PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to the Board Walk

lovinmesomedisney
08-23-2010, 04:17 PM
I love the Board Walk, especially the ESPN Club. The problem to me is, getting there. Seems transportation to and from the Board Walk can be a pain. We did the boat but if you don't plan on going to Epcot that particular day, what are the options? The only thing I can think of is going to a park and then to one of the resorts there? I wish it were easier to get there. Any suggestions?

VWL Mom
08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Another option would be to take the bus to DHS and then either walk the path over to the BW. There is also a small launch to take over if you prefer.

LauraF
08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Also catch the bus to Swan/Dolphin and walk over.

caryrae
08-23-2010, 06:03 PM
How much would a Taxi cost?

faline
08-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Park to Boardwalk is probably the easiest. If you go on a day when you're not going to enter a park and/or don't have park hoppers, I'd avoid going to Epcot as you need to walk through Epcot to get to Boardwalk. If you are able to enter Epcot, exiting through the International Gateway is probably the quickest was to get there. If you need to avoid park entry, I'd go to Disney Studios and either walk or take the boat from that location. If the parks are closed, your only choices are to go to Downtown Disney and transfer to a Boardwalk bus there or take a taxi directly to Boardwalk.

faline
08-23-2010, 06:39 PM

Depends on your starting point but this (http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando)might help.

Briansmom
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I'd avoid going to Epcot as you need to walk through Epcot to get to Boardwalk. If you are able to enter Epcot, exiting through the International Gateway is probably the quickest was to get there.

Okay, so once you go thru International Gateway OUT of Epcot to Boardwalk or BC, can you get back IN to Epcot thru the Inatl Gateway when you are finished at the Boardwalk or hotels?

We are going to eat at Captain's Grille and we've never been to this part of Epcot nor to these resorts.....a new adventure...YAY! :mickey:

faline
08-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Okay, so once you go thru International Gateway OUT of Epcot to Boardwalk or BC, can you get back IN to Epcot thru the Inatl Gateway when you are finished at the Boardwalk or hotels?

If you've already been in Epcot and Epcot is still open, you can return through the International Gateway once you finish your visit. If Epcot is closed, you will not be able to re-enter and will need to use a different route to return home.

Briansmom
08-23-2010, 09:01 PM
If you've already been in Epcot and Epcot is still open, you can return through the International Gateway once you finish your visit. If Epcot is closed, you will not be able to re-enter and will need to use a different route to return home.

And one more question...is it true that it is quicker to just walk to BC than try to take one of the boats there from International Gateway? Thanks so much!

lovinmesomedisney
08-24-2010, 09:08 AM

We have a group of 12, so a taxi would be kind of crazy. If I were going to go that route, I would probably consider quicksilver. We have an open day, and I'm thinking people may want to go to all different parks, but since it is a Sunday and during football season, everyone wants to go to ESPN. I'm just checking out all the options for getting there, in case we all choose different starting points before heading to the Board Walk.

lovinmesomedisney
08-24-2010, 09:11 AM
"If you need to avoid park entry, I'd go to Disney Studios and either walk or take the boat from that location."

OK, I have been to the Studios numerous times, and I don't ever recall seeing a boat. Where do I find the boat going to the Board Walk? :blush:

faline
08-24-2010, 09:56 AM
OK, I have been to the Studios numerous times, and I don't ever recall seeing a boat. Where do I find the boat going to the Board Walk? :blush:

When you get off the bus and head towards the park, look to your right. There is a path that goes down to the boat dock. It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

OR

As you exit, Disney Studios, stay all the way to your left and continue walking to your left. The path will curve around the left and lead you to the boat dock.

faline
08-24-2010, 09:58 AM
And one more question...is it true that it is quicker to just walk to BC than try to take one of the boats there from International Gateway? Thanks so much!

That's been my experience. When you leave Epcot, just walk straight ahead. You'll come to a bridge. If you go left over the bridge, you'll be at Boardwalk. If you walk straight ahead, you'll come to the Beach Club and the Yacht Club.

I also generally find it quicker to walk from the Boardwalk to Disney Studios then to wait for the boat.

CanadianWDWFan
08-24-2010, 02:59 PM
"I have been to the Studios numerous times, and I don't ever recall seeing a boat. Where do I find the boat going to the Board Walk? :blush:

As you come from the buses to go to the park entrance, go right instead of going left. The boat ramp is right there.

I also generally find it quicker to walk from the Boardwalk to Disney Studios then to wait for the boat.
This has been our experience as well. The walk is a nice change of pace.

lovinmesomedisney
08-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the information! I really appreciate it. You learn something new everyday! :mickey:

Suz36
08-25-2010, 09:27 PM

How long would you estimate the walk to take, at a leisurely pace?

faline
08-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Probably 15-20 minutes. On our last trip a few weeks ago, we walked from Disney Studios to Boardwalk and back on a very hot and sticky morning so we were certainly walking at a leisurely pace and I think it was about a 20 minute walk.

spoiledraf
08-28-2010, 07:49 PM
You mention wanting to go to ESPN. My experience with that is plan on getting there a couple hours early to get a chance of getting in during the season on Sunday. Our waiter said people start lining up over an hour before it opens. But Good Luck. You may get lucky. They don't take Res.

faline
08-29-2010, 06:05 PM
You mention wanting to go to ESPN. My experience with that is plan on getting there a couple hours early to get a chance of getting in during the season on Sunday.

This can be an issue. There are times we've skip[ped ESPN due to the long line waiting to get in.