PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Festival

Bellerella
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
We are trying to plan our 2011 trip, and are considering October. However, I am concerned about the Food and Wine festival. Strolling down World Showcase is my favorite thing to do at Disney; how crowded does F&W make WS?? We do not intend on participating in this event, but we do want to to MNSSHP. From your experience, how packed does the festival make WS? This will definitely have an impact on when we decide to go, so thanks for any input! :mickey:

Suz36
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I think it does get very crowded on the weekends, but our experience during the week had it just a bit more crowded than our other trips (May, December, February). MNSSHP was a blast, so I'd say go for it!

honeebee86
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
It does tend to get a little crowded on the weekend as previously said, but it really doesn't make it too bad especially if it is in early October. On the weekdays it is not bad at all. I do have to insist that you go though! The f&w is wonderful, especially if you enjoy walking around world showcase. The only thing you pay for is the food if you don't participate in the special events. My husband and I walk around and share each dish that sounds good and if we really like something we go back for more. This way we aren't spending too much and not getting too full!

JoF
08-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Here's another vote for October. Its my favourite time to go and we have a trip booked for Oct 2011.
I don't think you'll notice the crowds - its not that bad - besides you are distracted by all the lovely food and drink to try as you wander around! :cloud9:
Love the Halloween party too - if you go early to mid October you can't go wrong.
Hopefully we will see you there!:mickey:

faline
08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
We found evenings around World Showcase to be much more crowded than afternoons. I woudl expect that weekends drives the crowds up even more. I remember we were early for a particular event so decided we walk the long way around the lagoon to our destination. The walk took longer than anticipated due to the te level of crowds milling around throughout World Showcase.

brivers222
08-27-2010, 11:07 AM
for the first time we are going early this october... the discussion in this thread pleases me greatly... May is usually our trip dates

BluewaterBrad
08-27-2010, 02:47 PM
The F&W festival is amazing. You should consider exploring it. Like a lot of other posts stated it can get crazy on weekends, but midweek is very manageable.:mickey:

Bellerella
08-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone! This is helping in our planning a lot- we're still not sure exactly, but as long as we can find a way to stroll around World Showcase at a relaxing, leisurely pace I think we'll do just fine! :wave:

Dedivah
08-30-2010, 09:56 AM
We have a trip book for 2011 F&WF as well, 8th-15th. This will be our first time. We are so excited. :joy:

Scar
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
... we're still not sure exactly, but as long as we can find a way to stroll around World Showcase at a relaxing, leisurely pace I think we'll do just fine!Do yourself a favor and find a way. The only real crowded times are Friday nights through Sunday. Weekday nights can get a little crowded but not too bad. Go during any (preferably multiple) weekday afternoon and you'll be fine.

SBETigg
08-30-2010, 02:26 PM
It does increase the crowds at WS, and limits the space a bit more than usual so that it feels a tad more crowded even when crowds are not high. It's definitely navigable, especially on weekday afternoons, but if you love WS and don't plan on enjoying the F & W offerings, you might consider changing your dates. I think the F & W adds a lot of fun to WS and sampling the food is a great use of snack credits. I love October at WDW. But WS is much less crowded feeling without the F & W fest, to me.