PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli- Just Back

DVC2004
08-28-2010, 11:09 AM
We experienced Via Napoli last Tuesday. We walked right in about 12:45 with no wait. The restaurant was about half full. The four of us (2 adults and 2 kids) shared a large pizza with sausage and broccoli rabe- it was excellent, and the crust was perfect. A large had 8 slices so we each had two. It was plenty. I did see someone with the 1/2 meter pizza but that would have been wayyyy too big for us.You'd have to be really hungry, or have five people or more, or have a fridge to take the leftovers back to! My husband and I shared a house salad (available with pizza and a min of two people). That was also wonderful- a variety of lettuces, red wine vinegarette, marinated peppers, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms and cucmbers. For dessert we shared a vanilla gelato sundae with "ugly but good cookies" crumbled in and amereno cherries. ALso enjoyed by all of us. The three ovens were cute. We really enjoyed it and reccommed anyone who likes pizza to go.

MickeysEars
08-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Oh I am so glad it was good, we are going on December

DisneyorBust
08-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the review! We will be trying Via Napoli during our September trip and with reviews like yours adds to our anticipation, thank you.

Momto3littlemice
08-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Sounds great! Thanks for the review!:mickey:

AllDisney
08-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the review. We'll be planning on eating there on our next trip to WDW which will be April 2011:number1:

JPL
08-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the review I am trying it in December and being a very picky Pizza eater coming from the NYC area it's nice to read a review from someone else in area that takes pride in their Pizza!

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks. We are planning to have dinner there one night in Oct. Sounds like we won't be disappointed. :mickey:

Melanie
08-28-2010, 02:54 PM
We had that same pizza, and while others in my party didn't really like the broccoli, I enjoyed it. Now we had a 1/2 meter between 5 of us, and we were still a bit hungry. We didn't have anything else though. Thank goodness for Epcot sweets!!!

Thanks for the review!

klb
08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks! I can't wait to try it.

artyboy
08-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks!

Trying in about 12 days! Can't wait!:mickey:

cer
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Thank you for the report! Glad to hear it was good. I had heard some mixed reviews about the crust being a little on the charred side. Sounds like they worked that out! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
08-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the review! We're trying it in December, and I actually cancelled our Tutto Italia ressies for Via Napoli. (I've been second-guessing myself ever since)

brownie
08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to eating at Via Napoli in December.

MinnieMommie
08-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the review. We will be trying out Via Napoli in October so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and that the crust was good! :mickey:

MoreMickey
08-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm a little ticked. We went last weekend-was able to walk in with only a 10 minute wait BUT we were told that if we wanted to share then we needed to order the 1/2 meter. I told my husband I couldn't imagine that a large pizza was only for one person but no one around us had pizzas so we could check out the size.

That being said. We loved the atmosphere and DH and I loved the pizza. My kids (7 &5) were not huge fans. Most of edges were blackened so they wouldn't eat that part and my 5 year old only ate part of 1 piece because she didn't like the tomato sauce.

Hubby and I will go there again but I don't know if we will take our kids back since we had to turn around and buy them hamburgers an hour later.

JWB3
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the review! We're trying it in December, and I actually cancelled our Tutto Italia ressies for Via Napoli. (I've been second-guessing myself ever since)

I did the same thing for our October reservations! Started second guessing, but now I'm getting more psyched about Via Napoli.

As far as some charring on the pizza, I've seen recent pizza restaurant reviews in the NY Times and most show pictures of charred pies coming out of wood fired ovens - must be part of the process. I've been grilling pizza on my backyard bbq and find the charring - intentional or not - adds a bit of character to the taste! :thumbsup:

32 days and counting!!

tinksmom02
08-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I did the same thing for our October reservations! Started second guessing, but now I'm getting more psyched about Via Napoli.

As far as some charring on the pizza, I've seen recent pizza restaurant reviews in the NY Times and most show pictures of charred pies coming out of wood fired ovens - must be part of the process. I've been grilling pizza on my backyard bbq and find the charring - intentional or not - adds a bit of character to the taste! :thumbsup:

32 days and counting!!
I don't really mind the charred pizza, I agree with you that it adds some character or flavor. We have some super-picky eaters going with us, though, that prefer their pizza cooked very lightly, almost raw :ack: Not my style. So they'll be ordering dinner entrees instead of pizza, I'm sure!

jillluvsdisney
08-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the review. I wish we had the time and appetite to have had lunch there 2 weeks ago. It's something for next time.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
09-02-2010, 10:17 AM
We canceled our ADR in Mexico to have an early dinner at Via Napoli next month. Sometimes a simple pizza and salad dinner is a nice change from the big dinners we do in WDW.

Can't wait to try it for ourselves. Thanks for the review!!

disneymom2000
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Amazing. I have been reading these posts for days and have seen at least two posts with frustration in trying to get an ADR. To be able to walk in and get seated gives us hope.