PDA

View Full Version : Ornaments and stockings

ANG
08-30-2010, 08:06 AM
How often do you buy Christmas ornaments at WDW?

Do you get it personalized?

Do they have a wide variety of Disney themed stockings?

We've bought an ornament each time we go. Well one was "Our First Xmas" and the other was "Baby's First Xmas". Debating on just getting on this yr cause we love them. We also want to buy stockings this year.

IloveJack
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
We do get one each time. Have Jack Skellington from our October visit last year, Mickey and Minnie "Happy Anniversary" fom our anniv trip 3 years ago, plus 3 or 4 more from other trips. Going to try to replace my peppermint Mickey ears that DH broke while playing his new Wii last year. No Wii while the tree's up this year! :thedolls:
I used to get them personalized, but wow, it's expensive. So now, I do it myself, with a paint pen and sharpies.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2010, 07:47 AM
We can't by any more ornaments - we don't have any room left on the :tree:!

We do have quite a variety of Disney ornaments, including a set of personalized Mickey's - one for each family member, and a personalized birthday one for DD.

We don't have Disney stockings (yet), maybe that will have to be our next Christmas purchase :)

VWL Mom
08-31-2010, 08:30 AM
We usually pick some up on each trip not only WDW but anywhere we go. Last year we found some at AK that were perfect. While there were a few others I liked, it was disappointing in how they were generic. (actually was able to pick them up after our trip at the Disney Store for 50% off).

They do have a fair selection of stockings. We got Pooh and Eeyore in DL when my boys were small ('98) and still hang them each year. Word of caution, the character heads make the stockings heavy and you need heavy duty hangers if you are putting them on the mantel.

AHOTE
08-31-2010, 11:44 PM
We can't by any more ornaments - we don't have any room left on the :tree:! :)

We solved that problem last year by putting up a second smaller tree. :pine: The main tree still stands in the living room and the smaller themed table top tree is in the dining room on the server. And there's still room to add some new purchases. :gift: I can easily spend a couple of hours in the Christmas store...Only 48 more days to go!

IloveDisney71
09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I buy Christmas ornaments everytime I go. However, I just started doing this during my last 4 or 5 trips. I also buy them online when they go on sale on the Disney Online Store Outlet. I recently bought a Minnie stocking for myself and a Mickey stocking for my DH. :mickey: My Christmas tree is slowly turning into a Disney tree.

Auntie B
09-07-2010, 12:22 PM
We get at least one ornament every time we go. At Christmas we have 2 trees - one Disney tree and one tree with "other" ornaments!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
We buy ornaments every trip but have never had them personalized:mickey:

doombuggy
09-08-2010, 12:42 PM
My advice to you is if you are coming this fall and are interested in getting a personalized ornament, visit at the beginning of your trip. while the company does have additional artists working during the oct-nov-dec season, their time is blocked for orders, usualy in 15 miniute increments. It takes time to make the art!

Thre are lots of different kinds of stockings - traditional (MM, MN, Princess, Tink, Cars, Nemo, Toy Story) and character heads (MM, MN, Pluto, Goofy, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger). new stuff to come in the next few weeks.

cer
09-08-2010, 02:11 PM
It seems I have been coming home with an ornament. Usually only 1. Never personalized.

Last trip I found one different from what was in the Christmas stores. It was a Patriotic Mickey Mouse ornament and I found it in the gift shop near the Hall of Presidents. Love it! :mickey: