to see me again, but was lunch time. So off to DL for lunch:mickey:. Had another interview. She wanted me for WDTC (Walt Disney Travel Company). I would be working in a call center making magical vacations at Disneyland:cloud9:. An interview was set up with someone in the WDTC site. Had that interview the following week. Was told the usual "we will call you in a week or two". I was on my way home from that interview and my cell rang.... They wanted to hire me:cloud9:

I started a couple of weeks later after processing in and going through Traditions. It was great working for Disney albeit a short experience. Due to medical reasons, I could no longer continue. But I just LOVED every minute of it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Those who want to be a CM with Disney.... just go for it, no matter what age you are. I went for my dream and got it and I am no youngster:secret:

Good luck to all who seek.

Melanie
08-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Good luck for those interviewing!!! :thumbsup:

DisneyLuver91
08-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, I work guest relations now, at Hyatt, which basically fixes all the post-stay guest issues that people have. I took reservations, previously, so I will ask them tomorrow if there is a job at the reservations line more like what I do now, but if not, I don't think I would have any issue taking DISNEY reservations!
What are you applying for Disneyluver91?

I'm interviewing for the College Program and my top 3 positions are attractions, vacation planner, and hospitality, in no particular order. =D

Good luck to you!!!

grumpyguy
08-31-2010, 12:30 PM
At this stage...I would do it IN A HEARTBEAT!!!
Best of luck to you:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kathy Jetson
08-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Good luck everyone:mickey:

McLiberal8
09-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Had the interview - passed it, invited to come to a face to face meeting!
But.. pay is only 8.70 an hour. I just don't know if I could move to a new state and live on that.
Plus, they have no idea when they will call me for an interview. The lady said they could call me in 2 months and need me there in 2 days. So who knows if it's a possibility.

DisneyLuver91
09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Even if you don't decide to go, congrats on the face to face! It is probably really hard to get a personal interview with Disney.

brownie
09-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Glad the interview went well. $8.70 an hour would be hard to live on.

TinkRocks
09-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I think with the $8 or $9/hour wages, it is meant as a second income. I know I couldn't live on those wages, but there are options.

You could live with family / friends / roommates where you could split the cost of renting a place to live.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Congrats on getting that far. Sorry the wage per hour isn't better. Maybe they have another position that pays more that you are qualified for? It doesn't hurt to ask.

DizneyRox
09-05-2010, 08:35 AM
The old saying, pay peanuts, hire monkeys is true... The quality of CMs is going way down and there's a reason... Pay! If they would increase their wages a whole new pool of candidates would open up.

McLiberal8
09-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Yea, they called today, and the face to face interview is during my trip. I just feel a bit bittersweet because of the pay. The woman told me over the phone that pay isn't usually a big issue because people from out of state don't ever apply for the DRC.
I will probably go, just to go, and maybe I can talk about the pay then. Think they are big on negotiation? haha

LudwigVonDrake
09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
The old saying, pay peanuts, hire monkeys is true... The quality of CMs is going way down and there's a reason... Pay! If they would increase their wages a whole new pool of candidates would open up.

I totally agree :wave:

kemps@wdw
09-12-2010, 12:06 AM
I can see me doin it! :thumbsup:

TinkRocks
09-13-2010, 01:33 PM

I agree!

There are some fantastic CMs at WDW - CMs that are knowledgeable about the attraction /park they are at and seem genuinely happy to interact with guests - they 'get it' (Walt's vision). I have gone to Guest Relations to put in a good word for those CMs' records. I definitely think it's worth those few minutes, and would hope that someone would do that for me if I worked at WDW.

Over the years, I have noticed that, in general, that the quality of CMs is declining. More often than not, I encounter CMs that are at the parks because it's a job and they just want 'Disney' on their resume, but are lacking the quality of service that Walt envisioned. There are numerous times I have asked questions and CMs either have no clue, no interest in finding the answer, or just don't care and are waiting for the end of their shift. It really saddens me... CMs really can make or break your day - either positively or negatively.

DisneyLuver91
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Got accepted to Merchandise today!!!! :D :cloud9:

faline
09-13-2010, 07:12 PM

Congrats!

TinkRocks
09-18-2010, 07:34 PM

Congrats DisneyLuver91!!