PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Moms Panel applications coming soon

PopPhan
08-24-2010, 09:53 AM
From another site:

Applications for the 2011 Walt Disney World Moms Panel will be open from September 13-17.

Dsnygirl
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah! Now I can try again... :)

Does anybody know -- have all the people chosen for this been to Disney multiple, multiple times, or have some "only" been 5 or 6 times?? ;)

Seems that when I read the bios, everyone's gone about 20 or more times, although I haven't read all of them.

I'm hoping they choose to pick some people who love helping plan and know the answers for their "specialty", even if they haven't been going their entire lives... so many of us have been frequently as adults, but at 42, that doesn't add up to 20 or more trips (I wish!!) and we know so much from being on here and helping others plan... sigh... guess I'll just keep trying! :)

Good luck to anyone else out there planning to give it a go... :magic:

Joannelet
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Yay!! Cannot wait to try again! :)

LottaLubes
08-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Good luck to all who are applying!

Melanie
08-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Are you still on the panel, Diane? :)

LottaLubes
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Are you still on the panel, Diane? :)

Actually, yes! :mickey: I'm currently on a mouse break but hope to be back answering questions very soon. There are also members from the original 2008 group that are still on the panel. My guess is some of the members from 2010 will also continue into next year. It really is a ton of fun and I wish everyone the best!

mdhiggin
08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
What is the mom's panel?

ILoveLegos
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I just successfully submitted my mom's panel questions. Thought I remind anyone who forgot!

:mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Just submitted mine. I was a little surprised at the few questions to answer this time. No real indepth essay questions. Maybe these will be on the second go round. I kind of felt like "Is that all?" I'm not sure how they will choose anyone from those few questions.

elmjimmlm
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Just submitted mine. I was a little surprised at the few questions to answer this time. No real indepth essay questions. Maybe these will be on the second go round. I kind of felt like "Is that all?" I'm not sure how they will choose anyone from those few questions.

I thought the same thing...I submitted mine too...I hope I will hear something this year:fingers:...Good luck to all!!!

LittleRoosMommy
09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
I just submitted mine application too!!! :mickey: I'm like the rest of you, a little surprised at the questions this year! Wishing everyone good luck!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I just submitted mine! here's some good luck pixie dust to everyone... :pixie:

I think they changed their questions because they needed to weed out people who just tried out for the sake of trying out but, they didn't really know much about Disney. Plus, there are requirements that everyone must meet - last stay within a year, etc.... maybe they had people in the past that weren't employed by Disney but, were employed by a company that could have been conflict of interest, etc.

Anyways, this is my 4th year so, I'm hoping that I'll get a chance at round 2 again. I made it to first runner up the first year in case someone on the panel couldn't fulfill their duties. Then didn't make it past round 2 since. I hope this year is my year! I feel like I need a group hug :grouphug:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-13-2010, 12:41 PM

Are you going to be at the October meet? I will just miss it as we are checking in on Oct.18. I wish I would have known sooner on the dates. We could have planned better and moved our trip up! I would have loved to meet you!

missylee19
09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I just found out about this last week for the first time. Both my husband and I applied this morning in hopes one of us make it!

BrerGnat
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Entered!

And, I couldn't help but notice the grammatical error on the second question. :rolleyes:

Isn't one of the requirements of the panel to have a strong command of the English language, and to be able to write in grammatically correct sentences???

;)

Joannelet
09-13-2010, 02:05 PM
I applied!! It's my 2nd time of trying and I am hoping to hear something positive this year!!!
Good luck everyone!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I submitted my entry this morning too!

Good Luck to all who entered from Icot!!:mickey:

Jenemmy
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I just got home from WDW at 5:30am today!!! Drove all night, then came home and submitted my answers! Hope I did not make a GIGANTO mistake, seeing as how I am all sleep deprived and such.

Maybe 4th times a charm. Good luck, Intercoters:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
09-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I just submitted my first application, this is the first year I have ever tried. :fingers:

LarryBoy
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
This Dad applied to be a Mom, but I may be cut because it has been just over a year since our last visit. Hey my wife lost her job, maybe they'll cut me a little slack.

Dsnygirl
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM
:mickey: Good luck everyone!! I'm applying this evening or tomorrow, as I work nights as a nurse and I just got up. :blush: I want to try to be as awake & excited about it as possible, although I'm not sure I COULD be more excited... :D

I agree with the previous posters, the questions seem very "blah" compared to last year... but maybe some of the things they're looking for have changed, or maybe they want to get more detailed in the next round, and will have more people make it to round two that way.

Whatever the case -- good luck to all my fellow Intercotees who've applied -- I hope some of us make it again this year! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
09-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Submitted my app this morning, maybe this is the magic year for me! Good luck to all!

LottaLubes
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Are you going to be at the October meet? I will just miss it as we are checking in on Oct.18. I wish I would have known sooner on the dates. We could have planned better and moved our trip up! I would have loved to meet you!

Hi Jennifer - yes, I will be at the meet! Most of the moms will be down that weekend for our annual reunion. This is the first time we'll be holding a meet during the reunion weekend so it should be fun!

Good luck again to all Intercotees who are applying!

Jared
09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I applied for the first time. No young person or non-married has ever been chosen, but I hope to buck that trend. I heard rumblings that Disney is looking for a slightly different mixture of demographics this year, which I hope works in my favor. Two current panelists suggested I apply, so I decided to give it a shot.

Good luck to everybody! I wish we could all make it! Even if I can't participate, I hope INTERCOT is well-represented.

As an aside, I wonder how Disney plans to whittle the pack down this year. The questions were very general and not particularly revealing. I tried to add flair and personality to the responses. Hopefully, that didn't come at the expense of actually giving the reviewers what they want.

Finally, I already know a couple people who were tripped up by an element of the question about World Showcase. Nice little curveball there.

DisneyPrincess21
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
What exactly is the Mom's panelist "job"? I know you have to respond to a certain amount of questions, but what else is in the job description? What are the job perks? Is it a paid position?

Jared
09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
What exactly is the Mom's panelist "job"? I know you have to respond to a certain amount of questions, but what else is in the job description? What are the job perks? Is it a paid position?
Panelists receive no compensation besides a free trip to Disney for training and all the fame and accolades that come with contributing to the panel. I joke about that second part.

As far as I know, panelists just answer a certain number of questions per week. I do not think the job requires anything else.

Suz36
09-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I put in my application this afternoon. I'm hoping 3rd times a charm! Good luck to everyone! Is it November 8th yet?????

wilcat
09-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Just submitted my application. Hope to get to the next round! Good Luck Everyone!!!

LottaLubes
09-14-2010, 07:56 AM

I can answer this! Yes, if selected as a panelist, you would be required to answer a certain amount of questions each week. You can answer these questions according to your schedule as the intranet site we use is basically up 24/7. Very flexible in that regards.

If selected, you will be flown in for a training weekend at Disney. Last year the group stayed at the Contemporary and the previous two years it was held at Coronado Springs. I'm not sure where the training will be held this year. Training weekend is an awesome experience.

Once trained, your main job will be to answer the questions. However, different public relation events are held throughout the year and many times a panelist or two will be invited to represent the Moms Panel. Moms are usually represented at red carpet events. For example, when Idol opened, several moms were asked to attend the event and earlier this year, we had some Moms at the ESPN WWOS rebrand for the green carpet event. Not all events are at Disney. For example, this week Laura and one of the moms are attending a conference in NC. We've also been invited to events in NYC. There seems to be something always going on!

I would say the best part of being on the panel is the many good friends you will meet.

For your service, if you are selected as FT (you "work" all year), you will receive a WDW vacation for you and 3 guests. Depending on availability, you can choose any moderate/ deluxe resort. The vacation includes airfare, room, dining, tickets.

If you are selected as PT (you "work" for only one quarter during the year) you will not receive a vacation but there are other perks. I haven't seen those perks officially advertised so I won't go into here but please note, things are subject to change...the above is what we have received in the past.

Laura and team also like to sprinkle pixie dust on us in other ways throughout the year to keep us motivated. It really is a fun gig. :mickey:

Wishing you all the best!

Diane L

P.S. When I mention moms above, it includes the dads..anyone on the panel! AND, to be clear, it is not a requirement to be a parent to be on the panel!

Melanie
09-14-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm so glad to see you still posting here Diane! Thanks for all your insight. :mickey:

Jared
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm so glad to see you still posting here Diane! Thanks for all your insight. :mickey:
I second this. So great to see you posting, Diane, and I think we all appreciate your perspective. I did not know you made the panel!

Like I said before, regardless of what happens, I hope INTERCOT receives its well-deserved recognition on the panel this year!

Good luck, everybody!

Jenemmy
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Quick question to those who have applied.....Did you receive a confirmation e-mail to your in box?? I have seen discussion about this on another site. I received confirmation on screen after I hit "submit", but did not get any type of e mail. Just curious.....:confused:

LarryBoy
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Quick question to those who have applied.....Did you receive a confirmation e-mail to your in box?? I have seen discussion about this on another site. I received confirmation on screen after I hit "submit", but did not get any type of e mail. Just curious.....:confused:

Yes, I got a confirmation email. Good luck to all! :thumbsup:

Jared
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I received a confirmation e-mail almost instantly after submitting my application, but I know plenty of people who did not.

I read speculation that an automated filter flagged certain applications, but I find that theory difficult to believe. I suspect the e-mail server simply became overwhelmed by the weight of thousands of applicants, resulting in a slight mishap. As far as I can tell, the confirmation e-mail means nothing. If you reached that final page, your application went through successfully.

At least, I think so.

Dsnygirl
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
:mickey: Well, I did it - after probably too much consideration, I finally hit 'submit'. :blush:

Good luck to everyone -- I really hope some Intercotees make it the Panel again!

And Diane, thanks for the information - it is greatly appreciated!

(Oh, and for those wondering about the e-mail confirmation -- I read on another site from a panelist that as long as you received the confirmation on Disney's site, you are all set... not all confirmation e-mails go through properly, or they end up in your "spam" folder or filtered by your e-mail program. So, no worries as long as you were confirmed by Disney on the application website! :thumbsup:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Good luck to everyone:fingers:

T-Belle
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I applied this morning!
Good luck to all!!!!

pixiesmimi
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
I did receive a confirmation email later in the day after applying.

the real Alice
09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
I applied again. I have everytime and have never made it to the second round. This is my dream job, even if it isn't really a job :mickey:
Pick me! PLEASE!!

LarryBoy
09-20-2010, 10:55 AM
So round one is over. When do we think they'll send out notices for round two?

ILoveLegos
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Going from past year's experience, I'd suspect somewhere between Ocotber 9th & 13th. But it's just my guess.

Suz36
09-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Why am I remembering the week of November 8th? Does anyone remember something on the confirmation page that stated that? I checked my email confirmation and it wasn't there.

ILoveLegos
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Why am I remembering the week of November 8th? Does anyone remember something on the confirmation page that stated that? I checked my email confirmation and it wasn't there.

That was the date of the final notification of panelist, but in years past there were round one questions (with a reveal date that followed of who made it to round two via e-mail notifications around Oct 9-13th depending on the year) then round two questions (with a reveal date that followed of who made it to round the final round phone interview, which are also revealed via e-mail notifications around last week of Oct / early November. depending on the year). Lastly around the begining of the second week of November, e-mail notifications went out about who made it to the panel. <whew>. In the past it was whittled down to the tune of 20,000 ==> ??? ===> ??? ==> 20. This year rumor has it that only 10 new panelist will be added (from a possible 20,000) the odds are pretty awful this year incomparison to past years due to the fact that the initial submission period was shorter (although I don't think it was a well promoted this year as in year's past). I know a few people who were able to submit their entry 1st round questions on the final day, so maybe the 20,000 max was never reached on round one questions, which would increase everyones odds a tad ... (All of this is just my speculation of course) :)

Best Wishes to all you I'coters out there who threw your 'mickey hat in the ring'.

Suz36
09-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the clarification! I must have been so excited when I submitted my application that I didn't pay attention to the fine print.:blush:

pixiesmimi
09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I started to say the same thing the other day that I thought it was Nov. and then remembered that they may have said Oct. for the first round and Nov. for the final round so I didn't post that. Glad I wasn't the only one that read it that way. :)

the real Alice
10-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Has anyone heard anything?? I keep hoping even though I know it is a LONG shot!

PopPhan
10-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Not word one.....I just assumed that meant that I was not selected to move on to Round 2....

Jenemmy
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Not word one.....I just assumed that meant that I was not selected to move on to Round 2....

I am following twitter, facebook and a message board and there has been no notification for Round 2 yet. Don't count yourself out just yet!!!

Jenemmy
10-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks like Round 2 invites went out around 6:00pm tonight.....

Joannelet
10-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

Melanie
10-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Anyone moving on? :fingers:

I wish more INTERCOTee's advance. Feels like a certain other board gets a lot of finalists and eventual panelists. :unsure:

SAHDad
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I didn't make the first round cut, for the fourth year in a row. I know that odds are against me to start with, but I still can't shake the feeling that it is considerably harder for a dad to get onto the panel than a mom.

(Yes, it could be sour grapes. It could also be brought on by seeing yet another series of flyers advertising for a "Moms Club" at the Y - and not wanting to bang my head against that wall anymore. SAHDs are neither fish nor fowl nor good red herring.)

Dsnygirl
10-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I didn't advance this year.... but I'll just keep trying. One day Disney will wonder where I've been all their life... :D

SAHDs are neither fish nor fowl nor good red herring.
I hear what you're saying and can totally understand where you're coming from -- my DH isn't a SAH dad, but he is the only one home with our girls the evenings/nights I work and the only one with them every third wknd when I'm sleeping the days away b/c I worked Sat/Sun night. And it's frustrating for him when so much is geared to the moms, like they're the only ones caring for/helping out/guiding the kids. But don't count yourself out, just b/c you didn't make the panel -- there are some pretty great dads on there, and I bet your time is coming. And even if you (or I...) never make the panel -- we're still awesome to our kids, and all the people we've helped/guided in our own way! :)

Melanie
10-12-2010, 11:23 PM
And even if you (or I...) never make the panel -- we're still awesome to our kids, and all the people we've helped/guided in our own way! :)

:thumbsup:

SAHDad
10-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I hear what you're saying and can totally understand where you're coming from -- my DH isn't a SAH dad, but he is the only one home with our girls the evenings/nights I work and the only one with them every third wknd when I'm sleeping the days away b/c I worked Sat/Sun night. And it's frustrating for him when so much is geared to the moms, like they're the only ones caring for/helping out/guiding the kids. But don't count yourself out, just b/c you didn't make the panel -- there are some pretty great dads on there, and I bet your time is coming. And even if you (or I...) never make the panel -- we're still awesome to our kids, and all the people we've helped/guided in our own way! :)

Oh, it's not the panel. It's really more of the whole Moms Club/MOPS/Newcomers Club (which was really a code for "moms only" - we kept telling them to call me to arrange playdates, and they would call DW instead) grinding me down. I've done the SAHD gig for over six years now, and while I would not trade it for the world, sometimes it gets a little tiring.

Normally, I would fill the void of not advancing with planning our next trip, but it's not going to be until sometime in Nov 2011, so I won't start any real planning until Christmas.

I think we are going to hit Disneyland sometime next summer though, but the dates are still up in the air.

mjaclyn
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
After applying for the Mom's Panel from the very beginning I finally made it to Round 2!! Yay!! I'm very excited...

However, every time I click the link to log in and answer the additional questions it tells me that my email is invalid... I hope that gets fixed soon!!! I only have until Friday to complete the new questions!

DisneyMom12
10-12-2010, 11:53 PM
After applying for the Mom's Panel from the very beginning I finally made it to Round 2!! Yay!! I'm very excited...

However, every time I click the link to log in and answer the additional questions it tells me that my email is invalid... I hope that gets fixed soon!!! I only have until Friday to complete the new questions!

So happy for you. Good luck with round 2.

Melanie
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM

Congratulations!!!! :clappy:

Dsnygirl
10-13-2010, 12:44 AM

Good for you!! I hope you can find your way through -- you can bet I'd be on the phone with someone tomorrow! Good luck -- we'll be cheering for you!!

pixiesmimi
10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Anyone else not receive a reply one way or another? I haven't received anything either way. I hope I didn't inavertently delete it when I was deleting messages off my phone inbox. Anyway to find out if I did or did not receive a message that may have gotten deleted? Or is it just that if we didn't receive anything, we didn't get chosen?

PopPhan
10-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Anyone else not receive a reply one way or another? I haven't received anything either way. I hope I didn't inavertently delete it when I was deleting messages off my phone inbox. Anyway to find out if I did or did not receive a message that may have gotten deleted? Or is it just that if we didn't receive anything, we didn't get chosen?

The initial posting on the Moms Panel application page stated that only those selected to move on to the next level would be notified due to the sheer number of applicants (20,000)

I didn't get an e-mail last night, or today, so I guess I didn't make it.....again!! :( Well....there's always NEXT year!!! :)

pixiesmimi
10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Oh, ok! After reading that some said they didn't make it, I thought maybe they all got an email, one way or another. I deleted some email messages off my phone this morning and noticed at the last minute that one was from Disney and I panicked thinking I may have deleted it. (Which still may be true if I did receive one). :( I wish there was some way to find out if I did indeed receive one but lost it. My phone was set to "delete from phone and inbox" and I didn't realize it until after I had deleted it. Just my luck! :mad:

ILoveLegos
10-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm still in shock, but I made it to round two. I didn't think I had a chance since I'm not married & have no kids ... all I can say is wow, it was a big surprise. I know it's a little early to say, but keep trying each year everyone, you never know what they are looking for - next time it could be you! :blush:

wilcat
10-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Very dissapointed. :( I just got my turn down email. My sympathy to all the others that did not get picked, don't know what it takes but it seems most of us just aren't wanted. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everyone from I'cot that was chosen in round 1 are picked for the final panel. Keep us updated.

Suz36
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Congrats to mjaclyn and ILoveLegos, and good luck with Round 2!

I got my "thanks, but no thanks" email - I'll just have to try again next year! Do you think they give extra points for persistence?:blush:

DisneyMom12
10-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I got the sorry you weren't chosen letter as well. Good luck to those who made it. I will try again next year.

Melanie
10-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm still in shock, but I made it to round two. I didn't think I had a chance since I'm not married & have no kids ... all I can say is wow, it was a big surprise. I know it's a little early to say, but keep trying each year everyone, you never know what they are looking for - next time it could be you! :blush:

Congratulations! Best of luck in the next round. :thumbsup:

Suz36
10-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh, ok! After reading that some said they didn't make it, I thought maybe they all got an email, one way or another. I deleted some email messages off my phone this morning and noticed at the last minute that one was from Disney and I panicked thinking I may have deleted it. (Which still may be true if I did receive one). :( I wish there was some way to find out if I did indeed receive one but lost it. My phone was set to "delete from phone and inbox" and I didn't realize it until after I had deleted it. Just my luck! :mad:

To double check if you were chosen for Round 2, you can sign into the Mom's Panel website and click on the link to submit an application. If you haven't advanced, it will say you're not authorized.

pixiesmimi
10-13-2010, 02:16 PM
To double check if you were chosen for Round 2, you can sign into the Mom's Panel website and click on the link to submit an application. If you haven't advanced, it will say you're not authorized.

Ok, I'll try that! Thanks!

pixiesmimi
10-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Rats! :( Didn't make it! Well, I'll just keep trying. :thumbsup: Congratulations to those that advanced. Hope you make it!

SAHDad
10-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Congrats to mjaclyn and ILoveLegos, and good luck with Round 2!

I got my "thanks, but no thanks" email - I'll just have to try again next year! Do you think they give extra points for persistence?:blush:

I think they actually subtract points for repeated attempts. :(

;) Okay, maybe not, but it is starting to feel like it.

the real Alice
10-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I just got a THanks, but you're rejected letter :( oh well i knew it was a long shot.

Dsnygirl
10-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Congratulations and good luck -- I sure hope our Intercotees advance all the way!! :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
10-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Those of you who haven't heard anything yet (like me), have hope because I just now got my "rejection" email. :( I don't know if they just got around to sending it now or it was sent in response to my inquiry to them this morning. But at least I'm sure now and don't have to worry that I deleted "the important" email saying I had advanced. Sad about it but will try again next time. Those chosen to advance this year prove that it does pay to keep trying. :thumbsup: Good luck to all!

Jared
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Very disappointed how few people from this site reached the second round. Like Melanie said, it seems another site seems to dominate the panel. What a strange coincidence. :shakehead:

I didn't advance, either. Not really surprised. I'm not sure the panel is completely ready for a 22 year-old, single guy quite yet.

T-Belle
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I got my rejection e-mail today too:( . Good luck to fellow Intercot friends that made it to round 2 and for the rest of us...well..there's always next year!

SAHDad
10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Very disappointed how few people from this site reached the second round. Like Melanie said, it seems another site seems to dominate the panel. What a strange coincidence. :shakehead:

I didn't advance, either. Not really surprised. I'm not sure the panel is completely ready for a 22 year-old, single guy quite yet.

The panel barely admits the existence of men, so yeah, a single guy is really long odds.

I think one of the reasons that the certain other forum seems to dominate the list is because they do get more traffic (AFAIK). If more people come to intercot, then more people from intercot will (probably) make the panel.

LottaLubes
10-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to our Intercotees who are moving on to the next round. Good luck with your Round 2 submissions!

Also, I don't think there is any objection to having men on the panel. So far we have 8 which I think is wonderful for a Moms Panel. More the merrier!

SAHDad
10-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to our Intercotees who are moving on to the next round. Good luck with your Round 2 submissions!

Also, I don't think there is any objection to having men on the panel. So far we have 8 which I think is wonderful for a Moms Panel. More the merrier!

8 of what, 48? I'm not counting that as any blow for equality of anything. IMO, it never should have been a "Moms Panel," but rather, an "Experts Panel" - and included singles, childless couples, parents, aunts & uncles, and so forth. But Disney decided to make it a "Moms Panel" and then graciously allow for a fairly small number of men. I'm not terribly impressed by that, to be honest.

I still wish all the current crop all the best of luck, but I do think that Disney is ignoring some very well qualified people (and no, not just me. ;) )

mudpuppysmom
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Congratulations to the two I'cotees that made it to the next round!!! Also, Good Luck!!!

I got my 'sorry, you are reject letter' from them too.....

I think we all get so excited about this because we ARE knowledgeable and HELPFUL....so I say we have OUR OWN panel right here and we are ALL memebers!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Congrats to the 2 who get to advance.

I got my sorry try again email. I think I peaked to early! I got soooo close the pilot year to be the 13th "panelist" in waiting should someone have dropped out. Haven't made it any closer than round 2 since.

Oh, well... one day I'll live down there! and one day I'll be a CM.... or my kids will be in the college internship program! and thats the next best thing... :thumbsup:

EpcotChic23
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Got my rejection letter/sales e-mail. I say sales e-mail b/c they are trying to get me to join their "Mickey's Mom Club". I am sure you all got that so you know what I am talking about....which I thought was odd. I didn't think I had a chance, but I was actually surprised I did get an e-mail back. I thought it was nice that they communicated back to us.

ILoveLegos
10-14-2010, 05:28 PM
A big THANK-YOU for all the well wishers on Intercot, your good vibes definitely helped me tackle the next phase of challenging questions and "assignments".

Best wishes to mjaclyn - I hope that the problem with logging onto the site was resolved & that all is going smoothly on your 2nd round entry. :mickey:

I know it sounds corny, but I have learned so much from everyone at Intercot - I think Disney would do very well by tapping into each and everyone's love for DIsney - here at Intercot! :thumbsup:

Now, I'll slip quietly back into the nail-biting waiting room (They've gotta grow out to have something to bite again! :blush:)

Thanks again everyone!

-Johnetta

PopPhan
10-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Got my rejection letter/sales e-mail. I say sales e-mail b/c they are trying to get me to join their "Mickey's Mom Club". I am sure you all got that so you know what I am talking about....which I thought was odd. I didn't think I had a chance, but I was actually surprised I did get an e-mail back. I thought it was nice that they communicated back to us.

I DON'T know what you are getting at in that there are no charges to be in the Mickey Moms Club. I am in my second year and have yet to receive anything other than invitations to join in group activities at WDW -- IF I was in the vicinity at the time, I would have gladly joined in. (We actually left WDW 2 days before the last gathering!)

Dsnygirl
10-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I say sales e-mail b/c they are trying to get me to join their "Mickey's Mom Club". I am sure you all got that so you know what I am talking about....which I thought was odd.
I got the same e-mail (last year, as well... ;)) and never found anything to be a sales pitch... just an invitation to join a free group for those of us that applied, but didn't make it all the way. They've given us free goodies and recipes and downloadable fun for the computer, but never charged for any bit of it. You should look into it - it's actually a nice website and has fun info! (and I agree -- it has been nice to get the e-mail, even though I wish it was the "other" one!! :D)

LarryBoy
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
According to my rejection email, I'm already a member of the Mom's Club and I didn't even know it. Go me!:thumbsup:

ILoveLegos
10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm sheepishly darting out of the nail biting room to let all of you Intercoters know that ...

... I made it to the final phone interview round for the 2011 Moms Panel. Yeah! :mickey:

Now, it's time for more nail growing and nail biting and because it's back to the Mom's Panel hopeful waiting room again. The interview will be scheduled for sometime next week. I'll try keep everyone here up to date on my progress, whether I make it any further or not. :blush:

mjaclyn, I hope you get good news today too!

Thanks to everyone for your support!

-Johnetta

LittleRoosMommy
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Congratulations!!!! Good luck with the phone interveiw!! Sending some pixie dust your way... :pixie:

TheVBs
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Congratulations!!! Lots of positive thoughts heading your way!

LottaLubes
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Congrats, Johnetta!! I wish you the best with your phone interview!

ILoveLegos
10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Many THANKS! :grouphug:

Emme&TeddysMommy
10-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Good Luck!

Melanie
10-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Good luck, good luck, good luck Johnetta!! :fingers:

KylesMom
10-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Johnetta, you GO! We're all behind you! :mickey:

DisneyMom12
10-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Good Luck!!!!!

mjaclyn
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Congratulations for making it to Round 3!!!

I am SO excited to say that I WILL be joining you there!!!! I'm still in shock! :joy:

Melanie
10-27-2010, 07:38 AM

I am SO excited to say that I WILL be joining you there!!!! I'm still in shock! :joy:

SUPER congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you both. :)

ILoveLegos
10-27-2010, 04:17 PM

EXCELLENT!!! :mickey:

Suz36
10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Congrats, and good luck with the phone interview! We're all rooting for you, and biting our nails right along with you!

LottaLubes
11-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Just wanted to pop in and wish our Intercotees the best as they find out their fate to join the Moms Panel. Can't wait to meet the new panelists soon! :mickey:

mjaclyn
11-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to let you know that I received my phone call this morning and I didn't make it on the panel this year. Of course I'm really sad because I wanted to be on the panel and I LOVE trip planning, but I'll definitely be applying again next year!

DisneyMom12
11-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Sorry you didn't make, but how exciting you made it as far as you did. I hope next year is your year.

ILoveLegos
11-10-2010, 09:06 PM
MJaclyn, My heart goes out to you, I am saddened to hear that you did not make the 2011 panel this time. However, I am inspired by your resolve to not give up your dream by trying again next year! As a fellow Disney Moms Panel hopeful, I know that you must have put your heart, mind and soul into each step of the application process. Surely, you'd agree that it was quite an interesting ride preparing our essays, our planning document, our video memory, telephone interviewing and entering into the "nail biting / waiting room" each time until the next round was selected. The good thing was that there were many others in there with us offering lots of support that it made the waiting, dare I say fun! :grouphug: I am so encouraged to read that you will try again for the 2012 Moms Panel! :mickey: Making it to the final round is definitely a wonderful achievement that you should be very proud of indeed! :thumbsup:

Sincerely,

Johnetta

P.S. - For those of you wondering if anyone from Intercot was accepted to the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel. The answer is yes, me. (I can finally grow my nails again). :blush:

LottaLubes
11-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Congrats, Johnetta! Welcome to the Moms Panel! :mickey:

Mjaclyn, I'm sorry you didn't receive similar news. You are awesome and I hope you try again next year. There are a few of us on the panel who did not make it the first time (or longer) but came back to go all the way. Hang in there!

Melanie
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
P.S. - For those of you wondering if anyone from Intercot was accepted to the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel. The answer is yes, me. (I can finally grow my nails again). :blush:

Congratulations!!! :clappy:

I hope you will still stop by and offer your expertise to our members. Best of luck on your new journey! :mickey:

DisneyMom12
11-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Congrats Johnetta!

KylesMom
11-11-2010, 10:39 AM
A big congrats, Johnetta! I can only imagine how exciting this must be for you . . .

mjaclyn, you should be very proud that you made it to the final round - we sure are!

Well done!:wine:

ILoveLegos
11-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Many thanks everyone, I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

:mickey:

pixiesmimi
11-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Congratulations! Please come back on here and give us up dates! So exciting!:congrats:

Suz36
11-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Congrats Johnetta! Please keep us informed so that we may live vicariously through you!

Mjacyln, congrats to you as well for making it to the final round! Just think of the experience that this now gives you for next year!!

KylesMom
02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Just had to offer my congrats again to Johnetta - dontcha just love seeing our own INTERCOT member "ILoveLegos" on the panel?! :mickey: Directly from my Mom's Panel e-mail:

You probably already know them, but we wanted to formally introduce you to your fellow Disney Parks fans, your new panelists! Thanks to everyone who applied to be a part of this year's panel; your knowledge and love for all things Disney is what makes the Walt Disney World Resort® the Happiest Place on Earth! Have fun getting to know the 15 new panelists who will be sharing their expertise and stories from around the globe.

From their adventures on the new Disney Dream, to finding out about all the new attractions and resorts that will debut this year, the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will be researching and getting the inside scoop on all things Disney Parks just for you!

Johnetta Scott; Plainfield, N.J. – Families come in all shapes and sizes… just ask Johnetta, who serves as the official Disney vacation planner to her seven nieces and nephews. This self-proclaimed "Princess" enjoys volunteering and learning foreign languages.

No more pinching - the dream has become reality. YAY! :thumbsup:

ILoveLegos
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks Carol (KylesMom)!

I have to say that this has been quite a fantastic ride! I have been so encouraged and inspired by all of you!!! I have also been privileged to meet so many wonderful people along the way. Now, I am truly honored to be named among all of the truly knowledgeable and helpful members of the Disney Moms Panel!

I know I haven't posted much lately on Intercot. I have been adjusting to the "routine" of researching, answering questions, and digging out of snow drifts - but I wanted you all to know that I am still around and I still love being a member of this board so much!!! :cloud9:

So what's new? Well ... I'm unpacked, my nails have grown back and I need to post a trip report or something :blush: while everything is still fresh in my mind ... :mickey:

One more thing, I want to encourage all of you to keep applying for a "spot" on the next Disney Moms Panel (when it opens up again). I'm living proof that you don't have to be a mom, just be yourself (you might be exactly what they are looking for next time)! I think that this is an awesome experience, that you would all absolutely enjoy so much! :thumbsup:

Thanks again everyone for every kind word and I'll be in touch soon! :)

-Johnetta

Melanie
02-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Congratulations Johnetta! It's truly wonderful to hear how magical it's been for you. Enjoy the ride, and do come visit when you can! :mickey:

meldan98
02-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I just hope that someday they create a panel for Disneyland.