View Full Version : The "Enough Already" pre-trip report

Cinderelley
08-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Players:
Me - 39 year old WDW fanatic
Dave - 33 year old newbie
When:
Sept 29 - Oct. 9

30 days from now we'll be getting on an airplane and heading to Florida for the sheer purpose of relaxation. Since my last trip last October, I have bought a new house which closed two weeks ago, been going through a divorce which will hopefully be finished Sept. 8 (after a 10 month court battle including needing an order of protection for myself and my kids), gone through multiple changes at work due to our hospital being obtained by a large healthcare corporation, my daughter developed heart problems, and my 18 year old started college (a good thing, but stressful nonetheless). I decided it was enough stress already and booked the trip. Dave was kind enough to be suckered into going with me. :laughing: It also happens to be Dave's birthday while we are there.

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. This is my first time trying this resort, and I am very excited about it.
Dining highlights include Raglan Road (Dave is very proud of his Irish heritage), Hoop Dee Doo to embrass Dave about his birthday , Yachtsman Steakhouse for Dave's actual birthday dinner, and an 8:15 am breakfast at Crystal Palace. Obviously we have more booked, but these are the ones I am really looking forward to.
We will also be attending the Food and Wine Festival, MNSSHP, my first evening EMH at AK and the Haunted Carriage ride at Fort Wilderness.

I love going during the fall and introducing my friends to the wonder of Walt Disney World. I will love the low stress levels that Walt Disney World provides even more. :D

And one of the best aspects of this trip is that even though I have to leave, I will be back in December with my two younger kids. On top of that, my oldest son in the Navy may be able to get leave and join us for a couple of days during the December trip. :cloud9:

T-Belle
08-30-2010, 07:32 AM
So sorry about your difficult year but it sounds like you know just what to do to wash it all away for awhile. And how fun bringing a newbie!!! Your plans look wonderful and I can't wait to read all about it on your return. Have a great time!

RedSoxFan
08-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Sounds like a much needed vacation.
Enjoy!!
:mickey:

yjgirl32
08-30-2010, 08:31 AM
SOrry for such a tough year- but on the positive note things are getting better- your going to Disney!!!! We will be there at the same time!!! We are staying at CBR- Hope you have a great trip and much needed relaxation.

faline
08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
A trip to Disney sounds like just the tonic you need after having had such a trying year!

It won't be long now!! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
08-30-2010, 11:11 AM
This trip sounds like the escape that you need to recharge, have a great time in WDW!

Suz36
08-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Hope your vacation provides the relaxation you deserve! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

divinedi
08-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Congrats on getting through a tough year and coming out the other side in one piece!!!!!

Enjoy your vacation, you really deserve it!

SBETigg
08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Sounds fantastic, and well-deserved. Cheers to you!

princessgirls
09-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Enjoy your vacation!! You have had a hard year.
May your time in Disney provide you with some much needed fun!!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
09-01-2010, 11:56 AM
sounds like its a much needed vacation! hope you have a wonderful time! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like you really need some Disney "magic"!:mickey:

WDWFanatic
09-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Well it already shows that your great attitude will pull you through anything.

Glad to see you've finally got the bad behind you. Only bright things to come.

Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear about it. Hope Dave loves the mouse as much as you.

darthmacho
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
WDW is a good place to leave the stress behind for a while. Enjoy, and remember that if you have any questions about POR, ask me while it is fresh in my mind, and I'll answer as best I can based on my recent stay. :mickey:

Cinderelley
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! I was super excited to see my counter click to less than 4 weeks today.

Thanks DarthMacho. I'll definitely be zipping you some questions. :thumbsup: