PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Crispy Treats

MN_Dad
08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
We just returned from a 2 week stay and it looks like the Mickey Crispy Treats have really shrunk since we were there in 2006. Is it my imagination, or have these gotten a lot smaller?

Melanie
08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Definitely smaller, and I don't like them being on a stick. :unsure:

Strmchsr
08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
They shrunk big time between our January and May trips this year, plus a much smaller selection. You used to get the various icing types, but that selection was seriously trimmed.

ANG
08-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I love those:blush:

TheDuckRocks
08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
They shrunk big time between our January and May trips this year, plus a much smaller selection. You used to get the various icing types, but that selection was seriously trimmed.

We were there in Dec. and back again in April and we had a hard time finding them at all, even in a lot of locations where we had purchased them in the past. And then when we tracked them down they were much, much smaller. We always used to share one and they are really too small for that any more.

brownie
08-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Noooooooooooo!!!!! The chocolate dipped Mickey rice krispy treats are one of my favorite snacks at Walt Disney World. They have to be from the resorts, since the boxed ones aren't anything special. I guess I'll have to lower my expectations for our trip later this year.

jillluvsdisney
08-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I was there last week. I saw them at many places, the size was the same as always and I didn't see any of them on a stick. I just came back from a great trip and reading some of the forums here is a real depressing drag.

Melanie
08-26-2010, 09:10 PM
I was there last week. I saw them at many places, the size was the same as always and I didn't see any of them on a stick.

The plain Mickey shaped ones are now on a stick. They are also selling bigger plain ones in a square shape.

BrerGnat
08-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't understand the obsession with these. They are MUCH better when you make them at home. It's such a simple thing to make. 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time. It's not a secret Disney recipe that you can ONLY get at the parks.

I have found the Disney ones ALWAYS taste stale (because I am used to eating Krispie Treats practically out of the pot, while they are still hot). :blush: The Disney ones always pale in comparison to the ones that come out of my kitchen.

I can even make Mickey Head shaped ones! They sell cookie cutters and molds in that shape in a few places...

garthbarth1
08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
the last time I got on I saw them making them at the Main Street Bakery, and they were amazing! Yum...cant wait to have one soon!

brownie
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't understand the obsession with these. They are MUCH better when you make them at home. It's such a simple thing to make. 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time. It's not a secret Disney recipe that you can ONLY get at the parks.

I have found the Disney ones ALWAYS taste stale (because I am used to eating Krispie Treats practically out of the pot, while they are still hot). :blush: The Disney ones always pale in comparison to the ones that come out of my kitchen.

I can even make Mickey Head shaped ones! They sell cookie cutters and molds in that shape in a few places...

The ones we've always bought at the resorts were made by an offsite bakery. They've were always really good.

We bought the packaged ones at Disneyland in one of the parks, and they were not as good (or as big.) We won't buy them again.

LudwigVonDrake
08-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I had one on a stick at WL and it was yummy :tasty:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I bought a couple at POFQ last week. They did seem to be a little smaller. I can't attest to how they taste since I bought them for my little nephews.

BrerGnat
08-29-2010, 08:16 PM
We bought the packaged ones at Disneyland in one of the parks, and they were not as good (or as big.) We won't buy them again.

Ah ha. That might be it then. I've only bought them at Disneyland, and was not impressed the two times I did. (I thought the first time was a fluke.)

Having them shaped like Mickey Mouse does not excuse staleness, sorry!

ibrowse17
08-30-2010, 03:20 PM
These are a fav of mine, so I hate to hear that they are being changed!! Is nothing safe??