PDA

View Full Version : Any news on MK's 40th anniversary??

Dsnygirl
08-24-2010, 09:37 AM
:mickey: Has anyone heard anything about what Disney may (or may not) be doing to celebrate MK's 40th anniversary next year? Will it be a whole-year celebration, or just a month-long thing? Just a day?? It'd be so fun if they did something all year...

:thanks:

Strmchsr
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
No announcement on that yet. I suspect they'll do something, but usually they announce the next year's theme in October. Sept/Oct is almost always when the big announcements come.

Mary Poppins fan
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I hate waiting!

LudwigVonDrake
08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
October would be the best bet for any announcement(s) :wave:

Strmchsr
08-25-2010, 08:32 PM
October would be the best bet for any announcement(s) :wave:

The only reason I say Sept is that is when the D23 conference is and that's when they made the big announcements last year.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-25-2010, 09:41 PM
The only reason I say Sept is that is when the D23 conference is and that's when they made the big announcements last year.

Good point...they have to give those people SOMETHING for their money.;)

diz_girl
08-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Be careful what you wish for, or else you could wind up with something like that abomination of a castle cake that they had for the 25th anniversary. It was just hideous. :shake:

BellesRose
08-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Be careful what you wish for, or else you could wind up with something like that abomination of a castle cake that they had for the 25th anniversary. It was just hideous. :shake:
It's hard to believe that was already 15 years ago!

I still can't believe it's been 5 years since Disneyland celebrated 50! That's when my Disney craze made it to a whole new level...:mickey:

Gator
08-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Oooh. That would give me another reason to go back to WDW.

JPL
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
With the current trend in attendance falling off, Harry Potter drawing big crowds, & Fantasyland still a few years off I am guessing we will see a 15 month celebration that will bring them up to the New Fantasyland opening at the end of the celebration or very soon after it.

TheVBs
08-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Great question! I'm anxious to find out too. Really looking forward to our trip next fall. :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
08-27-2010, 09:52 AM

That was our first trip to WDW. I didn't see "The Castle" until the next year, after they took down the cake mask.

Mary Poppins fan
08-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Be careful what you wish for, or else you could wind up with something like that abomination of a castle cake that they had for the 25th anniversary.
That was our first view of the castle too! :sick:

Dewdrop034
08-27-2010, 08:55 PM

I just looked up pictures of that castle cake..ewww...that was awful. :shake: I hope they don't do anything like that next year. I finally got to see the castle up close and personal for the first time in my life this year and I would like to see it in it's original pristine condition when I go next year.

seanyred
08-27-2010, 09:40 PM
the Happiest Celebration on Earth Castle was very nicely done. So if they do anything I hope it has that type of elagence

BellesRose
08-27-2010, 11:11 PM
the Happiest Celebration on Earth Castle was very nicely done. So if they do anything I hope it has that type of elagence
I agree. Honestly, I think The Happiest Celebration on Earth was my favorite thing Disney has ever done. Maybe they will do another one when Disney World turns 50? I'm getting ahead of myself though...still waiting for the announcement of the 40th!

Dsnygirl
08-28-2010, 01:43 AM
That was our first trip to WDW. I didn't see "The Castle" until the next year, after they took down the cake mask.
Ours, too.... I think I'd seen it briefly years before on a day trip, but had no real memory of it, so the "b'day castle" was my first real exposure. Didn't realize at the time how bad it was, 'til we went back 9 years later and compared pictures... ouch!! It was horrible... :ack: