PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Celebration

candace flynn
08-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Okay, LONG time reader first time poster! I have a question I don't think I have seen answered.

My daughter's birthday is in July, would like to go for her birthday but July seems to be the most crowded time. We have gone the second half of August in 07 and 09. Can we go in August and celebrate her birthday (ie she gets to wear the birthday pin)? Is this acceptable?

Thanks!:)

Strmchsr
08-25-2010, 11:00 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Yes, that's absolutely fine. They don't check a birth certificate. Really, the only thing that happens is CM's wish you happy birthday and you might get a cupcake or something small at dinner, so the pin is more for you guys than anything else. If it makes your daughter happy, then that's great. The only time Disney cared about the exact date is when they gave free entrance on your birthday when this whole "what will you celebrate" thing started.

Disney4us2
08-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi and welcome to Intercot:thumbsup:

I feel it is fine to celebrate your DD's birthday:party: after the actual date. Have a great time and Happy Birthday to DD.

candace flynn
08-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the input! Looks like we will be going next August and will be celebrating her 9th b-day there! I know she will like all the extra attention!:party:

MinnieMommie
08-29-2010, 04:16 PM
:welcome: To Intercot!!

Hope your daughter enjoys her late birthday celebration.

faline
08-29-2010, 05:51 PM
No new information but wanted to welcome you to Intercot! :mickey:

BellesRose
08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
My great uncle has special needs. We went to Disney with him in December for MVMCP. We ate at Whispering Canyon before the party, and the waitress asked if we were celebrating a birthday. Of course, my uncle mentioned his birthday! We laughed and told her it was in October. She gave him a pin anyways, and brought him dessert and had the whole restaurant sing to him. Everywhere we went, people were wishing him a Happy Birthday. He bought a Mickey hoodie to wear and the CM even gave him a Mickey pin. I think you should celebrate whenever you can...it makes an ordinary day extraordinary.

Tinkerbella16
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM
I am also going to wdw next august for my Nieces first trip to the world and we will be celebrating her birthday...her birthday will be a week after our trip so its more convenient to go before since her mother is in College and classes start by then. I know of lots of people who have gone and celebrated their birthday before or after their actual bday!

Have fun!! :mickey: