PDA

View Full Version : Favorite photo spot?

angua85
08-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Am admiring my shot of the Haunted Mansion from across the lagoon (with the steamboat on one side and the island dock on the other). And was wondering- where are your favorite photo spots?

Angua85

darthmacho
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
A great question. Considering we took over 1100 digital photos on this past trip, not including the 120 photopass photos, we have a LOT to choose from.

One that comes to mind, however was the shot of Expedition Everest that you can get when you round the bend into the village leading up to the ride! It's simply a stunning shot! :mickey:

disneymom2000
08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
My absolute favorite photo is the one of us in front of the topiary of Mickey and Minnie at the end of Main Street with the castle in the background. I get it all that way.:here:

TheVBs
08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
My current favorites are the shots of the fireworks and the castle changing colors (which I now know is the Kiss Goodnight thanks to Intercot :mickey:). But each trip we try to look for photo opportunities we've never taken before.

kemps@wdw
08-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Anywhere in WDW is FAB! I do like the detail shots. You know, instead of snapping the overall scene or attraction, just focusing on a detail. Something that shows the obvious but also zeros in on a great, but sometimes overlooked, detail. This year, though I'll try to focus on getting pics from angles I've not tried on previous visits and things I've not photographed before. My scrapbook for '10 should be very large and very different! :D

Gator
08-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I love to get the partners statue in front of the Castle, and any angle of the Hat at DHS. But the shot I always get is at Epcot with Spaceship Earth inset with the red and blue arch in Japan. Actually, any shot I can get in the Worldshowcase with national architecture and SSE in it is always great for me.

Mary Poppins fan
08-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Ours is the set of statues in the hub front of the castle at the end of Main Street! They may be small, but you can get some great shots with the kids.

ravsluvdisney
08-31-2010, 10:15 AM
interesting question with the amount of pics we've accumulated over the past several years. i guess any pic involving our 2 ds' are the best as the background options at WDW are truly endless.... :thumbsup:

BigThunderFan
08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
My favorite is to get my DS & DW in front of the topiary of Mickey & Minnie. I line it up just right to where it looks like they have on Mickey & Minnie's ears!

Figment104
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
There are tons that I have that I just love, but as for a favorite I'd have to say its one I took of the WL from out in Bay Lake at night with the WL all lit up so you can see the bear face. I like it since it's one that not everyone has the opportunity to get or even knows about :secret:.

Only 16 more days until we're back :cloud9:

BandMan
08-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Last trip I got a great shot in AK across the lily pond toward Everest, with some Asian statuary just to the left. It makes the mountain look so real, and it feels so ... well ... Asian.

I also like getting Spaceship Earth through the Shinto gate at Japan, especially just as the sun is setting and the ball turns gold.

There's only about 250 more I could name - WDW just has so many of those places. DW teases me how I often get wrapped up in the scenery and forget to take pictures of the FAMILY. :oops:

SBETigg
08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
We always take shots of the kids on the boat dock at the Polynesian with the volcano pool in the background.

mainemajor
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
But the shot I always get is at Epcot with Spaceship Earth inset with the red and blue arch in Japan. Actually, any shot I can get in the Worldshowcase with national architecture and SSE in it is always great for me.

I do this one, too. Over the years as SSE has been decked out differently and that make the shot differently as does different weather and time of day. It's a must shot every trip

crltkcagle
09-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Of course our favs are in front of the castle during the kiss good night. But we also love taking pics in the resorts. GF, WL, and the Poly make for beautiful family pictures!

kemps@wdw
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
On the dock @ Wilderness Lodge, just @ sunrise...truly a breathtaking view! :cloud9:

Tinkerbella16
09-14-2010, 12:32 PM
My favorite photo spot would definately be of Cinderellas Castle... taking the picture from the bridge that goes into Liberty Square. Its sort of a side/backside view of the castle and it is such an amazing shot. It is so gorgeous and every year I always say how much I love taking pictures of the Castle from that bridge!

TheVBs
09-18-2010, 08:28 AM
One of my all time favorite shots at WDW is one I'll never be able to duplicate. There's a fountain near the exit of Kali River Rapids that shoots out a dome of water. My DDs were playing around there and a little boy turned to our oldest DD and said, "Let's see if we can hear each other talk under there." And they leaned over the edge of the fountain and stuck their heads under the dome of water, and I'm so grateful I had to camera ready to snap a picture!:mickey:

And I have to ask the PP, what does "doing Burpees" mean?

plutosnana
09-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Too many to chose from!
But I think I like just getting a picture of the family by the castle is cool!

:goofy:

Ropachs
09-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I'd also like to know what a Burpee is??

SandmanGStefani24
09-18-2010, 12:39 PM
couple good ones for me.

1. Riding the TTA. You can get great shots of the Castle, Tomorrowland, and such.

2. Tokyo. If you center it right, you can get Spaceship Earth within the Torii.

3. Pop. Depending on what building you're in, you can get a shot of the "Welcome to WDW" road sign.

LVT
09-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Choices!
1. Us with Castle
2. Tree of life creature carvings.

SAH
09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
As your coming around the bend into total view of the Wilderness lodge, what a beautiful picture.....

angua85
10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I also love the Tree of Life in AK.

And I've gotten some fun shots down Main Street at night with the castle lit up. The crowds are blurry, so its technically not a great shot. But the colors are beautiful and it reminds me of being there.

tinkerbellvr123
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Our favorite photo spot is on Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood Studios. We stand on the strip and get the big hat in the background. :mickey:

GoofyforFun
10-08-2010, 10:37 PM
My absolute favorite photo is the one of us in front of the topiary of Mickey and Minnie at the end of Main Street with the castle in the background. I get it all that way.:here:

Also great at night as castle is lit up

TheVBs
10-09-2010, 09:09 AM
I love getting photos of the Main St. shops lit up. Usually these turn out blurry, but we've been rewarded with a few good ones.

We also got some great shots one night from the top of the Swiss Family Treehouse. It was a little disorienting climbing up and down in the dark, but the pictures were worth it!

IrishMickey
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Flying on Dumbo, I have it down to almost a science of the kids flying Dumbo, where it looks like they are actually flying, thank goodness for Digital cameras, keep the ones you love and delete the rest! :thumbsup:

disneymom2000
10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
What IS a Burpee?:confused: