PDA

View Full Version : Any month to month payment plans?

Dewdrop034
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Is there any place one could book a trip and pay for it month to month until the trip is paid off before you go? Kind of like a vacation layaway. I think this would be a really good idea if it's not being done yet. I tried to get a chase disney card but I already have a chase freedom card and they will not switch me over. I would love to go on vacation and pay over time.

Disney4us2
08-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I booked my trip(s) through Magical Journeys. I pay every month, or when ever I want to make an extra payment. It is all interest free. Magical Journeys is the best.:thumbsup: Kathy saved me over $700.00 for our August 2011 trip.

Also... Welcome to Intercot:mickey:

Itchy
08-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Since Chase would not let you transfer a balance to another Chase card, well then maybe you could open a Chase Disney account and use it for your vacation. Then when you pay the other one down cancel it and just use the Disney card for what ever. That way you could get the rewards as well.

Hope this helps.

19 hrs until next trip.:mickey:

Strmchsr
08-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Marci has the right idea. Once you make your initial $200 deposit with Disney you can choose to pay however you want as long as you pay off the balance in full by 45 days in advance.

steamboat52
08-28-2010, 07:16 PM
If I remember correctly I paid month to month when I booked my trip with AAA. I was already a member at the time I booked but you'll save much more than your membership cost if you're not already a member. I don't remember what the deposit was.

This was several years ago, before I learned of Magical Journies.

BrerGnat
08-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Just make your "monthly" payments in advance of your vacation booking, by paying yourself via a monthly deposit into your savings account. Then, when you are ready to charge the trip, do so and the funds will be there to pay it off immediately!

Dedivah
08-30-2010, 11:22 AM
We booked through MJ as well and we just call up Denise and tell her how much to debit our card each month. We use cash via our checking debit card instead of putting it on our credit cards.

Scar
08-30-2010, 01:51 PM
... as long as you pay off the balance in full by 45 days in advance.Chris,

This is a direct quote from Karen at Magical Journeys:

Deposit is fully refundable up to 6 days prior. Payment in full is due at check in.

Karen
:confused:

faline
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Chris,

This is a direct quote from Karen at Magical Journeys:

Quote:
Deposit is fully refundable up to 6 days prior. Payment in full is due at check in.

Karen

These terms apply to room only reservations. Packages must be completely paid 45 days in advance of arrival.

Scar
08-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I don't "do" packages. ;)

Strmchsr
08-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks, I don't "do" packages. ;)

Sorry, Jeff. I should have clarified. As Linda correctly noted, I was referring to packages, not the room only policy.

Disney Lover72
09-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I opened up a vacation savings account last August and have put money in it every week. Booked my trip in July and it is totally paid for. Now I am just saving to take money on the trip. I wanted to fly this time so that is why I started saving last year. It sure made it less stressful when it came time to book. Some weeks I put more than others but I always managed to put something in there.

Good luck!:mickey:

RBrooksC
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I guess because I booked my vacation via the Walt Disney Travel Company to get my discount, I had to pay a $200 deposit and the balance needs to be paid 45 days in advance of our trip.

I could only book room only and not a package to get my discount.

So, I am going to be paying monthly to Disney until it is paid in full in April of next year.

faline
09-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I guess because I booked my vacation via the Walt Disney Travel Company to get my discount, I had to pay a $200 deposit and the balance needs to be paid 45 days in advance of our trip.

I could only book room only and not a package to get my discount.

These terms sound like a package to me - not room only. Room only reservations only require a one night deposit and do not need to be paid in full until arrival.

Does your trip include dining and tickets?

RBrooksC
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
These terms sound like a package to me - not room only. Room only reservations only require a one night deposit and do not need to be paid in full until arrival.

Does your trip include dining and tickets?

No, this is "room-only." It is Disney's Interline Discount available to those who work in the airline industry. I had to call a special number for the Disney Travel Company.

The price I paid is for room-only and I have to purchase my tickets and anything else on my own.

We had to pay $200 by last Monday and the balancce is due by April 2.

mama2haven
09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
i am using MJ as well and have a payment plan but haven't stuck to it and almost paid off. just a thought for you next time.

Tink1
09-02-2010, 06:48 PM
No, this is "room-only." It is Disney's Interline Discount available to those who work in the airline industry. I had to call a special number for the Disney Travel Company.

The price I paid is for room-only and I have to purchase my tickets and anything else on my own.

We had to pay $200 by last Monday and the balancce is due by April 2.

Yes, interline reservations are Basic plan (room only) offered through the WDW Travel Company.

Totally different beast than room only offered by Disney Reservation

Since it is a Travel Company package (even though it has no package components) it follows Travel company rules.

Nanc

RBrooksC
09-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Yes, interline reservations are Basic plan (room only) offered through the WDW Travel Company.

Totally different beast than room only offered by Disney Reservation

Since it is a Travel Company package (even though it has no package components) it follows Travel company rules.

Nanc

Very true. And it is nice because I like knowing when I get to Disney, I have everything already paid for except my meals and items purchased while on vacation. There is a wonderful freedom in knowing that.

LVT
09-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I pay ahead with the rewards card in order to get the rewards points. Regular savings accounts do not pay much. That way I get 1% for sure, versus
1.9 % for a year.

Mommy2boys
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
As others have mentioned you could just go online and pay as you want.