PDA

View Full Version : Which hotels have the biggest range of tv channels in their rooms? Other Questions to

mason123
08-26-2010, 05:35 AM
I remember Disney hotels had a big choice, The Sheraton Safari has a medium choice, Which hotels have the channel with all the worldwide soaps and the gameshow network and the food network and travel channel. Or do no hotels carry these channels.

many thanks mason123.

DizneyRox
08-26-2010, 06:59 AM
You can cross Disney hotels off the list if those are the channels you are looking for. If it's important, look into Slingbox, you can get your TV wherever you want it.

big blue and hairy
08-26-2010, 10:00 AM
You can cross Disney hotels off the list if those are the channels you are looking for. If it's important, look into Slingbox, you can get your TV wherever you want it.And all WDW hotels have the same limited channel lineup.

:sulley:

RockinRobin
08-26-2010, 10:03 AM
why are you worry about TV when your at WDW who has time for TV

Kulnet
08-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Disney is a lot like Vegas in that if you are watching TV in your room, you aren't out spending money in their gift shops and theme parks.

brownie
08-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Who has time for tv at Walt Disney World? As long as I can get a weather report for the day, I'm good.

wmdaddy
08-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Who has time for tv at Walt Disney World? As long as I can get a weather report for the day, I'm good.

Anyone who has young kids. My kids love to watch TV before going to bed.

We just returned from the Yacht Club and Polynesian. Oddly, the Poly had Channel 96 (Disney Classic Cartoon Loop), where as YC did not.

AllDisney
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
The only TV we watch is in the morning to check out the weather:thumbsup:

mason123
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the messages i was just curious on this question.

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I do check for Appliance Direct commercials :)

I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!! :D

brownie
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM

Ours were too tired to watch any tv and went straight to bed.

Hammer
08-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, that is one of the complaints I have with the WDW resorts. Hey, I understand that it doesn't matter for park commandos, but for the rest of us, the pickings are pretty slim. We took our Mom to Disney for a long weekend in July. She needs to take breaks and when she does; she wants to watch TV, especially if the Rays are on. Imagine my Mom's surprise when we told her that the WDW hotels do not carry Fox Sports Florida or Sun Sports (also an FSN channel) where all Rays games are carried.

I understand not carrying the premium channels, but some of the omissions are really ridiculous.

Melanie
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Imagine my Mom's surprise when we told her that the WDW hotels do not carry Fox Sports Florida or Sun Sports (also an FSN channel) where all Rays games are carried.

I know! I couldn't believe that either Christine.

We stayed at the Marriott Sabal Palms earlier this month, and it's TV lineup is worse than Disney's. :yes:

BrerGnat
08-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Who needs t.v. in a Disney Hotel? Anyone who gets sick and has to spend days on end in the room. :( It happened to me. I was confined to my bed at CR for three days. I WISH there had been some decent t.v. channels...

DunkieKong
08-28-2010, 12:05 AM

These are the best commercials and I look forward to watching them every trip.

jonahbear2006
08-28-2010, 03:33 AM

We just returned from the Yacht Club and Polynesian. Oddly, the Poly had Channel 96 (Disney Classic Cartoon Loop), where as YC did not.

this is true. i have heard of the values having this cartoon channel and we never saw it at the beach club. we thought we were going crazy but the wilderness lodge had it..Some resorts have it and some do not. y and b club def. do not.

Pop Centurion
08-28-2010, 05:19 AM
I have a feeling that no matter how many channels were offered, our TV would still alternate between Stacy & the weather. :shrug:

Ed
08-28-2010, 08:24 AM

These are the best commercials and I look forward to watching them every trip.

You guys are some sick puppies. I can't tell you how many times I've bounced shoes off TV screens when those ads come on. :mad:

wolfhog
08-28-2010, 11:56 PM
We have found that bringing along a portable DVD player and the kids favorite shows more than makes up for the lack of channels.

mason123
08-29-2010, 06:03 AM
keep this up i can't believe what people think, hotels should have a direct tv package like in millers ale house where they show all the sports and giordanos have direct tv too.

ShanPooh
08-31-2010, 02:22 PM
You guys are some sick puppies. I can't tell you how many times I've bounced shoes off TV screens when those ads come on. :mad:

That's wakkie nu nu! :D