PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering the Magic Trip Report Day Four

snowflakegirl
08-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Day Four- August 7th

Cast: Jen (snowflakegirl), Disney Lover, looking to rediscover the magic after her last, not so great trip.
Joe, Jen's boyfriend, looking to experience the magic of Disney for the first time.

Today was meant to be a bit of an "off" day, allowing us to rest up a little bit. We planned to hit Typhoon Lagoon and possibly Disney Quest. I got up around 9 (which for me, in Disney World, is like sleeping til 4 or 5 ;-) ). I picked up breakfast from the Mara and woke Joe up for breakfast on the balcony with a pair of Ankole Cattle.

After breakfast we got ready slowly, went back out on the balcony and lost another half hour or so to the giraffes that we discovered outside.

Around 11:30 we hopped a bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The skies were starting to look a little ominous, but my fingers were crossed that the rain would hold off. The last time I tried to go to TL we swiped our tickets, and as soon as we were on the other side of the gate they told us that there was a storm in the vicinity and we couldn't go in, so I really wanted to make it this time. We got on a bus around 12 (this is the one exception to Epcot's buses being the worst of our trip). We got off the bus at 1:10. Our driver seemed to take a roundabout route and then when we got to the first stop at DTD, we had to wait for the drivers to switch. It was a little bit aggravating when we realized that there was no way that the ride should have taken us an hour and ten minutes.

We made it into the park, rented our locker, changed, and hit up shark reef. I loved doing this when I was younger, and I was happy to get a chance again. We hopped in the lazy river, and made it about 3/4 of the way around when we were told that there was lightning in the vicinity and that we had to get out.

We head back to the hotel (the bus ride took about 25 minutes this time). We checked out the giraffe, ostrich and eland from our balcony for a bit, then we were off to Downtown Disney for a little while. We wandered around and had some pretzels (from Wetzels Pretzels) and a frozen lemonade and then went on a bit of a shopping spree at the World of Disney. Then we picked out some legos at the Lego store.

Back to the hotel to change for dinner and wander the overlooks by the pool. We checked in for dinner at Boma, grabbed a glass of wine at Victoria Falls and were seated before we could have more than a sip. The meal was incredible...the soups, the salads...all of it...and the dessert. After dinner we went back to the room for wine on the balcony with some Ankole Cattle.

Pedometer count: None because of waterpark.

Up Next: DHS

Suz36
08-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Yummm-Boma! The Ginger Carrot soup is my favorite! Bummer about TL - do they offer you any kind of raincheck?

LisaKeys
08-25-2010, 12:36 AM
We are planning our return trip for January of 2011. This will be my 6th trip to WDW, although the 1st one was one day at MK with my parents at the age of 16. It was VERY hot, humid and crowded (July 3rd) and was my birthday. We didn't stay long - but I was hooked. We've had many wonderful times since then as a family, and as just my husband and I. Looking forward to reading further trip report as you post them - thanks for sharing!

cather74
08-25-2010, 06:35 AM
I love your reports! the pedometer idea was a good one. I really can't belive how far you walk in a day. But I guess that's why I don't gain weight even thought I eat about 5 mickey rice crispy treats a day!:bar:

yjgirl32
08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks for sharing.

T-Belle
08-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Another great one! Sorry your Typhoon Lagoon trip was cut short!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
sounds pretty good, despite the lightening:)

faline
08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
It is hard to tear yourself away from the animals, isn't it?!

Sorry your stay at Typhoon Lagoon didn't work out that well for you. Still, it sounds like it was a very nice and relaxed day!

BluewaterBrad
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Bummer about TL. I still would have a tough time calling that an "off" day!! You guys have tons of energy!!:mickey:

Joannelet
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Great report despite the TL issue with the storm.

snowflakegirl
08-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Yummm-Boma! The Ginger Carrot soup is my favorite! Bummer about TL - do they offer you any kind of raincheck?

The Ginger Carrot Soup is my favorite, too! So good. Joe had the Coconut Curry Seafood Soup which was awesome. I also had a bowl of the Chicken Curry Soup. I'm always so pleased with everything at Boma. The flavors are so good.

I love your reports! the pedometer idea was a good one. I really can't belive how far you walk in a day. But I guess that's why I don't gain weight even thought I eat about 5 mickey rice crispy treats a day!:bar:
The pedometer definitely amazed me. And I ate myself a bit silly, but only gained a pound the whole time we were away. Clearly has a lot to do with how mnay miles we walked!

It is hard to tear yourself away from the animals, isn't it?!

Sorry your stay at Typhoon Lagoon didn't work out that well for you. Still, it sounds like it was a very nice and relaxed day!
Incredibly hard to pull ourselves away from the animals. But it was such a good experience.

Bummer about TL. I still would have a tough time calling that an "off" day!! You guys have tons of energy!!:mickey:

We did seem to pack a lot in those days that we had...I think I'm still a little tired ;-).

DisneyorBust
08-30-2010, 12:23 PM
It's a shame that you didn't get to enjoy much of Typhoon Lagoon, but it seems that it became a relaxing day.

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
I LOVE BOMA!!!! Zebra domes are my weakness. It's like kriptonite to me.

DizNee143
08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
that stinks about TL..maybe next time..3rd times a charm right? lol..
otherwise sounds like a nice day and that you really enjoyed dinner! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Well, it sounds like you had a relaxful day. Bummer about TL and the storm coming. I love shopping at DD.