PDA

View Full Version : *Best Bars and Lounges in The World

DisneyaHolic
08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
What are the best places all over Disney World to grab a drink?

SBETigg
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Some of my favorites:

Tambu Lounge, Polynesian
Mizner's Lounge, Grand Floridian
California Grill, Contemporary
The Wave, Contemporary
Rose & Crown Pub, UK-World Showcase
Cava del Tequila, Mexico-World Showcase

faline
08-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Sherri named some of my favorites. I also like

Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge
Outer Rim at Contemporary
Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge

BluewaterBrad
08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
AS Movies pool bar (Les and Leanna are great!) Fulton's Lounge (when it is not jam packed!), Outer Rim at CR, Jellyrolls (for the show),and Scat Cats at the FQ.:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
All of the above PLUS

Tune in Lounge - Studios
Yak & Yeti - AK
Sanaa - AKLV
Belle View Lounge & ESPN Club - Boardwalk

DisneyaHolic
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Any other thoughts on great lounges/bars in The World?

AllyMouse
09-02-2010, 04:52 PM
BlueZoo at Dolphin is awesome. Last year we were at the bar and discussing all of the fun flavored vodkas they had. The bartender overheard us and gave us a little tasting of a few... bacon vodka!!!

Also, Il Mulino at The Swan has a nice bar too.

AvaNellMouse
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Rose & Crown Pub, UK-World Showcase
Try a Snake-Bite:thumbsup:

artyboy
09-05-2010, 05:34 PM
The bar at Citrico's is beautiful, and it's never crowded...

faline
09-05-2010, 06:53 PM

It's funny but we just noticed this area on our last visit! We ate at Citrico's and walked by it on our way out. It was totally empty!

DisneyaHolic
09-06-2010, 04:46 PM

Is it OK to just have a drink at Citricos, or is the bar just for dinner guests? Also, is there an actual bar, with bar seating? Since it is just my husband and I, we often like to sit at the bar and talk to the bartenders and other guests...

artyboy
09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Absolutely, it's OK. We often do this on nights when we want to watch Wishes from the pier next to Narcoosee's...never crowded, great ambiance!

I'll be there in 3 days!

Pigtunia
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
All of the above PLUS

Tune in Lounge - Studios
Yak & Yeti - AK
Sanaa - AKLV
Belle View Lounge & ESPN Club - Boardwalk

We love "Tune in"!

SallyP
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Crew's Cup Lounge next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Booths, Leather sofas, TVs and a Bar seating area.

DisneyDINK
09-08-2010, 11:47 AM
My Favorites:

Narcoosse's, California Grill, ESPN Club, Rose & Crown, Sommerfest and the booths during F&W.

:beer:

LVT
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow. Good question.
Now, since so many are available, which one to not go to?

Pigtunia
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Might I also suggest the River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside.

"Playing at the River Roost Lounge on Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 8:30pm until midnight is the famed “Ye Haa” Bob Jackson. Bob performs a very popular piano sing-along comedy show with lots of audience participation — let him know if you’re on your honeymoon or request your wedding song! Bob has been performing at the River Roost Lounge since May 1997 and you can check out his website information or leave him a message on Facebook. The shows are always lively and fun"

He is pretty awesome.

We also caught the Bills-Browns MNF game a couple years ago there with quite a few western NYers. Good times.

phlo8810
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
My favorites are many:
Tambu Lounge poly
Jellyrolls BW
Rose & Crown epcot
Tune in lounge DS
the bar at AKL
Cal grill
and
theres a bar in the grand floridian dont know the name of it but I don't think it was connected to any of the restaurants.

faline
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
theres a bar in the grand floridian dont know the name of it but I don't think it was connected to any of the restaurants.

There are a couple but you're probably thinking of Mizner's.

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd like to check one or two out when we're there. It's going to be hard to choose, I think. We've never really gone to any of the bars/lounges at Walt Disney World.

dyin tago
10-13-2010, 08:53 AM
we also really like the dawa bar at animal kingdom and sometimes you can watch the live acrobatic performers beside the bar.

Is the tune in lounge the one inside 50`s primetime cafe` ?:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2010, 02:13 PM
don't know if its' still there but, during our honeymoon, we seemed to always find ourselves at the Japan pavillion, the bar overlooking the lagoon watching Tapestry of Dreams on Illuminations. :cloud9:

Melanie
10-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Is the tune in lounge the one inside 50`s primetime cafe` ?:mickey:

Yes, between Hollywood & Vine and '50s Prime Time.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-13-2010, 04:40 PM
The Adventurers Club - may it rest in piece:sadwave:

Kongaloosh:beer:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-13-2010, 04:42 PM
This is an interesting question. I have been round and round EPCOT trying to find the best bar in EPCOT and the answer is: Rose & Crown

They wouldn't happen to have Old Speckled Hen on tap would they? Had that a few years back for the first time when visiting York England and it was on of the best British Ales that I've had.:beer:

Laughin' place
10-14-2010, 01:45 PM
another vote for Tambu and the Lapu Lapu:tikki:
a quiet, out of the way spot with good drinks and great memorabilia (if you are a Crockett or western fan) is Crockett's at Ft Wilderness:cap:

phlo8810
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I alwYs order the sampler at R&C. It's a small glass of guiness, harp, Stella Artois And one more I can't remember what it is. Also love to take a pint or two with me across the street to watch the British invasion.

LebelJD
10-20-2010, 10:35 PM
1) Tune-In Lounge at DS - Dave M. from WI isour favorite server
2) Dawa Bar at AK - Sharon is great
3) Rose & Crown at Epcot - fun when the Hat Lady is playing the piano

Patricia
10-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Raglan Road patio, Downtown Disney.

ToraTory
10-27-2010, 12:52 PM
I love, love, love the pool bars! My two favs are the Wilderness Lodge and the Caribbean beach pool bars. Very fun!! :beer:

LebelJD
10-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious if Disney still has the Yuengling draft beer? We were there in April and May and enjoyed it, but I remember the bartender saying they renew their contracts in September, and that pretty much dictates which beers are available at all the parks. Going back over Turkey Day and would like to know what to expect.

We noticed one exception in that Mizner's in the GF has a much wider variety of beer than just about any other bar we visited in the past few years.

Scar
11-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious if Disney still has the Yuengling draft beer?I can vouch that Yuengling is indeed still served at many locations.