PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grill

Disney Lover72
08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
We have reservations at the Captains Grill in October. I have never eaten there and would love to hear from you folks that have. Need a little advice on whats good and whats not. We are going here because we can't seem to get in at Le Cellier Steakhouse. Is this comparable? The Dh wants a GOOD STEAK!:mickey:

mdhiggin
08-25-2010, 09:40 PM
If this is the restaurant at Yacht /Beach Club that I remember, they didn't have steak. They had a steak salad. They had some sandwiches. I was honestly surprised that it was a table service restaurant with the very limited menu. We do recommend Yachtsmen Steakhouse for great steak. We really loved it. I've not tried Le Cellier, but I can't imagine it being better than Yachtsmen.

RedSoxFan
08-26-2010, 07:15 AM
According to the menu, Captain's Grille does have steak. We, too, booked this restaurant because we couldn't get ADR's at LeCellier. Although, we have eaten at LeCellier before and in my opinion, it was good --- but not a must do. But if I could have gotten ADR's with my free dining; I would have gladly eaten there again.

mdhiggin
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I think I understand what happened now. We had the lunch menu with the steak salad and sandwiches. The dinner menu looks much nicer. I wish we'd had dinner there instead. It still cost us a Table service for the lunch.

MinnieMommie
08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
We've had breakfast and dinner at Captains Grill. I think this restaurant is a hidden treasure. Very nice atmosphere, welcoming staff, reasonably priced and good food (and DD really likes the steak!). :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
We just ate there last week and it was very good. We'd switched at the last minute and were not disappointed. Good food and good service.

Disney Lover72
08-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone! I don't think we will be disspointed. I will still try for Le Celliar but at least I know this is a good second choice.:mickey: