PDA

View Full Version : Fulton's Crabhouse with Kids

ncrohrs
08-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Just wondering if doing Fulton's crabhouse with four kids ages 2.5, 5, 7, and 9 would be a good thing or completely insane. DH and I went way back in '99 and can't remember how kid friendly it is.

Thanks!
Nicole

#1donaldfan
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
I see no problem with it at all !! Kids are certainly allowed ... I've seen many kids in there !! Go, have fun !! The kids have to eat too !!!:thumbsup:

spoiledraf
08-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Ate there three times. First was great. Last two, steadily down hill. JMO

RAIDER
09-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Just wondering if doing Fulton's crabhouse with four kids ages 2.5, 5, 7, and 9 would be a good thing or completely insane. DH and I went way back in '99 and can't remember how kid friendly it is.

Thanks!
Nicole

I cant see any problems ,and if you get a window seat ,your kids will love it even more :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Your kids should enjoy it. There's plenty to choose from on the menu, and the atmosphere is really nice. Try to get a table upstairs in the Constellation Room. Great views out of the windows whether you have a table at one or not.

Have fun! DH and I will be eating there next month, and we can't wait!

1DisneyNut
09-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Ate there three times. First was great. Last two, steadily down hill. JMO
I agree. We first ate there around 2000 and ate there each year until after the 2007 trip. The food and service quality had steadily declined while the prices went up. After the 2007 trip we wrote it off the list and haven't been back since. This year to get our seafood fix we went over to Cocoa beach for a day during our trip, let the kids play on the beach and found a very nice seafood restaurant for dinner. It was excellent and the pricing was what you would expect for a nice seafood restaurant with the WDW bloat added on but I can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head at the moment. We even had the free dining plan at WDW and still skipped out for a day and paid to eat at a nice place. lol

ncrohrs
09-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Fulton's would be OOP for us and I am wondering now if its worth the price!

I think the kids would love eating on a boat like that, but I don't know...

Pigtunia
09-02-2010, 05:16 PM
If your kids LOVE seafood, then it would be worthwhile. We personally love Fultons, but with four little kids, especially if they're picky eaters, that might not be a wise choice. Cap'n Jacks might be a better choice.

#1donaldfan
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
If your kids LOVE seafood, then it would be worthwhile. We personally love Fultons, but with four little kids, especially if they're picky eaters, that might not be a wise choice. Cap'n Jacks might be a better choice.

OH NO !!! Capt Jacks was our worst meal ever !!!! The portions were very small, service was horrible, very slim pickings for children....just an all around horrid place...!!:ill:

Pigtunia
09-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Hmm. That's too bad. We've been (but not in a long time) and found the Cap'n to be great.

Hey, maybe Coral Reef would be a better choice for a family. Frankly, I think CR is a pale imitation of what is USED to be, but kids would love the "big fish tank".

Jared
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't consider Fulton's an adult-only destination. I see no reason why well-behaved children of those ages wouldn't love a meal there. They will probably get a kick out of eating on a boat. You will definitely see other kids in the dining room.

ncrohrs
09-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I think we are going to give it a try. After going back and forth so many times, I decided everything is worth a try. There is a lot of sentimental/nostalgic reason for us to go (DH and I dined there alone, pre-marriage and pre-kids!) and loved it. My oldest DD and DS are very excited.

We have been to Coral Reef and we did like it. Liked the atmosphere better than the food.

finaldynasty
12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Hmm. That's too bad. We've been (but not in a long time) and found the Cap'n to be great.

Hey, maybe Coral Reef would be a better choice for a family. Frankly, I think CR is a pale imitation of what is USED to be, but kids would love the "big fish tank".

My DKs loved the Coral Reef, but I think either would be fine. Any seat in the Coral Reef is good, but the closer to the tank the better. We have only been once when my oldest were 2 and 1. They are now 8 and 7, but we did see more then a few kids eating when we went. Enjoy!

:mickey:

jmj18
12-25-2010, 11:13 PM
We take our kids every trip. They LOVE it....it's 1 of our favorites too!

:mickey: