PDA

View Full Version : Renting crib for POP

andrew&ryansmommy
08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if a portable crib would fit in the standard rooms at POP? My son has a hard time sleeping in a pack n play (which is what they have at the hotel I read) so i was thinking of renting one of the cribs from an outside company. We will be a family of 4..myself, DH, 3 yr old, and 1 yr old. Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
08-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't have experience with renting offsite, but when our youngest was 1, we put him in the bed with bed rails and he was fine (he was in a bed at home at 11 months due to vaulting out of his crib issues). Would bed rails work for your son?

andrew&ryansmommy
08-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I dont plan on putting in a "big boy" bed anytime soon, so the bedrails are out. Vacation would not be the place for us to try it out :)

Rekenna
08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi! We too have the same issue.

We are staying at POP, I was thinking if we rented a crib I would ask to see if the table and chairs could be removed to make space for the crib (not sure if they will, but I will ask).

I have read really good reviews for A Baby's Best Friend and I think to rent a full size crib for 1 week it was $80.

I have read reports where others have gotten the portable cribs (not PNP) upon request, but I don't believe portable cribs are as large as full size cribs.

So I don't really have any experience, but this is what I am thinking.

My DS2 is autistic and the crib is his alone space-I understand the need for a "real" crib.:mickey:

When are you going? We are going 11/27-12/4.If I do this I will try to remember to PM you to let you know how it worked. You could PM me in the meantime and I will save it so I don't forget.

andrew&ryansmommy
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Rekenna! We will be going around the same time, 11/30-12/7. My travel agent originally said they had portable cribs, which think my son would be fine in, but the website says pack and plays. Does someone know if they offer both? I dont want them to run out, so I am wondering if should rent it..the price is very reasonable, and worth every penny if we all get to sleep! If you call soon and ask if they could remove the chairs and table to make more room, I would love to know the response!

MinniesMom
09-01-2010, 08:11 AM
They do have a small number of full sized cribs. We've had them twice upon request on our reservation and at check in because our kids would never sleep in pack n plays. We were told that they have them for children with special needs but if they're not in use then you can certainly ask to use one. We didn't have a problem with getting them. I would think that for the autistic child - you should request a full size crib on your reservation for medical reasons. My oldest has Aspergers so I can relate. Although we never requested a crib for this reason, I would certainly think that Autism would qualify as "special needs." For both parties, I would call ahead an request "full size crib" on your reservations.

andrew&ryansmommy
11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Not sure if anyone can help, but I just called POP to confirm reservation and request a full size (rollaway) crib, not a pack n play, and was told they do not have any. I pushed several times...she called housekeeping and still said "No, we dont have any...only PnP" She offered me an outside company to call, but this just annoys me bc I specifically asked our travel agent on several occasions about this bc my DS will NOT sleep in a PnP....I even begged to get one from another resort :(

TammiMcMan
11-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Not sure if anyone can help, but I just called POP to confirm reservation and request a full size (rollaway) crib, not a pack n play, and was told they do not have any. I pushed several times...she called housekeeping and still said "No, we dont have any...only PnP"It's hard to know if you were actually connected to the "resort" or if you were speaking to somebody with the call answering center. Unfortunately, it was most likely call answering and they just put you on hold for a few minutes and then read off their available information (which states packs and plays are standard). You can request the larger crib, but they are limited in quantity and subject to availability. If you need to guarantee it, then you should probably look at an outside company to rent from.

LVT
11-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't know about availability, but it should fit.
We used 1 twin air mattress by moving the table and chairs toward the bathroom Tight, but doable. The newer TV/bureaus look smaller so it might be easier now.