PDA

View Full Version : The Annual: Who's trying something new on thier next trip?

DisneyorBust
08-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Here we go! 16 days til we return. Another year, another trip to WDW, it's fun to read what my friends here on Intercot are trying new......

My list (in no particular order):

-Taking DD#2's friend with us, never have done this before, has me a bit nervous.
-Going to see La Nouba on the evening of our arrival, have seen the show before but due to timing, we may need to take a taxi to arrive in a timely manner!
-Via Napoli, after hearing about this restaurant, seeing the menu and the photos, I booked an ADR, can't wait!
-Having lunch at Le Chefs de France, we booked this last trip and cancelled, not this time!
-Not going to a park on the day of our arrival.( Don't think that we've ever done that?)
-I'm sure that we are going to give the new counter sevice restaurant at the Mexico Pavillion a try, based on it being open of course!
I believe that's all 'new' for us, but I may find something to add in the next 16 days!
So, what's new for you? :D

Disneymom201
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
There is a lot new this year for our family. First and most exciting the kids (DS's 10 & 7)still have NO idea they are going :secret:..only 37 more days til they find out!!!!
Staying at AKL for the first time and actually we have never even been on this property before. We have always rented a car and this will be the first year we are using Magical Express.
We also have a Haunted Carriage ride scheduled along with the Pirate and Pals Fireworks Cruise out of the Contemporary. Looking forward to those inaugural experiences!
Trying some new places to eat: Cindy's for Breakfast (my choice of course...they don't actually have a say this year..lol!), 50's Prime Time, Boma's &Teppen Edo.
We have also purchased the Mobile Magic app for our phones. I am excited to try this out :)
Really looking forward to this vacation, especially for the SURPRISE :mickey:

2005 - 2007 Off Property
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
38 More Days.....AKL!!!!!

Pop Centurion
08-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Things we will be trying new this year that we've never done before:

Park opening at MK - Yes, sadly we've never got up early enough. We tend to stay out/up late and never get up early unless we have breakfast ADR's.

Dining:

Le Cellier - After years of hearing all the raves about the place we finally decided to give it a try. I actually didn't expect to get ADR's.

Ohana's for Dinner - Another popular spot that for some unknown reason we've never tried.

Via Napoli - Love Pizza and besides Wolfgang Puck's, there's no good pizza in WDW. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Yak & Yeti - No special reason except to try something new.

Tony's Town Square - Atmosphere looks nice and again, we've never done it.

Akershus - Been hearing great reviews so we figured why not.

Boma for breakfast. We love the dinner buffet but have never made it for breakfast. We actually had ADR's for the past 3 trips but always ended up to tired to get up so we canceled.

Attractions I haven't done but plan to this trip:

Astro Orbiter
Cinderella's Carousel
Aladdin's Magic Carpets
Liberty Bell Riverboat
Captain EO

DizneyRox
08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Somethiing new for our next trip?

Yeah, we're going on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Going to see about something missing in recent trips and that's - value.

disneydear
08-29-2010, 06:28 PM
New this year to us:
Events:
Going to F&W festival, going to MNSSHP:party::wine:

Restaurants:Yak and Yeti, Kouzzina, Chefs LeFrance:chef::clappy::tasty:

Very excited to try something new!!!

IloveDisney71
08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
New Things for Us:

We will be staying at AKL for the first time (I will be celebrating my 40th birthday - so we are splurging.:thumbsup:)
I want to finally visit Disney's Boardwalk - take a stroll and maybe get some ice cream at Beaches and Cream
I think we might try to go in October so we can go to MNSSHP - we've never done that and I'd love to see the Headless Horseman run down Main Street and the Halloween parade and fireworks

Kim Possible
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Hmmm, I think going 100% by myself is a new thing for me, and I'm going to the Hollywood Vine n' Dine for breakfast one day! :D SO excited haha, I'm such a kid. Also going to my first passholder event so i'm very excited about that as well

BellesRose
08-29-2010, 07:56 PM
New things I'm planning on trying in a couple of weeks:
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Stitch's Great Escape
The Seas With Nemo
Living With The Land
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Body Wars
United Kingdom
The American Adventure Show
Italy
Norway - Maelstrom
Mexico - Gran Fiesta Tour
Illuminations
Voyage Of The Little Mermaid
Toy Story Mania
Backlot Tour
Lights Motor Action
Star Tours
Fantasmic
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Kali River Rapids
Flights Of Wonder
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Festival Of The Lion King

By the way, if any of these shows/rides are no longer open, please let me know. My Disney planning book is from 2008 so some things may be closed.

Also planning to visit:
Polynesian Resort
Yacht Club Resort

Staying at the Cabins for the first time! Staying for 4 nights for the first time!

RedSoxFan
08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Key new stuff for us:

Staying at WL.
On the dining plan (which was free).
Having an ADR for a sit down dinner every night.
Mickey's Christmas Party.
Only DD14 will be coming with us as two of the boys are in college and the other is on his own.

Kenny1113
08-29-2010, 09:07 PM

Yeah, we're going on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Going to see about something missing in recent trips and that's - value.

I just returned from a RCCL trip- don' t count on it! ;)

Kim Possible
08-29-2010, 09:45 PM
New things I'm planning on trying in a couple of weeks:
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Stitch's Great Escape
The Seas With Nemo
Living With The Land
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Body Wars
United Kingdom
The American Adventure Show
Italy
Norway - Maelstrom
Mexico - Gran Fiesta Tour
Illuminations
Voyage Of The Little Mermaid
Toy Story Mania
Backlot Tour
Lights Motor Action
Star Tours
Fantasmic
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Kali River Rapids
Flights Of Wonder
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Festival Of The Lion King

By the way, if any of these shows/rides are no longer open, please let me know. My Disney planning book is from 2008 so some things may be closed.

Also planning to visit:
Polynesian Resort
Yacht Club Resort

Staying at the Cabins for the first time! Staying for 4 nights for the first time!

Star Tours is currently closed for refurb and I thik body wars is closed as well

BellesRose
08-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Star Tours is currently closed for refurb and I thik body wars is closed as well
Good to know, I probably won't have time for everything anyways. Thanks!

Disney4us2
08-30-2010, 02:24 AM
New for us:
Hotel: We are staying at CBR for the first time.

Attractions: Going to just wing it. We haven't been on POTC at WDW(Disneyland, all the time), Laugh floor (is it worth seeing?)

Dining experiences: Whispering Canyon Cafe, 'Ohana (8pm, is that too late?), Cape May Cafe (dinner), Tokyo dining.

DizneyRox
08-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I didn't catch that. Body Wars is closed for good, it's in the Wonders of Life Pavillion which has been decommissioned.

yjgirl32
08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
New: F&W festival, Tepon Edo, Narcossee's, Cape May, Ohana- breakfast- loved dinner, Behind the Seeds tour, Busch Gardens Tampa, & celebrating my DH's birthday!!! Have a great trip everyone.

beksy
08-30-2010, 08:49 AM
We're staying at the Poly for the first time! Also trying a lot of new restaurants--Yachtsman, 1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian Cafe, the new Mexican one if its not too busy (no ADRs yet), Tutto Italia, Crystal Palace breakfast, Ohanas breakfast. Going to see Captain EO for the first time and I'm riding RnRC (my sister can just wait outside!). 31 days to go!

BugeyedMuggy
08-30-2010, 09:54 AM

We tried that in 2005 and found that the entertainment, staff, food and service were ALL better at WDW. The cruise cost us much more than a WDW vacation and we did not have anywhere as much fun. This year we thought, maybe it was just the ship and the structure of the cruise, so we tried a vacation in Aruba. It cost twice as much as Disney and we liked it half as much.

Now we stick with what we consider the best vacation value, WDW.

As for something new..

Hall of Presidents
Captain EO
All the new booths @ W&F!!!

VWL Mom
08-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Donald's Safari Breakfast will be a new ADR for us. Also, seeing the shuttle launch in MK will be a first if it happens on Nov 1 as scheduled.

Disney without DS18 will be a sad first as he is off to college. :(

Dragongirlx
08-30-2010, 10:46 AM
We are staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time and will be trying the following restaurants for the first time
Coral Reef
Holywood brown derby
Narcossees
1900 Park Faire

Stu29573
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Well, this is our first holiday trip so we will be doing:

MVMCP
Osborne Lights

We also will be eating at Le Cellier and the Chrystal Palace for the first time.

As far as attractions go...we're winging it!
:mickey:

PopPhan
08-30-2010, 10:59 AM

As long as you don't have to fork out the $$$ for any excursions or such....

I just returned from a RCCL trip- don' t count on it! ;)

Agreed! A 10 night out of Baltimore cost us 2 - 3 times what a Disney vacation of the same length costs us, AND we came back feeling pretty much used and abused....

BUT, different strokes......

As far as new and different on our next trip --

Having DSIL & DBIL vacationing with us and all staying in one room at Pop!!
San Angel Inn
Cape May Clambake
Captain EO (not really looking forward to this, but never saw the show before....)

grumpyguy
08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Lot's of "new" this trip.
Resort:POR,never stayed here before.
Attraction:astro orbitor,dumbo,tsm
Dining:boma,prime time,poly luau,lecelliar
our "biggie":we've reserved the private areas at each waterpark for the days we go.They look cool!
All this begins 18 days from now:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
08-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I am going to do the "Behind the seeds" tour this trip.:mickey:

Melanie
08-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Attractions: We haven't been on POTC at WDW(Disneyland, all the time

Prepare to be disappointed...very disappointed. :unsure:

SBETigg
08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
I just got back. New stuff for me: spa treatments (fabulous), Cava del Tequila (fun), Via Napoli (really good pizza- at WDW! The more basic, the better- go for the margherita, but all good), Bistro de Paris (amazing), Sanaa (thumbs up). Oh and getting death threats from a boatload of guests who happened to be related after a ride on POTC when I politely asked them to please stop taking flash pictures (scary).

Kathy Jetson
08-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Lets see...
watching ewp and fireworks from beach at Poly
hall of presidents
crystal palace
main street electrical parade
the little mermaid show
maybe rnr
american adventure
balloon ride at dtd
1900 park faire
rain forest cafe

DisneyorBust
09-01-2010, 09:01 AM
I need to add a couple of other 'new' things for us to try this upcoming trip:
-Captain EO
-Main Street Electrical Parade
I'm a big fan of SpectroMagic, so when I heard that it was going to be replaced teporarily by MSEP, I wasn't happy, but I will keep an open mind and hopefully enjoy it.

pdrlkr
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Going to Disneyland. :thumbsup: :mickey:

Alaska Disney Fan
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
New for us this year (22 days to go!!)
POFQ - first time staying there.
Ohana, Kona Cafe for breakfast, Tusker House, Teppan Edo, and Boma (Yeah Free Dining!!). Cava Del Tequila for a little tequila tasting.:marg:
MSEP, I like Spectromagic, but looking forward to seeing a different parade!
I will try a dole whip, and ride TTA for the first time.

tinksmom02
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Going in December instead of September!
All the holiday-themed stuff (MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, etc.)
I'm NOT planning our days to the hilt (I swear!). I really want to take the time to explore all the holiday stuff, and would love to visit the resorts to see their decorations
I WILL ride Rock N Roller Coaster this trip! (Been saying that for years, but something always thwarts my efforts to ride!) *thwarts is a funny word*
Lots of new dining this year! Couldn't get in to some of our faves, but I'm hoping we'll have some new faves after this trip!

jennsky
09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I have been going to Disney since I was three, but these things we'll be trying for the first time:

1) Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle
2) Dining at Mexico's "San Angel Inn"
3) Taking our DD to the Bibbidy Bobbidi Boutique
4) Taking our oldest child on the "big kid" rides (she's over 40" now!)

SBETigg
09-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Oh, I forgot- the American Idol Pavilion was new for me. That was fun. I'm glad we stopped by and caught a show.