PDA

View Full Version : Which of these three resorts do you prefer?

SelfmadeWade
08-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Which of these three resorts do you prefer most?

Pop Centurion
08-29-2010, 06:07 PM
We love Pop! The theming, bright colors, atmosphere, huge food court, etc. It's just a fun place to be.

Speedy1998
08-29-2010, 06:20 PM
With the exception of the gift shop I like POP the best. I just like the gift shops at the All star resorts better than the one at POP.

T-Belle
08-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I voted for Pop even tho I've never stayed there but would love to. We stayed at ASMo once and I don't think I would stay at any of the AllStars again. While the rooms were nice and clean and the theme was wonderful- having to share the buses was just too much. There was really no shade at the resort to wait in and getting from the parks took forever as the bus would fill up fast and we would have to wait for the next. We left DHS at closing once and the line for the buses was just horrible. On top of this it began to pour. It just wasn't a good experience.

IloveDisney71
08-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I voted for POP just because I like the theme of POP better. I've stayed at ASMovies several years ago and at POP more recently. To me they are really similar as far as room size and amenities because they are both Value resorts. The biggest difference to me is that you don't have to share buses at Pop and at ASM you have to share buses with all of the All Star resorts. However, both times that I stayed at ASM's we never had issues with the buses. In fact we seemed to wait longer for buses at POP. Yes, we had to stand on the buses at ASM but we also had to stand on them at POP because so many people were always waiting in line to ride the buses at POP. The lines waiting to get on the buses always seemed longer for us at POP.I don't know if that was due to an overall shortage of buses on Disney property when we last stayed at POP or what. Bus service may have changed since I last stayed at ASM in '03...that was a long time ago.

JPL
08-29-2010, 06:42 PM
If I am staying at Value Resort it's always Pop:thumbsup: I never stayed at the All-Stars but have visited and IMHO Pop is much closer to a moderate than a value.

Strmchsr
08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
They're all three about the same. Pop is newest and I appreciate the cultural references. My kids like Movies best because of the theming. Music is fun, is the quietest, and recently refurbed. So, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Daisy'sMom
08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
We just love POP! Last year we had to stay at ASS, it was ok, but just not the same.:mickey:

DisneyWFan
08-29-2010, 08:17 PM
I voted for All Star Movies cuz of all the Values it feels the most Disney to me in the theming.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I voted for Pop.

I have stayed at Pop and Movies. Other than the bus situation, they are basically the same.

GrmGrninGost
08-29-2010, 10:37 PM
We've tried all the values and find Pop to be the best for us. Even when we stay at a moderate we often talk about Pop and things we miss. :mickey:

Renfairwedding
08-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Love to twist in the morning and do the hustle at night!!!!

Like the All stars but love POP!

:clappy:

crmark1
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM
I have stayed at Pop and ASMovies and I voted for Movies because 1. The landscaping with the large palm trees around the main pool 2. Theme to me seems more Disney than Pop 3. I thought the food court was better than at Pop. 4. Didnt find having to share the bus that much of a negative.

beksy
08-30-2010, 01:43 AM
I have always loved the 50's and 60's so staying at Pop is a lot of fun. The CM at the gift store was so nice and helpful too, one of the best we've found anywhere.

ANG
08-30-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd have to vote POP I guess. We've only ever been to ASM but we hated it.

DisneyaHolic
08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I've stayed at Pop a few times, and love it! I especially love the photo opportunities all over the property - my favorite is standing between Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head!

EJS-Houston
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I've always stayed at All-Star Sports and really liked it a lot...but based on these posts I may have to give Pop a try.

jans2kids
08-30-2010, 04:08 PM
It was a tough decision as we have stayed at each one.

POP - 3 times
AS Movies - 3 times
AS Music - once

When our kids were younger they liked the theming of the AS Movies, we liked the pools, the food court and the theming.

We tried the Music a few years ago, and didn't like the theming and the pools as much as the Movies, they did have the movie by the pool each night which was different.

We stayed at the POP again this year and have always stayed in the 50's section, close to the pool, and food court. We love the grounds with the long walkway all around the resort and the interesting signs to read as you walking plus all the nostalgic stuff they have in the lobby.

Best Pools - AS Movies
Best Food Court - POP
Best Theming - Movies and POP

BIGDOG
08-31-2010, 01:42 PM
If it came down to these 3 resorts and there were no other choices; I would stay home.

ShanPooh
08-31-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm in the minority, but I said All Star Music.
DH and I were in band together, so music is our thing.
I really love the fountain near Jazz Inn and how can you go wrong with the Three Caballeros? (at the large pool)
All of the values can have long walks back at the end of the day - but I found walking around All Star Music to be pleasant.
I also like that the gift shop is a separate entity from the dining area. The layout of Melody Hall makes more sense (for parents - not for marketers).

Daisy'sMom
08-31-2010, 04:04 PM
If it came down to these 3 resorts and there were no other choices; I would stay home.

Why? Have you ever stayed there? What are your reasons to dismiss it so fast?

mama2haven
08-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by TOYMAN357

i was wondering as well.

caryrae
08-31-2010, 04:48 PM
We have stayed at ASMovies and POP and liked both just fine, don't really prefer one over the other.

darthmacho
08-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm in the minority, but I said All Star Music.
DH and I were in band together, so music is our thing.
I really love the fountain near Jazz Inn and how can you go wrong with the Three Caballeros? (at the large pool)
All of the values can have long walks back at the end of the day - but I found walking around All Star Music to be pleasant.
I also like that the gift shop is a separate entity from the dining area. The layout of Melody Hall makes more sense (for parents - not for marketers).

Well said. I agree! :mickey:

JerseyDad
08-31-2010, 11:54 PM
....POP...without a doubt. I've stayed at ASM once...and it just wasn't as nicely landscaped...if you can use that as a reason for favoring a resort. POP also seems to be "brighter" for lack of a better term.....

....I'm actually here at POP now....and loving it.

Mickey91
09-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Pop..the Everything Pop food court and gift shop clinch it.:mickey:

PopPhan
09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Why? Have you ever stayed there? What are your reasons to dismiss it so fast?

Originally Posted by TOYMAN357

i was wondering as well.

There are some people who don't concern themselves with budgets. Would that we could be so lucky!!

Mousemates
09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
All Star Music - suites/queen beds

BIGDOG
09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
There are some people who don't concern themselves with budgets. Would that we could be so lucky!!

I was just responding to the question which was of the 3 value resorts what was my choice to stay at. If Disney only had the 3 value resorts I would stay off property or stay home. I have had bad experiences at 2 of the 3 and don't want to elaborate on it. I have also had bad experiences at other resorts as well and will forgo those as well. I'm sure things have changed for better or worse at the resorts over the years but I'm not willing to chance it.

IfYouHadWings503
09-01-2010, 03:01 PM
We've never stayed at an of the All Stars, but I can't imagine they could be any more fun than the POP :dance:

The rooms are comfortable, the atmosphere is great and I LOVE the food court. I've heard about some of the All Stars being a little more "group" heavy, which we've never seen at the POP when we're there, so it's never been loud around our rooms and is pretty peaceful at night. :mickey:

DizNee143
09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
If you knew the sacrifices I endure to get to Disney you would not believe me I am far from wealthy believe me.

I was just responding to the question which was of the 3 value resorts what was my choice to stay at. If Disney only had the 3 value resorts I would stay off property or stay home. I have had bad experiences at 2 of the 3 and don't want to elaborate on it. I have also had bad experiences at other resorts as well and will forgo those as well. I'm sure things have changed for better or worse at the resorts over the years but I'm not willing to chance it.

i understand things happen..and im sorry you wont take a chance again..