PDA

View Full Version : Short layover!

Guya103
08-24-2010, 02:59 PM
We fly out of Detroit tomorrow and connect through Atlanta to Orlando. We only have a 45 minute lay over. We have never had such a short period of time to change planes and are especially worried about our luggage making it. Has anyone experienced something similar? If our luggage does not make the plane to Orlando how long will it take for us to get it? Nervous!:mickey:

faline
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
I avoid connecting flights whenever I can. That being said, I've had some pretty tight connections in the past and, in but one case (and I don't even recall if I had a layover on that trip), my luggage arrived with me!

Guya103
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
We'll cross our fingers! Thanks

wilcat
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
We just had a connecting flight from our Seattle-Atlanta-Pittsburgh flight. There was only about 50 mins from one flight to another in Atlanta and we had to change terminals but there were no problems and our luggage arrived in Pittsburgh when we did. Have a fun time.:mickey:

Tinker Fan
08-24-2010, 05:26 PM
We have had a few layovers around 30 min. and we have always had our luggage show up with us, it is a bit stressfull but we will cross our fingers for you!!

Madame Leona
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
In all the times I've searched for flights, I'm always amazed how many short layovers there are from Det into Atl. I wouldn't be worried, I'm sure they have it down by now :)

awaggett
08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
You should be fine! The Atlanta airport, though huge, runs like a well-oiled machine (most days!). If for some reason your luggage isn't in Orlando, go to the Delta luggage office, should be near baggage claim. They will be able to track it down and will have it sent to your hotel. There are flights almost hourly from ATL to MCO, so if the luggage isn't on your flight it will be shortly behind you.

Good luck and have a good trip.

Guya103
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Thank you all!:mickey:

LVT
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
A tip from another traveler that I use to avoid worry is mix the suitcases' contents. We now do it for most trips. Each suitcase has the basics for everyone for 1/2 days in case of delays.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2010, 05:28 PM
1) If your flight from Detroit is a little late, you will miss connections.
2) You could also miss
. . . based upon time to unload the plane
. . . weather problems in Atlanta
3) With all this said, you still have a good chance at making connections.

kemps@wdw
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Our flight home w/a changeover in Atlanta, gave us just enough time to get from one plane to the other! :whew: But, so far, no lost luggage!