PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Dining Question...

Nini
08-25-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm kind of confused, please tell me if I have this right. The original sit down restaurant, San Angel, will remain the same, they are redoing the Cantina, and adding a third totally new place. So there will be three places to eat in Mexico, right?

(Somehow at first I was only aware of the Cantina rehab, then I thought there was a whole new place as well, then I thought that the new place was taking San Angel's place...:scratch:)

Thanks
Denise :mickey:

Melanie
08-25-2010, 06:41 AM
I believe I'm correct in saying that the Cantina will be CS at lunch, then change to TS at dinner. So still only one place outside.

beksy
08-25-2010, 08:22 AM
From the way I am reading it, Melanie is right. San Angel is still the same and the new one is just one but changes from CS to TS.

Nini
08-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Ohhhh, okay! I guess that kind of explains some of my confusion. It's one place, but in a way it's two places :crazy:.

Thanks!
Denise :mickey:

faline
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Disney is moving to a new concept of dual purpose restaurants. The new reincarnation of the Cantina (though I seem to recall is will be renamed when it opens) is one of those. During the day time hours, it will essentially be a counter service restaurant. For dinner, though, is will switch over to a table service venue. My understanding is that a similar restaurant is planned in the Magic Kingdom as part of the new Fantasyland (Day time - counter service; Evening - table service).

Melanie
08-25-2010, 07:47 PM
And the outside seating at night for Illuminations will work like Rose & Crown - reservations required. No more 'reserving' those tables early in the day.

faline
08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
And the outside seating at night for Illuminations will work like Rose & Crown - reservations required. No more 'reserving' those tables early in the day.

Yes that was a lot of prime real estate that wasn't providing a return. On the other hand, it can be a real problem if tables are being taken by folks who buy nothing or a coke and they claim the spot for hours. This is similar to what happened with California Grill when they allowed everyone to just go on up.

Melanie
08-26-2010, 07:17 AM
On the other hand, it can be a real problem if tables are being taken by folks who buy nothing or a coke and they claim the spot for hours. This is similar to what happened with California Grill when they allowed everyone to just go on up.

I bet they'll have a plan in place to deal with that, as they should.

brownie
08-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Here's an update from the Disney Parks blog: Update On La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/update-on-la-hacienda-de-san-angel-at-epcot/). There will actually be 3 restaurants in the Mexico pavilion, 1 inside (San Angel Inn) and 2 outside (La Hacienda de San Angel and La Cantina de San Angel.) If you read down through the comments in the blog post, there is more detail provided as people ask questions.

Melanie
08-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Here's an update from the Disney Parks blog: Update On La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/update-on-la-hacienda-de-san-angel-at-epcot/). There will actually be 3 restaurants in the Mexico pavilion, 1 inside (San Angel Inn) and 2 outside (La Hacienda de San Angel and La Cantina de San Angel.) If you read down through the comments in the blog post, there is more detail provided as people ask questions.

:crazy:

I'm anxious to actually go to the park and get a visual on how this is going to work. Maybe I'll try during the walk-up period.

So outside is CS only at lunch, CS and TS at dinner.

SallyP
08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
:crazy:

I'm anxious to actually go to the park and get a visual on how this is going to work. Maybe I'll try during the walk-up period.

So outside is CS only at lunch, CS and TS at dinner.

That's my take-away too Melanears. The refurbished area will share space for CS and TS at dinner. No luncheon table service only counter quick service.
Soft opening for TS is planned to start Sept 15, reservations may be made for Oct 15 and thereafter starting September 16.