PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional - Dinner package

HoosierDisneyFan
08-26-2010, 07:40 PM
AT 7:00am sharp I phoned to make my Candlelight Processional Dinner package Thursday morning. Busy signal. It took hitting the "re-dail" button on my phone until 8am to get a open line.

Question: Is there really that many people trying to call at 7am sharp? Is there a secret I missed out on? Can I call before 7am to get in a queue?

Then I was told that there was a 30+ min wait time.

WOW!

1 and 1/2 hours later, I finally got to speak with an person and got my reservation for Le Cellier. Not really the time I wanted but I was happy to get the reservation.

Question: This will be my first time @ Candlelight Processional, I have eaten at Le Cellier before :thumbsup: Will it be worth it?

faline
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Folks get on the phone promptly at 7 a.m. when they are 180 days out and want to make reservations for the duration of their trip so, yes, it really is that busy first thing in the morning.

One would think that the on-line dining reservations might have alleviated this somewhat but many may not have made the switch yet.

We did a Candlelight Processional dinner package a few years ago and really enjoyed both our dinner and the performance.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Is it worth it? For the amount of time you waited on hold, you could spend that same time, or less, in the general public line for one of the 3 nightly performances and watchit for free, with out the cost of the dinner package.

If you wanted a real nice dinner anyways, then the CP is kind of a bonus and you don't have to wait that long to get into the seating area. You still have to que up, but if you are there on time you are guaranteed to get seated.

A few years back the only way we could get LeCellier ADR's was to book it thru a CP package, which was great because we could use the dining plan, so definitely worth it for us.

DizneyRox
08-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I was told many years ago there are several hundred CSRs ready at 7am in the dining line. I don't know how accurate that is, but I used to call first thing and never talked to a person before 7:10

slhcmp
08-27-2010, 08:26 AM
My wife got CP reservations at Le Cellier. What does this include? Obviously, entree and beverage. Appetizer? Dessert?

big blue and hairy
08-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Is it worth it? For the amount of time you waited on hold, you could spend that same time, or less, in the general public line for one of the 3 nightly performances and watchit for free, with out the cost of the dinner package.

Weeeeeellllllll.......yeah, but not sitting in your favorite chair, laying in bed, watching TV, or like me, with a bluetooth in my ear reading Intercot.

It is definitely worth it. You don't have to spend at least two hours in line to maybe get a seat. If you've ever been to the CP when it rained, you'd be really glad you had a chance to get under cover.

:sulley:

HackLaSalle
08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I could use some help here as well. I'm at San Angel Inn at 5 PM for an 8:15 PM show... what happens in those 3 hours and 15 minutes? Am I going to be able to see some things while I'm at San Angel Inn? It is inside. So very confused. But super excited cause we hopefully get to see Jodi Benson and my gf is thrilled.

PopPhan
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I could use some help here as well. I'm at San Angel Inn at 5 PM for an 8:15 PM show... what happens in those 3 hours and 15 minutes? Am I going to be able to see some things while I'm at San Angel Inn? It is inside. So very confused. But super excited cause we hopefully get to see Jodi Benson and my gf is thrilled.

Not sure what you are asking here....

San Angel Inn is inside the Mexico pavilion - you get to watch the boats for the "El Rio" ride go by.

You will get a sticker to put on your shirt to let the people controlling the lines for the CP know that you have reserved seating.

Between the time that you finish your meal and decide to get in line (get in line early for seats closer to the stage!!) you are free to do anything you wish - Future World, World Showcase, leave the park, anything....

RedSoxFan
08-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Doesn't the package count as 2 TS?

mickeysworld
08-27-2010, 11:52 AM
So, if I get in the stand by line one hour before show time (6:45pm, Dec. 12, S.C.Chapman narrator, NO CP package) do you guys think this is enough time to get my party of 5 seats? Or are we talking hours+? I'm really cringing at paying over $200 for dinner and guaranteed seating, but also don't want to wait in line for an hour plus and then be told we can't get in.:confused:

mickeysworld
08-27-2010, 11:54 AM
redsoxfan, yes, I believe the package is 2TS.

awaggett
08-27-2010, 03:29 PM
It really depends. We did the CP three years ago--and waited in line about an hour. Got great seats. That night most seats were filled with folks on the package, very few from the stand-by line. It was fairly close to Christmas and I imagine it was high in demand.

Last year over Thanksgiving we went by on two different nights. The first (Tuesday, I think?) there seemed to be seats available while the show was going on; the next night we met folks who were complaining that after waiting 1.5 hours they did not get seats.

faline
08-27-2010, 05:30 PM
The first time we went, it was a very chilly night and we had not problem walking in and getting a seat! In fact, we were so cold we ended up leaving before the end of the show. I'm sure the weather is why we able to get seats at all.

A couple of other times, the Processional was standing room only with a large crowd behind those seated.

When we did the dinner package, we had the second show of the evening. The line for our show (of those who had the dinner package) began as soon as the first show was seated. We were in line, essentially for the duration of the first show and still ended up about mid-way back. I'm not sure how many stand-by folks got in.

jpH/keD
08-27-2010, 07:12 PM
We went to the CP 3 years ago! We also had LeCellier for our dinner! This was the BEST night of our whole 8 day trip!!! The dinner was delicious and fun and the show was amazing! Very inspiring and soooooo well done! We loved every minute of it!!! We did not wait in line at all. We walked straight into the show after dinner and sat very close to the front row! It put us in a great mood for the spirit of the holiday season!!! I say thumbs up!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You will not be sorry!!! ENJOY!! It is WORTH all your time on the phone!!

RedSoxFan
08-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I saw it twice in 11/05 without the package and had no problems getting a seat. DH doesn't want to use 2 TS so I will hope for the best. I plan on going 12/16 to see Thomas Gibson as I love him in Criminal Minds!! I had ADR's at San Angel Inn that night at 6:45 and plan on going to the 5pm show.