PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review August 14-22

jillluvsdisney
08-28-2010, 07:21 PM
After we booked our trip, free dining opened up for Disney Visa people starting the 15th. We re booked one night room only and then 7 nights with free dining.

Table Service

Lunches

The Plaza. This was our first night so it was OOP. 445 ADR. We asked if they could take us early and we sat down at 4pm. 2 turkey clubs and 1 strawberry and chicken salad. All very tasty. Service was good. Drinks were refilled numerous times and extra ketchp was brought out quickly.

50's Primetime at HS. This was just a hilariously good time. Our server was Loukili who just let ny 20 year old niece have it the whole meal. He fed her the rest of her carrots she left from her pot roast, asked why she was in the bathroom so long and tried to move her chair to a table in the next room...with her still in it. Food was good. 2 pot roasts, 1 meatloaf, PB&J shake, chocolate shake, boston cream cupcake and apple cobbler. ADR was for 120. We waited 5 minutes after checking in.

Tony's. We got a good for anything Fast Pass for waiting for our 215 ADR. They were very busy. I didn't think the wait was long at all. 10 minutes? The air in the lobby was very cold if you were sitting in a chair by the wall. Pleasant service, very efficient. 1 spagheti, 1 chix parm and 1 shrimp scampi . Lindsay like her pasta, the chix parm was tasty and the portion was very generous. I thought the scampi was awesome. The dish also has asparagus and sun dried tomoto also. 2 lemon walnut cakes (delish) and 1 vanilla gelato.

Le Cellier. Very nice server. We waited 5 minutes for our 130 ADR. 2 cheese soups (OOP) 3 mushroom fillets, 2 with mushroom risotto and one with mashed. The steaks were wonderful. All 3 of us finished them. Loved the breadsticks also. The next table over didn't eat their pretzle one.:confused::confused: 1 chocolate moose, one passion friut sorbet and one creme brulee. I've read about this place having the table too close together and being too loud. I found neither to be the case for us.

Dinners

Boma.630 ADR. Seated at 645. Drinks always refilled and dirty plates taken away quickly. I love the food here. The seafood soup and chicken chowder were very good. I love the apple vinagarette dressing for the salad. The cold salads were all good, so was the cous cous and veggies. Prime rib was delicious. They have 2, rare and well done. Loved all the bite sized desserts.

Rose and Crown. We were seated right when we checked in.....OUTSIDE in the 95 degreee heat. I was so looking forward to some air conditioning. We had never been on the patio so we stayed. Very nice server. 2 Sunday roasts and 1 fish and chips. We all enjoyed our meals.
1 torte, one butter toffee and one cake for dessert. I loved that toffee pudding. It took a long time to get the bill.....waiting OUTSIDE in the heat. This table would have been to die for at 8 pm on an October evening. I feel bad complaining. I knew it was going to be hotter than all get out in Disney in August.

Raglan Road. We left for DTD on the bus too early from AKL. We shopped a bit at the Marketplace and then took the bus again to the Pleasure Island stop. We browsed the new Harley Davidson store (we are from Milwaukee area.....home of HD). We were still 45 minutes early for ADR, asked if we could be seated early and we were. We were at a table in the back by the bar. This place seemed a lot louder than my last 2 visits. I think becuase it was later at night right before the entertainment....loved the music, didn't see the dancers. I just went to Dublin in April, so In didn't feel like I missed anything. ANYWAY...the food was awesome. Lindsay had the steak and mashed, Carrie and curried chicken with rice and I had the lamb. OMG the lamb was fantastic. The ladies really enjoyed their meals also. 1 rasberry meruigne and 2 bread puddings. In think the bread pudding is my new favorite dessert in all of WDW. It's freshly made and served with warm vanilla and buttered rum sauce on the side. Linds and I were so full we could only eat a 1/3 of each.

Breakfast

1900 Park Fare. 1000 ADR. Seated at 1020. We were in the small room all the way in the side. That was nice, not as hectic as the main dining room. Our server was from Racine, WI. That was cool. That's near to us. Mos of tthe characters stopped and posed for pics. The Mad Hatter gave Linds a hard time.:thumbsup:
We also has Alice, Tigger, and Mary Poppins.
We missed Pooh. He came back just has we left. The food was very good. Hot and fresh. Loved those mouse ear plates also. I enjoyed the carved ham, the lobster eggs benedict and the banannas foster on my french toast. My sister loved the chilled strawberry soup. I've avoided character breakfasts like the plague for about 4 years. This was a good time.

Counter Service

The Mara..Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had muffins and bagles on the run for breakfast a few days. My sister got a re usable mug for her coffee. The Mara salad at lunch was good. It's on the Boma buffet also. Chicken Flatbread was spicy and good. They also had hummus in the cooler. I love the sun dried tomato with pita chips. They also have 6 Zebra Domes in a package as a dessert choice. I think this is handy info for all you ZD lovers.

Earl of Sandwich. This place was JAMMED but the line moved quickly. 1 turkey, 1 BBQ chix and 1 Cobb salad. 1 cookie, 1 pudding and 1 brownie. I nibbled on the brownie for 4 days. It was packaged which was great for a to go item.

Seasons at Epcot in The Land. I love this place. It's my favorite CS. Cesar salad, beef and brocoli and Turkey on ciabatta. Strawberry torte for dessert.

Columbia Harbor House. Tuna sandwich and shrimp dinner. Ha! I had shrimp 2x that day. There must have been 10 shrimp on that platter. We took both dessert to go...chocolate cake.

Odds and Ends
We finally get the all the fuss about dole whip floats. WOW. We each had one. They go down pretty well when it's 95 out.

I finally had a Grand Marnier slush in France.

In loved that we cold use snack credits for slushies/frozen drinks and iced lattes. Those drinks are almost bucks a pop.

Casey's in MK. We didn't eat here but went out the back by the Crystal Palace and it smelled revolting in there. All I coould smell was catsup ans relish. I smelled the same thing later on from the Main Street entrance.:sick:

We wound up with 2 unused CS credits. Some of our lunches were so filling we weren't hungry for dinner.

RedSoxFan
08-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Loved all your reviews. Your meals sound awesome. We are going to eat at Tony's for the first time in December. Very glad to hear that you liked it.

the other micki
08-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Sounds like you had some great dining experiences! Yep, you never go hungry at Disney!

yjgirl32
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Great reviews!

beksy
08-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the great reviews!

BluewaterBrad
08-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Sounded great Jill. Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

dmallan
08-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Great reviews! Thanks for sharing!

MinnieMommie
08-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the reviews! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the reviews

JWB3
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Excellent reviews - thanks! We're looking forward to trying Boma for the first time in October.